No announcement yet.

Unknown Soldiers Literary Works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As Tarrga awoke Arlyana was still with him, actually, she had her arm wrapped around his large body, he looked at her and she stood up, as did he.

" we msut press on, whoever sent these damned hounds is going to wonder where his pets are, lets move towards the river, we'll have to cross it anyway. objections?" asked Tarrga, knowing that Arlyana was much more familliar with the forest than he was.

" id say that we should take to the treetops, but im not sure if your up for that, you dont look like one that would be easily supported by the branches, we must stay on the ground.... and beware for the evil of this place...." was her reply.

and so Tarrga gathered his sleeping stuffs and began the trek towards the stream... there was some considerable distance still, as the river was about halfway through the forest. As they proceeded Tarrga began to feel uneasy, but said nothing to his new compaion, little did he know that she felt it too. As the pair continued they walked past an old, crumbling abandon temple, the doors were nonexistant and the walls were made of old stone, now rotting to dust, the roof had caved in hundreds of years ago and there was a large hole in the floor visible from where they were, maybe 10 feet from the entrance. Tarrga thought he saw some creature move inside the building but dismissed it. as they walked past the building Tarrga thought he felt something following them. but every time he turned around there was nothing there.

"something is following us Arlyana, and its not good..." Tarrga whispered quietly.

"i know, i can feel it too, its a Dread Wraith, its was in that temple well before i got here... its possibly the spirit of the Priest that died when the roof came down.... i dont know, but we must get far from the temple, it wont go very far from it..." was her reply, and as they reply was made the Dread Wraith came for them... it targeted Tarrga as the most valuable soul, and attempted to use its vile touch attack, Tarrga slammed his sword through the creatures Incorporeal body, causing some damage, as Tarrga spun to make another attack his sword slashed through the Incorpreal body again. the creature fled from Tarrga and sprung at Arlyana, his viscious touch attack striking, Tarrga brought his sword down onto the creatures Incorpreal skull with critical force sending the tormented soul back where it was supposed to be.

"well ,that was surprisingly easy... are you okay? hey... Arlyana??"

the beasts touch had hit her constitution heavily, and Tarrga would have to carry her for a little bit... he leaned her agaisnt an tree and splashed some water from his waterskin... she awoke. " you alrgiht the Dread Wraith hit you..."

" yes, fool im alright now, good thing it didnt get you.... we must press on."

with that they continued... and Tarrga found out why they needed to press on, not 10 minutes after theyre encounter with the Wraith did 3 Myrmarch Formians surround them... " this was why we needed to hurry?"

"yes, hurry, you msut fight them while i manuver to get a better spot to shoot, they will ignore me.... your chaotic alignment will draw them to you...."

" then lets go " with that Tarrga erupted into a viscious rage, and his sword slashed into formian bodies, the formians struck him only once each with their stingers... then Tarrga slashed them off... as Tarrga was working the formians with violent power, Arlyana was watching from the treetops for any other formians rushing to the aid of the Myrmarchs... a few warriors presented themselves and recieved arrows in their eyes for the efforts... as one myrmarch fell dead, the aid stopped, the queen decided the myrmarchs were lsot causes... and they knew this, they fought with all new vigor, but Tarrgas relentless slashing did not stop until he was covered in formian guts, and the myrmarchs lay in pieces around him, as Tarrga came out of his rage he felt the ground shaking as a gargantuan creature errupoted from the earth beneath him, as Tarrga flew into the trees he flew into another rage, landing on the nightcrawlers back, and he slammed his sword again and again into the beast... Arlyana shot arrows into the beasts maw as it twisted and turned trying to snap and whip Tarrga with its tail... Tarrga used his impecable ride skill to stay on the beast while slashing... slash after slash, hit after hit, Tarrgas blade began to sever the beasts head, helped of course by the beasts snapping and squirming, tree were smashed and the canopy broken exposing the beast to the evening sun, as Tarrga hacked at the creature, something errupted in his throat, he stumbed on the creatures back and a line of acid sprewed from his mouth, 60ft down the creatures back causing it to wither and squirm more, and Tarrga was tossed from its back and launched intop a tree, still holding his sword he scrambled onto the tree and followed Arylanas action of firing arrows into the beast... the creature was finally slain as arrows pierced its eye and maw....

" Tarrga, what in the blood hell was that? you spit ACID at the beast... first your hands and teeth, now your breathing acid like a bloody black dragon... Tarrga???"

Tarrga had passed out from exhaustion from continually entering rages.... he was sleeping like a child in the tree branches....
    I Shall Rule the World; black rain and fire shall reign from the skies as the streets thy mortals have forged becomes rivers flowing continuosly with your blood. Humanity shall crumble and death and despair shall cover thy lands.Let the Black Rain fall upon all thy unbelievers.

/me Sips the Blood of only the Purest of Souls from an ever flowing Chalice Crafted from the Bones of those who stood in His way.

The Warden of The North
    The Royal Executioner
    The RiDDLe BoxXx

Comment

some how Arlyana had managed to take Tarrga from the tree branches and lay him at the base of the tree. as he awoke from his somewhat unconsious and exhausted state Arlyana sat carving a small branch with her dagger. not really making anything, but passing time until Tarrga awoke...

"hello... how did i get down here? last thing i remember that thing had thrown me into the trees..."

"dont even ask any questions Tarrga, youve got some damned explainin to do... look at you, you hands are claws, your teeth are sharp as daggers, and jsut a few hours ago you spit acid all over a nightcrawler, would you please explain to me what in the bloody Nine Hells is going on?"

"truth be honest i dont know... all i know is i must seek the lair of the great dragon Arjskerrt'Drecort'Srevious, i am his last relative, i am the last to carry his blood line, he came to me and my peoples as a Dark Soldier and requested that i come with him, then he made some huge speech which i do not remember and told me that i knew how to find him... i have no clue what he was talking about, and believe this whole quest is completely insane, but i know that its something i must do, i feel him tuggin at me, so you are free to come or go, i will not attempt to bind you. Morothos said i would undergo physical changes..."

"well isnt that nice, your becoming a dragon... lovely, i will stay til the end of this journey, as i said i would, you will not get rid of me that easily. your stuck with me."

"do you know of my dragon relative??"

"aye, everyone knows of him, it is said he is a league in length and his wingspan is half that, he has been said to devastate entire cities in hours and vanquish even troupes of hundreds that travel to his lair to kill him, it is said that nothing living aside from the dragon itself has ever emerged from the lair once it has entered.... it is said that his scales are blacker than the night, so dark that they put a hole in the sky, and that the faces of those he has killed can be seen in the red swirls of his scales, it is said that he is an awesome and fearsome sight to behold. yes i know of your ancestor, but you may want to keep that ancestory somewhat secret to others we may meet, for many have lost loved ones to his ravagings, your ancestor is possibly the oldest and msot powerful dragon still alive, with hundreds of centuries of death and violence behind him. he is hated, he is feared, he is worshipped. he is treated as a god by some, and as a grave enemy by others. there are those that would willingly give their lives to him, and there are those whose lives have or will be torn from them by him. some even question the fact that he has lived for so long and imply that he has become a violent draco-lich, and that explains why his strikings have come more and more over the last 8 or 9 centuries. i do not think he has sunken to lichism, for he was always a strong dragon, but it is possible. it is possible that he requires your blood to keep him alive any longer, because he ahs lived so long as a draco-lich that all the blood of his ancestors that has granted him such powers hgas run dry in his veins. but that is all i will say of that."

" quite a speech milady, but i must tell you, that i feel stronger and more defensive now that i have awoken.... is that part of the dragonism? of course it is... i must learn to shut up sometimes... shall we continue, or shall we rest some more before moving on to the river? i am sertain something lovely awaits us there. i dont even want to think about what creatures might emerge from those waters."

"no we will stay here for a little while, you need to eat, i need to eat.... i must revise my spells and gear tehm more towards battle, because they are absolutely useless, and i msut teach you to use your spells... yes you can cast spells now.... lets see what spells you have... ah, one of them is useful, the other two are pointless.... you need battle spells dearest. you know, you are kind of cute, for becoming a dragon, and being such a brute...maybe i will not teach you to use your spells.... maybe i will do other things...." she crawled across the ground on her hands and knees to where Tarrga was lounging agaisnt the tree still. " maybe i will bind you against your will, " her hands flickered and her mouth moved as she cast a spell, and Tarrga could no longer move... " and pull your armour off you, " she continued to tug off Tarrgas leather armour. " then i think i will pull off your grubby clothing...." she pulled off the less than rags Tarrga wore under his leather armour, " whats next Tarrga? well, i cant have you bound anymore can i?" the spell released him and he looked at her in amazment...

"why are you doing this Arlyana?"

"because i want to? because ive saved your life and youve saved mine? because the reason ive been in this forest is simply this... i was sent not only to be a companion in battle, but more."

"if you are doing this because you were sent to, i want no part in it. not that im saying you arent a beautiful elven maiden or anything, but it isnt right if it is something you are told to do, and i cannot participate in it. where did you put my clothing Arlyana?"

"i have them...and i am not doing this because i was told to, i am doing this because i want to, because ive watched you grow up, and i saw what you would be even when you were a child. i saw the man that is before me now, and ive waited for you to come to me, to pass through my forest as a grown man. not because this is what i was meant to be, your companion, but because it is something that i want, because i want to be your compainion." she stepped closer to him now, sliding her clothing off as she did....

