This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Site Feedback & Questions

Hello Everyone, and welcome to the NEW AND IMPROVED TangledWeb!!

I wanted to put up a centralized thread where everyone could put their feedback about the new site.

See something you don't like? Post it here and we will try to address it, or let you know why we can/can't.

See something you do like? Let us know!

Have suggestions for new things? Put it here and we will take them into consideration!

Have any question about the new site functionality (or lack there of in some respects)? Pose them here (Hey, you can even @ me by just typing @ blackfox42 (without the space) if you want to get my attention even faster) and we will respond as quickly as we can!
    "Ho there wanderer... Stay thy course a moment to indulge an old man." ~Elminster, BG1, just outside Candlekeep

For Evil to triumph, all good men must do is nothing. The corollary to that proverb is that sometimes evil must be done by honorable men for the greater good to triumph. ~Twilight Warriors

I'll be upfront in that I haven't gotten a chance to really poke around so much and get a lay of the land but I still want to present my praise on undertaking such a large endeavor. Really job well done all, you've got a lot to be proud of.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Regina Thorn: The Savage : The Fallow Hills Frontier

Ken: The timelordgod : Carrion-Crown

Kosj: the Plague: One Shot Wonders

5e Subclass Titanic Brawler: Seeking Constructive Feedback

Comment

So I think I found where to adjust some of the user settings, such as the background color scheme, but my profile seems to have an amusing glitch where it thinks I was born in the year 1000, recognizes that this is incorrect and won't let me adjust any user settings without updating my birthday, but ALSO won't let me update my birthday to a more reasonable year. Is that something that could get unlocked for me? I would like to adjust some other user settings and I do promise that I am neither under 13 nor a 1,000+ year old eldrich being.

Comment

It's going to take some fiddling and adjusting, but I like the update.
        Designing systems on no sleep. Classed games are boring af.

Comment

Originally posted by keldree View Post
          So I think I found where to adjust some of the user settings, such as the background color scheme, but my profile seems to have an amusing glitch where it thinks I was born in the year 1000, recognizes that this is incorrect and won't let me adjust any user settings without updating my birthday, but ALSO won't let me update my birthday to a more reasonable year. Is that something that could get unlocked for me? I would like to adjust some other user settings and I do promise that I am neither under 13 nor a 1,000+ year old eldrich being.
          The guys are on it

Comment

I cannot seem to find a way to edit my signature.
            "But upon all whom you love my thought shall weigh as a cloud of Doom, and it shall bring them down into darkness and despair. Wherever they go, evil shall arise. Whenever they speak, their words shall bring ill counsel. Whatsoever they do shall turn against them. They shall die without hope, cursing both life and death."

Comment

Originally posted by Hideous View Post
              I cannot seem to find a way to edit my signature.
              I can see where it would be tough to find! You can locate it by following these steps!

How to Edit your Signature
              In the top right, click on the arrow next to your name. Then click "My Profile".

From there, click "Edit Settings" on the left hand side under your picture.

Then click on the Account Tab.

After that, about halfway down the page is a section called "Conversation Detail Options". To the right of that is a link that says "Edit Post Signature".

Once you select that, you should get a pop up window that is an editor that will let you do as necessary to edit your signature!

Hope this helps! And feel free to ask any other questions that come up!
              "Ho there wanderer... Stay thy course a moment to indulge an old man." ~Elminster, BG1, just outside Candlekeep

For Evil to triumph, all good men must do is nothing. The corollary to that proverb is that sometimes evil must be done by honorable men for the greater good to triumph. ~Twilight Warriors

Comment

Hi.
                I think the new forum is more stylish and does away with some of the problems of the previous one -- waiting to see whether I have fewer phpbb sessions problems which prevent me from posting.

When viewing this thread there's no sidebar on the right. However when viewing a campaign thread there's a rather useless sidebar on the right with sections like "About this Campaign/Owner/Members/etc". The sidebar moves to the bottom of the page when the window width is less than approx 750px. If your window is slightly wider than that, with the desktop layout you have almost no space to see replies. Would you please add a button to let us manually remove the sidebar (ie switch to the mobile site layout) and increase the min window width to something like 1200? Even with a 1280px-wide monitor I think the sidebar is a waste of space and want to remove it, and I'm not the only one. Cheers.
                Last edited by Voxel; 03-25-2021, 07:09 PM.
                (Samzin Zephys) (Slyberos Ilpheldon)

Comment

Spoiler code/button?
                  Designing systems on no sleep. Classed games are boring af.

Comment

It's the same code as the old site. (spoiler)text(/quote) replace parenthesis with brackets.

Yes, we will get icons for easy use up at some point.

Comment

The new site doesn't seem to play nice with Google Chrome (for me at least). I attempted to log in multiple times (with and without script-blocker enabled) but it never took. Even tried getting it to send a password reset just in case. That didn't seem to go through either. I am now logged in via Firefox (which i had to download specifically to attempt this). I have no clue why it's acting this way, but felt it prudent to inform people.
                      Active Character(s):
                      D&D
                      Aleisandra - level 6 Dark Elan Soulknife - The Altar of the Sleepless - GM - Zeros

Comment

That is odd. I use Chrome almost exclusively and am able to access everything on the site including via my phone chrome app...so just fleshing out the issue that a problem with Chrome seems to not affect all users
                        Last edited by keldree; 03-26-2021, 03:10 PM.

Comment

The weird thing is I have a similar problem with an unrelated site that has a "fancy" version of Pathfinder character sheets. I can see someone's basic statblock when it's linked, but I cannot log in to either do my own or view someone's full sheet. It's just an infinite log-in loop.
                          Active Character(s):
                          D&D
                          Aleisandra - level 6 Dark Elan Soulknife - The Altar of the Sleepless - GM - Zeros

Comment

Most users use chrome. The people building this site use chrome. We haven't encountered any issues like the one you are describing.
                            This leads me to suspect at least a little that the problem is on your end in your chrome. Perhaps an extension or add-on? Especially if firefox runs it perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by Faeryl View Post
                              The new site doesn't seem to play nice with Google Chrome (for me at least). I attempted to log in multiple times (with and without script-blocker enabled) but it never took. Even tried getting it to send a password reset just in case. That didn't seem to go through either. I am now logged in via Firefox (which i had to download specifically to attempt this). I have no clue why it's acting this way, but felt it prudent to inform people.
                              Very odd..... I'm in Chrome right now actually.

Have you tried clearing your Cache since the change over? Its possible you're holding onto some old cached information somehow that is causing issues.

Is your setup in any way out of the ordinary? Any sort of VPN forwarding or anything like that that you have to do to get out to the net?

Have you tried logging in, then, when you get looped back, manually navigating elsewhere to see if you ARE logged in, but its for some reason re-directing you to the non-logged in page?

Comment

Working...
                              X