OKAY ENOUGH pr0n YOU SICK MINDED BUGGERS!!!!! ill let you imagine what you want... get your damned hands OUT of your pants!!!
      I Shall Rule the World; black rain and fire shall reign from the skies as the streets thy mortals have forged becomes rivers flowing continuosly with your blood. Humanity shall crumble and death and despair shall cover thy lands.Let the Black Rain fall upon all thy unbelievers.

/me Sips the Blood of only the Purest of Souls from an ever flowing Chalice Crafted from the Bones of those who stood in His way.

The Warden of The North
      The Royal Executioner
      The RiDDLe BoxXx

Comment

okay your all sick buggers if you actually liked reading that last post.... the only reason i even mad it is because some readers expected some sexual action to be goin on... personally i wanted to kill Arlyana the post after i introduced her, but i got a few comments on Arlyana that made me think she would be a valuable asset to Tarrga, and she has proven so so far. this story is written as much by my readers that are polite enough to contact me as it is written by me. i use the ideas of my readers as much as i possibly can and attempt to keep them intrigued. please i encourage ALL of my readers to post a reply in here or to PM me... hell i have people that dont even know what DnD is giving me encouragement to continue writting this story. when i strike writers blocks they encourage me with ideas that i work into destructive plots. yes most of these people are friends that i tell to read this thing, and yes they are pretty reluctant to, but they have all enjoyed it so far and are now following my posts as i got through. im attempting to get them to join the TW and maybe even get into DnD. now i have taken up way to much damned space with this pointless rambling, so back to our story.

(Through his battles tarrga gains strength and skill, and i update his sheet. http://www.thetangledweb.net/profiler/view.php?id=7130 )

The Warden of The North
        The Royal Executioner
        The RiDDLe BoxXx

Comment

as Tarrga and Arlyana finished redressing and arming and of course armouring themselve, they heard and felt a slight shaking fo the ground. not near as brutal as the shaking from that blasted nightcrawler, but whatever was comming for Tarrga this time was big enough to cause some hell.

"move, get into the trees so you can shoot this thing without getting clobbered, if they cant hit you, your more valuable to me." with that Tarrga tossed Arlyana about halfway up the tree and she clambered the rest of the way.

Tarrga stood back with his sword held at the ready, awaitng what ever foul beasts were on there way. what he saw was not what he expected, it wasnt a vile desecration of nature, but four rather large creatures, two mad eof stone and two of iron.... and they had firey red eyes glaring directly into Tarrgas soul. Tarrga rushed the nearest golem, happeneing to be a stone golem, he crash his sword hard into the beasts sternum, damaging the thing effectively, he turned and used trhe forceful backswing to strike another critical attack and sever one of the things arms, as he did this Arlyana shot her elven double bow with expert skill, hitting the beast several times in the chest, as Tarrga moved again to strike One Arm, an iron golem smahsed its fists hard into Tarrga, as Tarrga was slammed by one iron golem, the other opened its steely mouth and emitted a vile gas, Tarrga inhaled very little before he could begin to hold his breath ( 2 CON damage) even that little bit began to make Tarrga light headed as he battle and hacked off limbs, he was slammed around and one of the golems used him to shield from two of Arlyanas arrows, not that that was enough the golem proceeded to slam Tarrga, pushing the arrows through his armour and body. Tarrga struck at the beasts knees severing both legs and was nearly crushed by the beast, as the iron golem spit yet another cloud of gas, Tarrga inhaled much more of is this time ( 4 CON damage) and his light headedness was becoming more and more. still he relentlessly swung his sword and took limbs, Arlyana even thought she saw one of the things loose its head... as Tarrga did battle with the final stone golem, Arlyana saw a devastating sight.... two Greater Stone Golems were advancing quickly, taking out trees as tehy stalked toward Tarrga.... she volleyed arrows at them, unsure if she struck, but she did slow them slightly. she had to make him aware of the new threat.

"TARRGA.... there are two more.... MUCH bigger, you must finish that one and engage the others from behind." as she said that Tarrga landed the final blow on the golem... slicing it in half.

"more, bloody hell... i cant do this alone, shoot the bastards!" and he ran around the golems, sneaking and hiding among the bushes as Arylana shot at the creatures, he knew he would only get one good shot at one golem if he approached directly from behind, so he decided to wait until they were passing and take his sword hard into the backs of the beasts legs... to bad they were contructs and not living beasts.... as Tarrga sword slashed into the legs of the creatures the first one spun to face him, and he knew he was in for it. one of the golems issued a violent kick that Tarrga felt full force in the chest.... it sent him sprawling into the brush again, as he stood the second golem was bringin a large foot down to stomp him, he rolled out of the way and took the foot right off, crippling the giant contruct, the first came upon Tarrga with two violent slammin blows, injuring Tarrge extremely, he knew he had to kill these things quickly, for he couldnt hold onto life much longer.... Tarrga used his agility to climb upon the crippled beasts back by running up a treetrunk and leaping, the uninjured golem brought his hands down again to smash Tarrga, and Tarrga rolled off Cripples back, the uninjured golems hands slammed into Cripples back, and Tarrga capitolised on the action by climbing another tree and leaping onto the unijured golems shoulder, using his amazing riding skills to hold on with his legs as he cleaved his sword deep into the skull of the golem... the golem smacked Tarrga off his shoulder and Tarrga hide as best he could in the bush. two arrows struck the creature in the throat and it looked away from Tarrga, which allowed him to charge at the beast and take out its legs, he stayed behind the creature now, slamming his sword into its legs hard, he felled the beast the slashed at is more violently. Cripple was still not defeated and as Tarrga worked one golem Arlyana shot at the other, who was not far from the death bed, and it died quickly stuck with arrows. Tarrga ended the golems life with gaping slashes in its stone body.

Tarrga slumped against his sword after he killed the golem, " we.. msut move.. forward," he said with gasping breathes, and he hefted his sword and trugded forward. Arlyana was followed with a worried look.

"let me heal your wounds, you took alot of heavy hits from those things, please Tarrga your going to kill yourself if you contiinue in your condition."

"i am fine, lets keep moving. No Arlyana not another word of it, lets go, we must get across the river, you can heal me when we get to the river." of course this was said between rasping breaths. He continued forward ignoring her continual pleas for him to stop and let her heal him.... he could see the river now...

( ooh cliffhanger, like always. )

The Warden of The North
          The Royal Executioner
          The RiDDLe BoxXx

Comment

of course, Tarrga was not fine, our fair haired barbarian hero was gravely wounded, but much worse had been done to him before- in his mind. As they continued their walk to the river Tarrga breath was becoming shorter and he was beginning to slow. Arlyana almost thought that she could force him to let her heal him... or maybe not, she knew with what ease he had tossed her small elven frame 50ft up a tree trunk, so she didnt try- but she was worried for him, very worried. She had no idea what that vile emission was from those damned golems, but it seemed that it had damaged Tarrga in a brutal way, if she was lucky, he would passout from blood loss before the river and she could heal him while he was unawares. She noticed how close they were to the river and her hope of him collapsing before it were vanquished.

"the river is very close, i think that we should be able to rest for a little bit. i need to get these lovely arrows out of my chest, i apologise for not thanking you for your gifts. i do believe one may have punctured a lung, a lovely gift, i thank you much," and with that Tarrga slumped agaisnt a tree trunk and slide down it, he dropped his sword and heaved the arrows from his chest, blood spurting all over Arlyana, blood gurgled from his mouth and his eyes closed, he fell sideways.

"dont you go and die you IDIOT barbarian, i TOLD you to let me heal you but NOOO your to big and bad... foolish, stupid, brave hearted, headstrong, muscle headed, gallant, wait what am i saying! oh let the Gods help me. i will heal you you brute, and you best not have died already!" with that she set to using most of the potions both Tarrga and she had carried and every single one of her healing spells. he still was not at full health, but his lung was healed, and he no long spit blood. when he awoke Arlyana was standing in front of him, tapping her booted foot with her arms crossed.

"what why are you looking at me like that.... you have the look of a Kragan about to kill an innocent Marrag child. WHAT WHAT WHAT!!!" he stood and noticed that she had his sword leaning against her, the damned thing was almost as big as her.

"oh, nothings wrong at all, lets see, you jsut fought 6 blasted golems, inhaled a hole bunch of strange gas, got shot through the ribs, and oh yes, about an hour ago YOU ALMOST DIED, right where you stand now. but im not mad no, not at all, im not angry in any way that you didnt let me heal you before you stalked off like the hulking baffon you are. now, i want to kick you in the arse for being such a headstrong fool, and pushing yourself to near death. honestly, how in the Nine Hells did you ever become such a great warrior when you dont even know whne your body needs healing or rest? answer that you great baffon."

"well lets see, ive usually got someone to help me with that. you know that before i set out for this adventure i single handedly slaughtered over 400 Kragan archers armed with poison arrows? unfortunately i passed out because i got shot a few times and had a slew of poison in my veins, and when i woke Morothos was sitting beside me and there was some strange extraplanr creature flattened by what i presumed was his great mual. so yeah, hes saved me arse a few times... and we have healers, theyve saved me arse a few times, oh yes, i seem to save peoples lives too.... how many of my soldiers do you think those archers would have taken if i had not risked my life? while they were keen on slaying me, they ignored my men who proceeded into the city to engage the Kragan warriors, yes some of my men died, but if i would have ordered them to scale the walls of the fortress to kill the archers, i seriously doubt ANY of them would have been alive. i do not do this for glory, but for the lives of my people. now, it is not that way with the bloody stone men was it? no, i did not do it to save the lives of my people, but i want to get the bloody hell out of this God forsaken FOREST!!!! ive seen more action in this forest than i saw one that blasted wall! now, if you do not like my tactics, you can say here, because i will not have any maiden, elven, human or what ever tell me how to do combat with a blade, espescially when she uses a bow, not a blade. it doesnt matter to me how old you are, i doubt youve had the training i have with that damned sword what most likely weighs as much as you, and is near as tall. because even though you SHOT ME, you have some serious skill with that bow in your hand, and it took alot more than a few years to master that blood thing. now if we are done this damned conversation i will proceed to get the hell out of this damned forest and see my allies that reside on the other side. if you wish to accompany me, then you can, but DO NOT attempt to lesson me on my ways of battle... or ill carry you out of this forest, okay?"

"truly you brute, is that any way to speak to the woman that has most recently bedded you AND saved your accursed life? i should slap you for that." with that she advanced, dragging his sword and laying at his feet, "now, bend down so i can smack you..."

"no, i think ...." he lifted her up so she could look right in his eyes, " you were saying?"

.... SMACK!....

"thats what i was saying.. but you didnt even move, oh let me down you bloody brute, before i...i..."

"before you what? kiss me? well let me beat you to the punch then," and he pulled her close and kissed her thin elven lips passionately, and she wrapped her legs around his waist. " now, do you still want me to let you down?"

"oh stop showing off and put me down," she let her legs dangle as he gently placed her on the forest floor again.

"so on we go, once we get to the river we can boil some leaves and make a nice tea, and maybe i can find some small game for eats, because im sick of leaves and bugs.. though the mushrooms i am quit fond of."

and so, they made a small camp 20 feet from the river, and Tarrga stripped off his clothing and armour ( leaving on his bracers and amulet ) and brought his sword with him to the riverside for a swim. as he stepped his bare foot into the water the river errupted and a VERY big water elemental struck out at Tarrga, jsut as he shouted a foul curse and grabbed his sword. it is not as easy as one would think to battle a water elemental, under water, holding you breath, and trying to swing one bastard of a greatsword. Tarrga used that strange acid breath that he had used on the nightcrawler and spewed it at the water elemental, while slashing into its watery guts... he managed to climb the riverbank and get onto land while the creature was blinded by his acid breath. Tarrga gasped from breath as Arlyana came running with her bow, naked as well - ready for a swim. the creature errupted from the river and stepped a great watery foot upon the ground and climbed from the river, it was massive, Arylana quickly shot two arrows into the creatures eyes and Tarrga plunged his sword into the things throat. it died thrashing for its life as Tarrga sliced off its head.

"you know, i think you should fight naked more often... its kind of sexy." Tarrga dropped his sword, picked her up- she dropped her dow and quiver- and jumped into the river while holding her.

"thats FREEZING!" she screamed at him when they emerged from the water, as she smacked his shoulders.

"well how do you think i felt when that blasted thing dragged me in? now are we going to enjoy a swim, or wrestle in the water until one of us, proably you, tires?" he asked as he pinched her bottom under the water, of course, getting another smack. after that, the swim was enjoyable. they raced across the river, and Tarrga won, only because of his vast hieght advantage. they frolliced happily for a while in the water, playfully splashing each other.

"im hungry" announced Tarrga, climbing out of the water.

"oh so your just going to leave me in here? you brought me into this river, you best bring me out, come on be a gentleman." she laughed as she teased him, and he dove back into the water, and came up beneath her, carrying her out of the river on his shoulders. she leapt off and let herself dry before putting her clothes on. Tarrga took up his bow, still naked and went for a little hunt. he returned with two rabbits and a deer. he put his clothes on and began to skin the beasts with his hunting knife. when he finished skinning the creatures, he lay the carcasses on the furs and began to hunt for mushrooms, he returned with a very large amount. while Tarrga was hunting and gathering the mushrooms Arlyana had built a fire and a spit roast, the fire was raging by the time he had returned with the mushrooms and she had already began to roast the rabbits and deer.

"ah, perfect," he said upon his return from the mushroom hunt," youve got everything going, would you mind tossing me one of those rabbits though." he said this while munching on some mushrooms, that Arlyana identified as definate items to cause hallucination.

"you know that they havent cooked completely." she said accusingly.

"aye, but im hungry, and im not unaccustomed to eating raw meat, there is usually little time while stalking a human enemy to do such that you have, so please, toss me a rabbit." he said this simply and matter-o-factly.

"fine you blood lusting freak," she tossed him a rabbit, that was definately less than half cooked.

"you know, Morothos called me that on every single campaign hes accompanied me on, and thanks," he sunk his razor sharp teeth into the rabbit and blood dripped from his mouth, he wiped it away and barbarically sunk his teeth into it again, he didnt seem to chew.

as Tarrga ate the raw rabbit and a pile of mushrooms, Arylana cooked her rabbit and ate few of the mushrooms ( the ones that Tarrga picked that did not have any mind altering affects) when the meat was cooked she too kthe otehr rabbit and lef tthe deer for Tarrga to eat, or do whatever with. he stepped to the deer and carved off a large part of the creatures side. when they were finished they proceeded to cross the river, the far side of the forest wsa visible, and many humanoid creatures could be seen taking down trees, Tarrga nor Arlyana could tell if these were human or not, but all the tribes used goblinoid creatures as slaves.

( i have come to a conclusion, and i am not happy with this decision, but i do this for my readers, i have decided that Arlyana will survive, MOST if not all of this adventure, and so i have created a character sheet for her aswell. she will not be gaining any levels as Tarrga does, but i will still post her sheet once a page... so here. http://www.thetangledweb.net/profiler/view.php?id=7602 )

The Warden of The North
            The Royal Executioner
            The RiDDLe BoxXx

Comment

both Tarrga and Arlyana knocked arrows, as they continued walking through to the opposite side of the forest, unsure if the creatures were humans, goblin slaves or released goblins. they would soon get their answer, and they may not like it.

as they crept closer Arlyanas Elven vision showqed to her that these creatures were indeed goblinoids, orc, goblins, bugbears, and other nasty beasts. and they all carried wicked looking axes or swords along with the wood axes that they were using to fell the trees.

"shall we approach them and try to fight our way through these damnable things? im sure i could slash them through nicely. or we could try something... different...." he leaned close to her and whispered in her ear for a long moment, she smiled, giggled and agreed.

there was a booming voice from deep inside the forest, and all the creatures felling trees stopped there work and looked deep to the forest.

"WHY DO YOU CUT DOWN MY BRETHREN. WE HAVE DONE YOU NO HARM. YOU WILL STOP YOUR ADVANCE. YOU WILL LEAVE YOUR WEAPONS. AND THEN YOU WILL RETURN TO WHERE YOU CAME FROM. OR I SHALL BE FORCED TO TAKE ACTION. YOU HAVE KILLED MANY OF MY BROTHERS." it was Tarrgas voice slightly deeper than it really was, but they did not know this. there was an ancient legend among the goblinoids of this region, and they all feared the forest, and the spirit that dwelt within it. for many of them had been cut down for approaching the forest. Tarrga was using this legend to his advantage, he played out the goblinoids, in an attempt to make them flee the forest lines so he and Arlyana could escape the forest without having to slaughter many of them. so far his idea was working. but he itched for battle.

as the creatures heard this voice fear poured into their eyes and souls. they were frightened for their lives, the Spirit of the Forest was comming for them. but they could not abandon their mission, they were going to die either by the Spirit, or by their leader, so it did not matter, standing or turning they would die.

"we must not fear the Spirit. we msut continue our jobs, we will die either way!" shouted the largest orc, in the gruesome vile tongue of his people.

"yesh.. but, if if we die here then we cant do, do the jobs, we... wer should stop and wait.. yes wait for the Spirit to... to look other.. other places in the forest," were the words of a terrified and small goblin.

"You will complete your jobs, or you will die, by my hand, the Spirit, or by Grurrals. you choose." shouted the first orc again.

"it no matter, mesa gonna die a..." he was cut off. literally, the large orc had drawn his blade and severed the small goblins head as he spoke. there was no more resistance, and teh yall began to chop again.

"YOU HAVE NOT DONE AS I HAVE ASKED. I TOLD YOU TO STOP CUTTING THE TREES DOWN. I FEEL ALL THEIR PAIN, FROM EACH AXE SWING. AND I WILL MAKE YOU FEEL WORSE." it was Tarrgas deepened voice again. " IF YOU DO NOT STOP YOU SHALL BE DISPOSED OF."

"Shat up Spirit. we will die if we stop anyways. it doesnt matter, i will fight you til death."

as the orc said this Tarrga sprung from the forest, his sword came crashing down, cutting the orc in half as he finished speaking. Arlyanas arrows sprung forth and caught the legs of a goblin, felling it, two more arrows pinned its arms. as he slew the orc, he was assaulted heavily by many of the creatures, bugbears and orcs mainly, the goblins ran off. His sword swung back and forth, up and down, limbs came off, weapons were smashed, orcs and bugbears died. and Tarrga took little injury. it was a blood bath, and Tarrga was at the centre. its was nasty. he was covered in the black blood of the orcs and bug bears, and she was sure there was his blood mixed with it. she shot arrows into the fray, unknowing if she hit her target, or hit anything at all. then she noticed something that terrified her. there was a troupe of Trolls, Ogres, and Giants streaming from the walled city. four of each. heavily armed and armoured. Tarrga would be torn apart if he didnt kill the smaller creatures quicker. she started casting spells. and the creatures around Tarrga fell, covered in acid, ice, and fire. it was brutal. but she did not expend all her spells. she used ehr arrows aswell, felling many stunned creatures. finally the only living creature around Tarrga was the goblin that Arlyana had pinned to the ground. he let it live, and moved to face the troupe of massive creatures comming for him. he feared nothing.

"Tarrga STOP!!!" she yelled, but he did not hear her, he was in a rage, and he was going to slaughter anything that stood in his way. she had no choice but to chase after him, and thats what she did. As Tarrga came to the troupe of Creatures, the Giants were in the lead, he smashed into one, using all his wieght and force, knocking it backward into three Trolls, who staggered, only to be hit from behind by the ogres and felled, it was a heap of bodies, and limbs.... and alot of vulgar cussing. Tarrga still hads the three giants that were standing to fight, and he swung his sword into the back of an armoured leg, slashing deep into the back of the knee, disabling its movement. he swung around and came down upon the neck of another giant, his sword finding the space between neckguard and helm. then he was hit from behind by the other giant, he rolled and came up with his sword held hard agaisnt the ground as the giant impaled itself running after him. he stood, and nearly caught an arrow in the head as two soared over him and struck the knocked back giant in the eyes. Tarrga moved to strike the disabled giant and was beaten by Arlyanas arrows, thopugh they didnt kill it, he found the niche lef tunder the armpit and slammed his sword hard into it. the giant died.

the pile of flesh in front of him that was 8 bodies begans to rise as the stupid creatures figured out how to untangled themselves. Arlyana shot arrows, hitting arms and legs, as Tarrga hacked and shashed at the pile, not caring what he hit, eventually hed do damage. and he did, his sword cleaved the metal, and were it didnt cleave through the metal, it dented it brutally, causing immense pain. they still rose, only five though, and they were mangled flesh as well as what layed on the ground. they drew their weapons and Tarrga raised his, then the madness came, all five moved as one, they circled him, then attacked. Tarrga leapt backwards, kicking #1 in the face and flipping over him, arrows flew as Tarrga cleared the beasts, none fell. they faced him agian now, in a line. they advanced and Tarrga moved back. then suddenly as they were advancing, Tarrga leapt low along the ground and slashed through as many legs as he could. the total was 5 legs. the only Troll remaining alive fell to the ground and was struck heavily with arrows. it died as an arrows pierced its jugular.

again, out numbered Tarrga took a fighting stance, and prepared for these Ogres to do their worst. they moved and they attacked, always as one, Tarrga took hits from two as he blocked two. Arlyana couldnt get a good shot, so didnt take one, she didnt want to hit Tarrga. she saw his sword, moving methodically, then she saw amassive bloodspray. Tarrga swung his sword as he leapt and daoged another attack, the sword splattered the ogres helmet, his skull exploding under the attack, blood was everywhere. he fell on his side and rolled, commin up to hit another ogre in the shoulder, the blow dented the pauldron, then he was hit very hard off the head with a stone hammer... his skull cracked and blood poured down his face, but it made him look all the more dangerous he stood up and stepped to the ogre that hit him, then changed his direction and shifted his weight and severed the head and arm of the other ogre, using the downforce of the swing to turn and attack the original. his sword glanced off its armguards. then it was struck with several arrows.

"well, wasnt that fun, my head is throbbing, and im covered in guts... why do most my days end up like this at some point? "

"because your a violent barbaric blood lusting freak. thats why." it was arlyana, emerging from her hiding spot in the forest.

"thank you, did that goblin plan work, or did it die? " as he said this the re was a gurgle and a shriek, " looks like its awake, and drowning in blood. lovely."

and with that they questioned the goblin, the results were that they learned the city had been taken when Tarrga had requested military support, the creatures had rushed from the mountain and sacked the city, all that returned were slain or taking captive in their own jails. the leader of the force seemed to be named Gortag, his right hand man, Grurral. they made all decisions, and they were both ruthless leaders, acceoting no failure. though Gortag never dirtied his hands, he left that to Grurral, who seemed to enjoy it.

with the new information Tarrga developed a plan, the leaders were Orcs. orcs valued strength and did have a sense of honour, when it came to battle. Tarrga would challenge the greatest fighter among the army, and duel him, one on one. this is what Tarrga did, it didnt go as he wished. when they sent the goblin back to the city, Tarrga saw him cut down before the gates, they werent gonna let him in. next option, Tarrga wrote a hasty not in charcol and tied it to one of Arlyanas arrows and she fired it at the city, landing beside a guard, they were all orc. surprisingly it looked like the orc could read, as he hurried away and leapt from the walk. a hour later 20 orcs were filing from the gates, Gortag and Grurral in the centre. Tarrg aand Arlyana walked to meet them.

The Warden of The North
              The Royal Executioner
              The RiDDLe BoxXx

Comment

the Orc guards walked in unison, their shields raised and theyre crude swords and axes poised ready to strike, Grurral walked slightly behind his leader, he wore different armour and his sword was well made, it was sheathed, but the hilt glittered with gilt. Gortag carried no blade, but a staff with a jewled skull upon it. that was a bad thing. Gortag was an Orc War Shaman beofre he brought the goblinoids together.

as the group of Orcs made their way to Tarrga he put his sword and bow away, and told Arlyana to do the same. the guards did not lower their weapons. Gortag and Grurral walked from the guard and began the meeting.

"you made a challenge man-thing. you wish to do battle with my best warrior. to the death, for the rights of the city. but me no think thats fair. you will battle all of these guards in one time, then you will single combat Grurral, my Champion." Gortag spoke in a harsh version of the common tongue.

"that was not the challenge i made, will you not honour the original challenge?" of course, it was Tarrga speaking.

"me no like your challenge. me make new. you fight." Gortag was getting angry.

"fine, i shall battle your guards then your Champion, but you will allow me healing between the bouts."

"fine you be healed, you fight now. grrush, grad kullok." and the guards all raised their shields once more and moved to kill. unfortunately, Tarrga was much faster, as the guards were slowed by heavy full plate suits of armour. Tarrga drew his blade and dug into the guards, his greatsword splitting armour and bone alike, cracking shields and slicing through blades, it was a mes sof blood as Tarrga battled 20 Orc Elite Guards, he struck and they struck, it was brutal. as the first Guard fell, the look in Gortags eyes became hostile, Tarrga wasnt supposed to survive this. but he would, his sword moved methodically weaving between shields and swords, cleaving into the weak spots on the armour. Tarrgas leather was nearly in tatters now, he would need new armour before long, but he took no heed, he jsut thought of killing. as he was struck again above the eye, he errupted into a mighty rage, and the Guards stepped back, Tarrgas eyes were ablaze with hate and anger, and his sword seemed to move on its own, hacking and slashiong, Tarrga destroyed the Guards, and as his sword fell upon the final orc, hits helm errupting in a spray of blood, metal and brains, Tarrgas rage died. he stood proud and tall, ready for another fight. still, he bled, there were gashes and bruises. Arlyana quickly healed him, an he prepared for another fight.

" i have met the first of your challenges, let me complete it now." he said as he took his position opposite Grurral, who as already waiting, sword in hand and shield upraised.

"then le tthe duel begin." Gortag said as he stepped back.

it was an awesome sight, two warriors, with amazing ability. Tarrga struck at Grurral, and he blocked, Grurral attacked and he was stopped. the battle raged on, cunning and fast, it was awesome to witness such ability. the men slahsed and kicked at each other for ten minutes before there was bloodshed, Tarrga stepped back and took an enourmous lunging downward strike, thinking to block the attack and strike quickly Grurral raised his shield and Tarrga blade smashed through it, striking heavily on his shoulder, Tarrga used the rebounding force to swing around and catch Grurrals legs, then using the upward swing to bring his blade down hard on Grurrals chest, blood sprayed from his mouth as Tarrgas blade struck. Tarrga stepped back and let him up. it was longsword versus greatsword now, Tarrga swung violently, his blade reahcing side to side, and as Grurral moved to attack Tarrga let his sword come down vulgarly onto Grurrals gauntlet, crushing the bones in the wrist and forearm, forcing Grurral to use his off-hand. Grurral was frantic now, he was not well versed in off hand combat. his attacks were weak at easy to avoid, when he lunged Tarrga swept his legs and landed his sword heavily on his spine, the bone crunching under such power. Grurral was paralyzed.

"i have defeated your Champion. he can no longer battle." Tarrga spoke while wiping blood from his face. Grurrals eyes pleaded with Gortag, they were wet with tears.

"you have not met the challenge. Grurral may not be able to battle but he is still alive. kill him and you have met the challenge." Gortag could not let his best warrior live as a cripple, and Grurral did not want to be a cripple. death was more honourable.

"fine." Tarrga slammed his sword down hard, severing helm and head of Grurral, a smile was still on the lips of Grurrals decapitated head as it rolled clear of the helm. " your challenge is met. now leave the city. and release the men you hold captive.

" i shall release no one, and we will not leave, but i will allow you to walk the city unhindred, and those that hinder you will most llikely fall under your blade, you will not be jailed. you can stay in the city for three days," and they began the walk back to the city.

It was awful, the streets were lined with garbage and bedrolls, old fires still burned in the streets. it was pitiful, this city once thrived, hammers rang on anvils and children ran the streets.

The Warden of The North
                The Royal Executioner
                The RiDDLe BoxXx

Comment

instead, along the streets were goblins, kobolds, orcs, ogres, giants and many a foul creature. the air stunk, like dead flesh and rotten food. and every set of eyes was boring into Tarrga and Arlyana. they did not belong in such a place, they were a human, though massive and barbaric, and a slender elven maiden, but along side them walked their leader, their King. which meant that to harm the newcomers meant a painful death, and it was unsure as to who would bring it, the man carried a massive sword, and a bow and arrows, the elf carried one of the famed elven double bows, but looked ragged as he clothing and armour was made from bark and hides.

"i have been waiting for you," it was the soft speach of a human, in the common tongue used by the barbarians of the plains, but this man was no barbarian, he didnt even look like a tribesman, yet he had been waiting for them? it was strange, and Tarrga didnt like it.

"who, the bloody hell are you?" Tarrga was harsh and to the point, he didnt want to play games with people anymore, he had jsut slaughtered a good number of creatures, and a score of them were well trained elite soldiers. " why are you here, waiting for us in the midst of these foul beasts. many humans have died, but you have not even been scathed, what foul tidings do you bring to us?"

" ah, i see why you despair, fear not friend, i am not in allegiance to these beasts, but i had to wait for you, i knew you would come, i have things that you must be given, and things to tell you. these beasts could not withstand my magic, and so let me roam free, considering i could easily destroy most of them with only a few spells. anyway, you must follow me, i have sheltar ready for you, but i had no idea you had a companion. will you be sharing the be dthat i have made ready for Tarrga or will you require your own partments?" he spoke quickly, but understandably. his voice was almost metalic.

Arlyana looked to Tarrga for an answer to the mans question, " we can share a bed, if she even sleeps, shes an elf man. anyway, you have not told us your name, but you know mine, she is Arlyana, a druid who dwelt in the forest for many years, and saved my arse before i even met her. tell me your name."

" ah, i apologise for not introducing myself. I am Trigal, wizard and wanderer. Morothos told me to await you here, no matter what happened. now we know each others names, let us go onward." he led them through a part of the city that was once forges and fletchers and craftsman of all sorts, from weavers and seamstresses to gold and silver smiths. he finally stopped when he came to a ramshackle building of one story, with a painted blue door, it was covered in carvings.

"please, do not leave unless i am with you, for you will not be able to get back in without serious injury, or possibly death, there are many traps and wards set to prevent those sneaking bastards from killing me in my sleep, or stealing my belongings," he pushed the door open, and to Tarrgas surprise it was definately NOT anything even remotely resembling the outer walls. inside was a elegant, nearly delicate living space, furnished beautifully, and everything sparkled paint, or glittered with silver and gold. Trigal was obviously a very rich man.

"this place is.... " Tarrga was amazed, to amazed to finish his sentence.

"utterly amazing, totally beaqutiful, exuisite, divine, perfect. one of those did you hav ein mind?" Trigal was clearly proud ( and rightly so) of his dwelling.

"yeah," Tarrga shrugged off his bow, and took of his belt, including his sword and quiver, then proceeded to remove his armour.

" you need new garments. and new armour, its sliced to shreds, good thing i have what you need... please Lady, remove your weapons and armour, you hav eno need of them inside my home," he led Tarrga into a room, and Arlyana did Trigals biding and hurried to follow them. she was shocked and amazed at what she saw, as was Tarrga. Trigal had a workshop set up in this room, with weapons, armour, shield, and even belts and boots. he was working enchantments over them. there was a greatsword at the end of the table, it was 7 feet long and the blade a foot wide, and a few inches thick, it had a keen edge and it shimmered in the light, green and red, even black. it looked brutal. Trigal noticed where Tarrgas gaze had struck. " yes, that is for you, unless you want another of these many weapons, be sure to look around, youll find interesting items, jsut please do not take anything from its place, you will get hurt.

and so Tarrga decided to look at the hand weapons, and Arlyana the ranged, there was a large array of weapons, from dirks to automatic loading crossbow, to ransuers and glaives. they peered at the items for a long while, Tarrga urged to lift some of the blades, but resisted as to the mages warning. when finally Trigal had finished his work he turned to Tarrga. "okay, i have enchantments ready for your choosings of items, a weapon, armour, boots, two rings, amd a shield if you wish it. choose as you will.

The Warden of The North
                  The Royal Executioner
                  The RiDDLe BoxXx

Comment

" these weapons are, amazing, Trigal, how did you come by so many well crafted weapons? these are all made by a master blacksmith, he took time and care in making each piece," it was easy to tell by Tarrgas voice that he was surprised, and in utopia being surrounded by so many beautiful pieces of weaponry, they were art.

"yes they are great arent they? he was paid well for his work, and happy to work for me as i am a mage of great power. he did spend much time and yes he cared, and the sack of gold he got made his dwarven face shine." Trigal was still bent over his table, his hands working in mystic passes, though he wasnt speaking word sof power, it looked like he was enchanting a bastard sword, " have you chosen a weapon yet dear friend, the greatsword there is for you. you must still pick some new items." and so it went, Tarrga chose his armour, and a bastard sword. he chose a well crafted suit of Dwarven Plate, enchanted to grant full movement. and a violent looking Bastard sword, imbued with the powers of fire, he took up another bow. Trigal directed his gaze to a pile of belts, and as he tried them on he chose on that made him feel stronger. Before he was even finished Trigal handed him a cloak, it made his feel more agaile, and more confident in himself. " very good, these things will all serve you well, now, my fair lady would you like to pick a couple items from my stock, these items will be given freely as you are assisting Tarrga on his journey." She chose only a set of Druids Vestments, a small ring, which made her feel as if she was harder to hit; and amazingly Trigal had another Elven Double Bow, he said it carried the same enchantment as Tarrgas new longbow. When Trigal saw the ring she had chosen he quickly found another, exactly the same, and gave it to Tarrga, clearly it was some sort of protection item. As she turned from the room Trigal also gave her a set of gloves. "my dear Lady, please i insist you and Tarrga to stay maybe a week or more, I also have aTome for both of you to read, though it is the same Tome it will serve you both well, it will take you about 6 days to read it, i will give you both a copy if you'd like to follow me into my study the house looked small from the outside, and granted it was, but Trigal the learned wizard as he said he was clearly had cast multiple enchantments to enlarge the building inside without changing the outside, his home was very large. when they finally came top the study, Trigal pulled two identical books from a shelf, lined with many tomes and scrolls, and handed one to each of the adventurers. " you must read every word, i guarentee you will not be disappointed, but come along nwo i msut show you your room, Tarrga has a look like hes been in some nasty battle, i noticed the Orc King leave with 20 armed guards and his bloodlusting idiot of a sidekick, but onlyu you two returned with him, i assumed Tarrga had met a nice battle, and im sure he enjoyed every minute of the fight, but now you must rest, the fools that now inhabit the city, will be looking for everychance to try and kill you good friend, as it would bring them into good favour of the king, pelase sleep a while." even the room that Tarrga would be sharing with Arlyana was bigger than the house he lived in amoung the Marrag, it was huge, the bed could have fit comfortably 3 men of his own size, the curtains were blue and tied back with golden strings, the window was facing directly away from the city, aqnother spell he assumed, as the placement of the building would make the true view of a wall of another building. Arlyana stood in awe as well, for she had been living in the Forest for a century or more. Tarrga dropped his new equipment, and sprawled on the bed. " this place is huge, is it not Arlyana. it is wonderous and beautiful."

"yes, it is wonderous, as the gifts Trigal has given us are also, " she leapt into the bed beside Tarrga," do you know how long it has been since ive slept in a bed? along time, i think we should rest," and that was all. Arlyana curled up against Tarrga her head on her chest, as Tarrga laid on his back.

The Warden of The North
                    The Royal Executioner
                    The RiDDLe BoxXx

Comment

( this installment will introduce The Maze of Many Men. here are the monster standings/level of the maze.

LEVEL ONE-

(Traps=None)
                      Hobgoblins
                      Goblins
                      Kobolds
                      Ogre Mages

LEVEL TWO-

(Traps=None)
                      Barbed Devil(Hamatula)
                      Bearded Devil(Barbazu)
                      Chain Devil (Kyton)

LEVEL THREE-

(Traps=Little To None)
                      Bone Devil(Osyluth)
                      Horned Devil (Cornugon)
                      Ice Devil (Gelugon)

LEVEL FOUR-

(Traps=Moderate)
                      Pit Fiend
                      17th lvl Drow Warriors

LEVEL FIVE-

(Traps=Heavy)
                      Dragon-Landwyrm

Tarrga will journey through the maze for the next five installments of my story following this post. )

They awoke to the sound of a bell. Arlyana peer up to see Trigal in the doorway, and heaved the blankets over her body. Tarrga sat up. the sun was high above the city already, which meant Tarrga and Arlyana had slept for as long while. Trigal did not however have a bell, which meant it was a spell that made the noise. "can i help you Trigal?"

"aye, my friend you must get armoured and armed. you have been summoned by the Maze of Many Men. the Maze is found under the city, no one remember when it was built, or who built it. no one claims to know the use for it either, except the orcs. they claim that their god built the tunnels and caverns of the Maze himself, to test his strongest, most gallant warriors. of course, orcs say many things. you must hurry though." then he blinked out of sight, easily to another part of the city.

"it appears that i do not get a days rest. more beast shall fall to my blades. i should bring some healing elixers with me," he rose from bed, and began to dress, eventually pulling his armour on, sheathing his greatsword on his back, and finally pulling his belt on, his hand-and-a-half sword hanging on his left, and healing elixers on the right. Arlyana laid in bed still she was silent as he dressed and readied for battle. She rose and walked toward him, letting the blanket falls as she strode to him, then she leapt onto him, and kissed him deeply, " sorry love, this is jsut to much stoff to take off and put on again," he kissed her and let her down, then turned and strode into the hall, he disappeared as did Trigal.

"took you long enough to get dressed," the wizard snapped at him even before he completely comprehended what had happened.

"nice spell. next time warn me, " was the only reply that Tarrga gave.

"look there," the wizard directed Tarrgas vision to a mound of dirt steadily growing, and burning. "that, is your ride. watch," and Tarrga did, as he watched the demon emerge from the soil, he saw that its flesh seared even the dirt, it burned everything it touched, even its own flesh was charcoal black, and flaking, it even smelled of burnt flesh. "the Maze is ancient, but until pehaps a decade ago there was an actual entrance, the entrance tunnel however was caved in during an earthquake. now the demons bring the warriors forward. look at all the summoned," and again he pointed, to six large stone tablets jutting up from the ground, each large enough to have 100 names on it. and names were definately what adorned the stones, Tarrga spotted his own name on the final and incomplete tablet. he looked at the name above and it was crossed out. he looked at them all again and noticed that many of them were indeed crossed out. Trigal gave him a push, and he stepped towards the demon " go, before it comes to you," was all he said.

Tarrga walked to the demon, and came near face to face with it, except, in the demons posture Tarrga was the taller. The beast snarled and incantation and they were translated pehaps miles underground. Tarrga was surrounded in blackness. However, as the demon began the short incantation, Tarrga had drawn his bastard sword, spoke a word of power and the sword burst into vivid flames. the room leapt into view as did the shimmering door to the chamber. this room was sectioned off from the maze it seemed. he swept the sword lower to the ground, looking to see if any bodies littered it. there were none. there was however a pedestal in the centre of the room, and he was sure it hadnt been there a moment before, he strode to it, holding his bastard sword in a battle stance, yes it lessened the light, but he didnt care.on the pedestal there were two lenses. and a scroll with instructions on how to put them over his eyes. he followed the instructions and when he slide the second lens over his eye, the whole room leapt into view. they were enchanted with the power of darkvision. he spoke another word of power and the flaming sword abruptly stopped burning; he sheathed it. then he drew his much large, heavier meaner greatsword out. he stalked to the door, and flung it open....

The Warden of The North
                      The Royal Executioner
                      The RiDDLe BoxXx

Comment

two goblins jumped in surprise, Tarrga crashed his heavy blade through one skull, then turned and gutted the other. apparently, these things waited day and night for the men that came through the door. there was a skeletal corpse a few feelt away from the two newly slayed goblins, the bone structure was to tall and straight to be goblinoid.

he stepped from the doorway, and a crossbow bolt whizzed past his head, he charged the goblin and it stood in total fear as Tarrga cut it in half. two more bolts clatter against his armour, niether piercing the fine dwarven work. he turned and cut the throats of two rushing goblins, their blades still half sheathed. "this is going to get harder...." as he whispered two kobold mages emerged from darkness 30 feet in front of him, two goblins crawled over the corpses of their fellows, and brandished light crossbows, he opted the mages were more dangerous, and decided to kill them first, he charged at them, and stunned they faltered in their casting, Tarrga brought his knee to ones face, crushing bone, and lopped through the others midsection. unfortunately, this gave the archers the advantage of distance, as he ran he sheathed his greatsword and pulled forth his bastard sword, as he brought the blade down he shouted the word of power and as it struck it burst into flame, the blade sheared deep into the goblins torso and burned horribly, the goblin died before it could issue a scream, so did his partner, stunned by the sudden brightness the goblin dropped his bow and covered his face, Tarrga slashed and the goblins guts spilled from his body. Tarrga sensed that four more creatures were making their way towards him, he rushed at the nearest bringin his offhand down in a bone crunching swipe that tore open one goblins chest, his sword plunged ino anothers eye, and his foot kicked another in the throat, he spun and his claws raked open a goblings face, his sword slashed through the final goblin, and he spun to once more claw the third goblin, his throat spurted blood and he gurgled. Tarrga remembered that he had the innate powered to breath fire and acid, actually, as he recalled he never had been able to do that.... odd. in anycase he spewed forth a line of acid, searing the goblins flesh and instantly killing some, he ran forward behind the lind of acid and plunged his sword into the throats, and bellies of each.

finally the goblins were dead, he had two choices of travel... he took the path in front of him he put out the swords flame, and shethed it, opting that the greatsword would be better as an inital attack. as he stalked, two hobgoblins turned the corner he was creeping towards and without hesitation his greatsword slashed their throats. he stalked to the corner, stopping jsut as 6 crossbow bolts clattered agianst stone. "this way, theys dead, but none thems bolts his no flesh. less kill it." the goblins harsh voice, was harshened by the disgusting language it spoke, and he heard six swords slide from sheaths, he raised hsi greatsword, ready to strike any foe that came to pass. and the foe did, all six of them hurtled themselves past the corner, Tarrga dropped the blade into the skul of one, while kicking at another. one dead five to go. two rushed at him, and his sword, swipped across their throat, headless corpses fell to the ground, Tarrga lashed out with his foot, shattering a goblins windpipe, then his sword dug into flesh again, it took from neck to waist. for some reason, he felt the urge to put his sword away... he did so. and the three goblins attacked, in unison. Tarrga lurched and caught a goblin by the throat, he slammed it into one of its companions with bone crunshing force, the struck goblins head snapped back, so the back of its head was between its shoulder blade, Tarrgas free hand lashed out and ripped the final goblins throat open.

he stalked onward, weaponless save for his talons, teeth and breath. he crept silently as two more hobgoblins came from what was obviously a barrakcs room. he charged at them with intense speed and slahsed both their throats with his razor talons. so far he had sustained no such damage.. but now he knew he would bneed a sword, he drew his bastard sword from its scabbard and walked inot the room, he nearly tripped over a goblin that was comming to see what the commotion was. he ripped its throat out with his off hand. there was a score of goblins up and about, few were armoured, unfortunately there was scores more sleeping, a goblin shrieked and every sleeping head shot up.... there was nearly forty goblins or hobgoblins in the room, and they all reached for weapons. his sword shot out, slashing and lunging, his off hand stuck at throaqts or arms, he ripped them apart and stabbed at them, an onrushing goblin slipped past his arms and he had to kill it with his teeth... the flesh tasted horrid, as did it smell. he roared the word of power that would cover his sword in flame. as it flamed the entire room seemed to stop at the sudden burst of light. and Tarrga used it to his advantage, he slashed with sword and claw intop every beast he could before they fully recovered. a crossbow clanked into his back. time to get to a wall. but he was in the middle of the room now. it didnt matter, they woulndt use crossbows this close. there was to many. theyd use their shortswords. and they did goblins advanced and Tarrga slew them. it was much like what would happen if a gangly militia were to assault a dragon.. the goblins assaults were futile. Tarrga opened his mouth to roar, but instead of words he spewed out a cone of fire, roasting every goblin in its path. he turned from the charred bodies as they fell and took on the fresh assualt that was comming behind him, he slashed and ripped throats. he turned and suddenly, all the goblins were dead. he looked at his chest and noticed that the fine dwarven work didnt have even a single scratch. it was unfortunately, covered in goblins blood.

a stream of hobgoblins emerged from a door Tarrga had not seen, and formed a semi circle two deep in a 10 foot diameter, the door at the centre. kobold mages emerged and cast spells from their hiding spot. this was bad. Tarrga leapt to the side, as the spot he was standed was struck by lightning. crossbows hefted the hobgoblins fired. he noticed that it wasnt the first row of them either. these were trained soldiers. they knew how to fight. unfortunately, Tarrgas next move was totaly unpredictable, he pitched the sword as hard as he could to put it throw two hobgoblins. the circle tightened and two bolts flew at him, they missed. Tarrga roared into rage and dove into the hobgoblins, using his wight to knock them, he slashed and claws and kicked and punched, his hands pulled out throat after throat and his helmeted skull bashed into hobgoblins, he ripped a hole in their line, and they gave up on that tactic, they all flooded to defend the spellcasters. in the middle of the fray, Tarrga was to close to any of the goblins for the spell casters to use high powered spells if it valued the life of its defenders, and cleary these spell casters did. the fell back into the room, and the remaining retainers followed, except the ones Tarrga caught and killed.

he found his sword again, and stalked into the room, bolts flew from everywhere. he doged and blocked them, caught some. all the archers were on perches, and so were the mages. the sword wielders were on his own level. Tarrga leapt upward, catching himself on the wall with his talons and heaved himself towards a spellcaster, none of the hobgoblins shot, in fear of striking the caster. however the kobold, thought it fine to rain acid on Tarrga... it didnt even eat the enchanted armour. he ripped the casters throat out, and leapy high and far to the next perch, where he tore out an archers throat. he heaved the body to knock a second off its perch, the impact caused the creature to pull the trigger, and the bolt plunged into the throat of a spell caster the hobgoblins on ground level threw their swords clumily and hit nothing, well not Tarrga anyway. a bolt glanced off his shoulder. Tarrga bastard sword was in its sheath, and he was uncertain of when he put it there, it didnt matter he didnt need it. he leapt again and knocked a scared hobgoblin from its perch, from the sound, the beast had landed on its crossbow. his eyes searched for more casters or archers.. there was one caster left. he ran along the wall and leapt at the creature... just as Tarrga would have landed on it, its silent incantation complete it translated from vision.... from the room? Tarrga landed hard with his shin agaisn the stone perch, he lunged forward and barely caught himself. he had to kill the hobgoblin swordsmen. and he did.. he leapt upon a horde of them, and tore the with claws. as he worked on his crushed foes, one stalked quitely behind him, as the beast swung Tarrg astood upright, the beast stopped its swing and Tarrgas foot lashed out at its chest, sending it sprawling into the wall. Tarrga Rammed through the final door, and was smashed aside by a magical greatclub. Two ogre mages stood in front of their thrones. they clearly ruled the lesser goblinkin. "you have come farther than any other intruder" .... the kobold mage stood beside and slightly beind the male ogre. " yet you will die, and if not by my hand then by the hands of the other inahbitants of these tunnels." behind the ogre he saw what seemed to be a black shimmering door. he would have to get thru the ogres to get to it, probably need to kill them to open it anyway. he drew his greatsword.

"then lets fight..." he roared and charged the mage, the mage translated to another place in the cavern, but the koblod was not quick enough with his incantation, and Tarrga blade sliced through him at the chest. the Ogre Queen he assumed appeared to be no mage, but a fighter, she hefted an enormous greatclub and just as it would have come down on him, he ducked and rolled, comming up beside the offbalanced ogre, the sword slahsed down and the Ogre Queens head rolled across the floor as he body fell with a loud *thud*. the Ogre King roared in fury and snarled an incantation, fire rained down at Tarrge but he felt nothing. he continued to rush the mage and his sword bit deep into its body. however, it was not a mortal wound, the mage ignored it an roared another incantation. acid splashed over Tarrga uneffectively. his sword bit hard into the Ogres shoulder, he let go of the blade and lunged with his claws as his blade stuck from the beasts shoulder, the blade was deep enough to stay in the ogres shoulder, until it reeled backwards and tripped over a rock. his claws opened the ogres throat, and that was the end. or so he thought, as he pulled his sword from the ogres shoulder, a dozen goblins and hobgoblins poured into the chamber. fortunately, they all brandished their cross bows slung over their shoulders.... he remembered how loud the shriek was, it must have echoed badly, these soldiers looked as if they had run the entire time Tarrga killed. when they saw the blood drenched warrior, some stoppe,d and others enraged charged forward. Tarrga took little notice and put his greatsword away. he turned to meet the onslaught and ripped open throats and tore of heads. his claws gouged deeply into the flesh that the goblins leather failed to protect. with that horde of goblins dead, he closed the door again and piled the bodies behind it, so it wouldnt open. finally he turned to the shimmering black door. he turned the knob....

Tarrga was surrounded in blackness. However, as the demon began the short incantation, Tarrga had drawn his bastard sword, spoke a word of power and the sword burst into vivid flames. the room leapt into view as did the shimmering door to the chamber. this room was sectioned off from the maze it seemed. he swept the sword lower to the ground, looking to see if any bodies littered it. there were none.He spoke another word of power and the flaming sword abruptly stopped burning; he sheathed it. then he drew his much larger, heavier meaner greatsword out. he stalked to the door, and flung it open....

The Warden of The North
                        The Royal Executioner
                        The RiDDLe BoxXx

Comment

instantly, his sword bit into flesh, as claws struck out at him, but fell short, Tarrga had the beast held by the painin enchantment of the weapon. the beast had never felt such pain as Tarrgas blade dug deep into its side, razored edge parting flesh and cleaving bone. then suddenly the blade was gone, replaced by a stream of black blood; as this Hamatulas partner slammed Tarrga to the ground. Tarrga was quick to respond, lashing out immediately with claw and foot, both striking hard against the demon. as Tarrga rose to his feet, he swept his greatsword up and lashed into the first demon again, nearly chopping it in half. The blade swung wide and he used the velocity to smash the blade hard into the other demons chest, knockin it backwards. The first Hamatula came on again, a bleedin wreck, it charged as it seemed to stumble over casting a spell. the spell faltered as blood sprayed from the demons mouth, and Tarrgas blade bit into its throat, it fell to the ground, not dead, but not conscious either. The he felt it, a claw strike to the back of his head ( for he never wore helmets) chunks of his hair ripped out, and hespun, undoubtedly tearing more out, and sunk his greatsword through the demons skull. he stalked down the corridor. as he passed the uncoscious demon he servered its head to make sure it would never rise. Six demons rushed through the corridor towards him. he leapt up the wall and held himself above the demons, as they ran to their fallen comrades, he dropped silently behind them, the first two he slew didnt even know he was there. their skulls slpitting and glaives dropping, the other four turned and found themselfs facing off against a massivly bloody warrior, the gleam of death in his eyes. then they attacked, and they fell. Tarrgas blade weaved between and around the devils glaives. striking flesh more than the polearms. they were spreading out, to strike. he dropped his greatsword and tore his bastard sword from its sheath, screaming the word of power as if it was a battle cry, he came in on the first; the fire seemed not to bother them, but he used it anyway. he was far to close to their comrade for them to attack, and he moved to quickly, weaving between all four assailants, slashing and stabbing, within a few moments, the four Barbazu were dead, and Tarrga was stalking along the corridor again, his greatsword in hsi hands and his bastard sword sheathed. he waled for a long while before encountering another single devil, which he cut down with ease. he heard the rattle of chains from behind a door; but saw that there was more outer corridor to cover first, he trugded along, clearing the perimeter. Bearded or Barbed, the devils fell to the great warrior, clutching wounds or severed limbs, he let none survive. he walked for what seemed like hours, in a twisting turning maze, whose walks he had turned to blood. he entered a large cavern perhaps 300 feet long, 200 wide and 400 high. it was huge. he slowly stalked into the cavern, a chain devil decended in front of him, and the struck at it, his blade sliced cleanly thru the chain, the devils chest was a gaping wound, and tarrga slammed a hand into the wound, ripping the things heart out. he was being surrounded, he could sense it, at least 10 other devils were moving around him, and he knew what chain devils could do, their command over the metalic objects that cover their bodies, it was devastating. he lashed out and was stopped by the cry of a female, a single word. "STOP!" was all she said, in common. Tarrga stopped his blade mere inches from another devils throat, a wound that would have killed it instantly.

"why do you come into our domain and kill us? we protect what we were told to guard, but our numbers are cut through, not many make it this far, but those who do, make it beyond. we do not wish for existance in this hole, but we have no choice." said the devil.

"how do you speak my languaqe? and i do not want to be here, but everything ive met in these tunnels and caverns has tried to kill me, so i fight back, barbed and beared devils, and you, chain devils, though you seem not to want battle," he was confused, but still on his guard. he hear dthe movement of chain, as it unraveled from the body of a devil "TRICKERY!" he screamed as his sword slammed into devils, slashing and cutting them apart, they were no match for Tarrga prowess, as he fought he erupted into a mighty rage, his sword felt lighter and he moved faster. but they came on and came on, soon joined by barbed and beared devils. 'I am a fool, i have doomed myself down here' he thought as his blade moved methodically. he took small hurts now, rarely passing through his defences and his magical armour, even he barbaric ability. then he remembered. he spweded fire and acid, then continued to weave his sword, no devils had died from the flames or acid, but they were confused, and scared now. why did this human have the abilities of dragons? his sword moved gracefully through chains, bones and flesh. and then his rage was gone, as were his enemies, he stood covered in blood, parts of his armour had holes in it, and his body ached, he needed rest. then he saw it; a small door. he trugded thru the massacre, and crashed the door open; more chain devils, he drew his bastard sword dropping his greatsword and slew the fifteen beasts while sustaining little injury. he closed the door, and barricaded it with bodies. he drank an elixir and layed down, to rest for perhaps an hour.

he was awakened by pounding on the door he had barricaded; he was found. he had no idea how many beasts were out there waiting for him. he got ready to use his blreath, and as the corpses and stones from the door sprayed across the room, he leapt into the doorway and spewed his breath, following it with a great swing of his sword. the devil died, he sensed more enemies, and his foot lashed out to shatter a chain devils throat. his sword lashed about, crunching bone and flesh, chain and glaive, then suddenly he was immobile. he was caught in a spell. he let the devils rush at him, then he used his willpower to counteract the spell and the sword cut through 4 sets of legs. again he moved, to fast for a spell caster to get another accurate strike; this was aided by his weaving between opponents, never really letting himself stand to full hieght. his sword was glimmering in blood, his entire body dripping and spraying blood as he moved. he had to get out, suddenly he raged again, his weapon lighter his movement quicker, and his blade always finding a mark. he had to get out. he had to cut his way out. this he did, he carved and slashe duntil nothing remained in his way. he had slain all his attackers, but he was injured, and down to four elixers. he stalked looking for the portal-door. he knew it was near, he could feel itthen he saw it. down a long corridor at the back of a cavern, he knew it would not be a good idea to charge for the door, he took his time, edging slowly checking cracks in the walls for ambushing attackers. he came to the cavern and so far he was clear. the cavern was only twenty feet long, but he had a very bad angle to veiw the room.he decided to rush for the door. as he did this, he ran straight into a barbed devil knocking it over and eventually breaking it neck. three other beasts walked from the darkness. one of each kind of devil he had fought. they sneered, grinned evilly and came at him, the chain devil using its most powerful assault as its chains flew at Tarrga, the glaive he block easily, using the polearm he tripped the barbed deivl and he plunged his greatsword through the bearded devils face. then the chains came, Tarrga batted at them, and broke some, he didnt even realize that one swipe at the chains had actually finished off the barbed devil. he threw down his greatsword and drew his flaming bastard sword, he took a beating while he advanced, but did so anyways, his bastard sword sprung into flames at his command an he slashed into the chain devil, relentlessly slicing it apart. the chains dropped and he knew it was dead. he collected his other sword and walked through the door. Things would not get easier, he was sure. again he was in the black empty room, he slumped agaisnt the wall and fell down it to rest.

The Warden of The North
                          The Royal Executioner
                          The RiDDLe BoxXx

Comment

This room, he swore was familiar, as if he'd been there before. though he could not see any detail, he could see the forms of a skelton and a half rotted corpse still grasping his weapon, which had begun to rot away aswell. He heard scratching at the rooms door, and stood, silently, while drawing his Greatsword. Tarrga knew this level of the Maze would proove more difficult than the last, as it should, for that is how you test a warriors strength.

Clawing at the door. Whatever vile creature or creatures; for he could not be certain if there was one or many, knew he was there, any they were eager to sink, tooth and talon deep into his flesh. he would not let them storm into the room, he would make his stand, right at the door, so he would only have to battle one or two creatures at a time, and thus, he sheathed his Greatsword and drew his bastard sword, for the Greatsword was much to large to be effective in the tight stone frame of the wooden door.

More clawing. Endless clawing. Tarrga stormed at the door, in a dead run, and smashed into it, spraying splinters into the eyes and torso of the Osyluth that stood scraping that the door, the beast was somewhat blinded, and temporarily stunned. So Tarrga took his obvious advantage, and set into the beast gruesomely carving away at the beasts limbs and body, weaving intricatley between the beasts dumbstruck limbs, with speed unmatchable by this struck dumb beast. within seconds the Osyluth had lost its arms and was drowning in a pool of its own black blood, and Tarrga was back in the room. "bloody hell, thats one ugly beastie. why do these things ne'er get prettier?" was all he said to the corpse as he walked over it. this was another enclosed room, Tarrga soon came to realise, with one exit, a small hole in the ceiling of the room, which was at its lowest point 70 feet above Tarrgas head. this was not going to be the ost enjoyable. Tarrga had no way to get out of this room, he could certainly not climb the... yes, yes he could scale the walls, he sheathed his blade and dug his talons deep into the stone. he gouged his way up the wall, creatin g handholds and footholds where needed, his talons tore stone free and his strength, sheer strength latched him onto the wall. the ceiling was nearly flat, and Tarrga had to hold, his body close and flat agains tthe ceiling now, inching and crawling along, using all his strength and skill not to plummet to his death. he rached the hole in the ceiling, and pulled himself along, his hands gripped a ledge, inside the upward tunnel and he heaved himself along and up onto the ledge. Bad idea. the ledge was much colder than the lower room, and the ledge, was actually a small cavern. the home of a Gelugon, before Tarrga had even pulled himself up fully his face was raked at, he was quick enough to manuver out of the way, but had nowhere left to move, and he certainly could not get his bastard sword free. Would this be his end? Would the Infamous Tarrga, legend and demi God to his people, to all peoples of the Barbarian Plains, woudl he die here, at the claws of a devil? after comming so far, in these tunnels opf death, would he jsut become another name with a line through it? No. it could not happen. He wouldnt let it happen, Tarrga called upon his anger and was surged with power and strength, he launched himself up with sheer stregnth in his arms, and landed securely in the cavern, the Gelugon was defiantely surprised. Tarrga didnt even bother to draw his blades, he tore at the beast with talon and teeth, punching, kicking, clawing and biting, all with the severe savagery that one would expect from a dragon. The devil never even got the chance to become a corpse. Tarrga tore it apart so savagely that it barely had the chance to die. One minute it was standing there, stunned at teh blood dripping human that had leapt into its home, the next, it was a spray of blood, bone and guts, splattered all over the walls and floor or the cave. Loot. Tarrgas eye was caught by an iron chest, with no lock, it seemed now, that the Gelugon was protecting it... what would be inside? He stepped closer, and quickly stepped back, the chest may not be locked, but it was trapped. and traps are always dangerous, but he saw no way to get intop the chest without setting off the trap, his choices were, disable the trap, which wouldnt be easy, set it off, or leave the thing alone. Tarrga decided to attempt disabling the trap. He narrowly managed to do so, he lifted the heavy iron lid and inside lay a handful of coins, silvers and coppers, he left them where they were, and a pair of gloves, he examined them more closely and identified them not as simple gloves, but Black Gloves of Blades, they would increase his ability to use his swords, he donned the gloves greatfully - knowing he would need every asset he could accquire to survive. the was also a ring, of thin crystaline metal, a Ring of Power- this ring he also donned, the Ring of Power would make his most devastating hit twice as powerful... his enemies would be splattered. There was one more thing he could use, though he wasnt sure if he would need it, there were climbers cleats, that he could fit onto his boots, he did this. he walked to the furthest wall of the small cave, and there indeed was nothing but wall, his only exit was up the vertical tunnel. He began on his way, the cleats did help, he climbed faster and smoother. he emerged from the vertical tunnel successfully and easily, and was instantly confronted by two Osyluths. Once again, this was another cave, and teh vertical tunnel went onward, seemingly forever. the First Osyluth swung and slashed, and Tarrgas retort came fast and hard in the form of a Great sword, one swing and he nearly chopped the beast in half, as it fell backwards, he kicked it in the face and it plummeted down the tunnel, as he ran to engage the second beast he heard the loud echoed splat, that meant the thing was dead. unfortunately, Tarrga had no idea how far the tunnel went, how many of the caves there were, or if there would ever be a way out of the tunnel. As he leapt into the vertical tunnel again, to begin his ascent, a secret door flung open and devils poured out of it, Osyluth, Gelgon and Cornugon, four of each. Though these devils usually have no love for one another, they seem to have banded together. To kill Tarrga. He drew his Bastard Sword( for the greatsword is much to large for these small caves ), and almost before he knew he was moving he was weaving between his opponents, his blade biting flesh and severing limbs and he moved with an intricate pattern through his assailants. As he slashed with his bastard sword, he struck out also with his off hand, his claws. his fingernails were drippin in flesh of these devils, his blade drenched to the hilt with their blood. The power with which Tarrga could inflict wounds and his immense speed for such a size nearly awed the beasts as he cut through them. He cut away at them with grace, elegance, speed, strength, and power. he was nearly unstoppable. there was only one Gelugon, one Osyluth and two Cornugons remaining, and they were closing as one unit now, simply. Tarrga ran as fast as he could and leapt right up into the tunnel, he ran as much more up the vertical tunnel as he could, perhaps ten more steps. there was only one way to get at him now, and that would mean they would hav eto climb up after him. they did not follow however after what seemed like a few minutes, so Tarrga manuvered so he was head down, and crawled along the tunnel, back to where he left his enemies. when he came to the edge, he drew is bastard sword and secured himself with his free hand and legs, so he could fight, hanging upside down. He would provide a minimal target, and he would be able to defand and fight. the Gelugon spotted him again and rushed at him, catching Tarrgas sword in his left eye, and driving out his skull, Tarrga tore his blade free, and the Gelugon fell down the vertical tunnel. The Osyluth was next to come, with a Cornugon on each side. Tarrga decided that he would sheath his blade for a moment, and reposition himself in the tunnel. when the Osyluth came to the tunnel entrance, he couldnt see Tarrga, so he peered upwards into the tunnel, and indeed saw Tarrga, plummeting straight towards the devils face. Tarrga came out of the tunnel, landing hard on the devils throat, easily crushing it. the devil gurgled blood and choked as it tried to scream and stop its own plummet to death, which came jsut as the devil got one good handhold..... the floor of the second chamber Tarrga had entered. As that beast died Tarrga was still faced with two more. He used the velocity he got from his latest opponet and sprung up, simultaniosly kicking both devils. They stumbled backward and Tarrgas Greasword swept through both knees of both devils. Tarrga severed their heads, also in a single sweep.

The door. they had come through a door. where was the door.

Tarrga walked around the cave in search of the secret door the devisl had come through, and found it within a few minutes of hard searching. He pulled the door open, and stepped through, there was no light in this hallway, for the devils do not need it. he walked the carved hall way, which seemed to be a square with the vertical tunnel in the centre... and stairs? Tarrga spotted a narrow set of stairs, and decided hed try them, it did not look as if any of the devils he had faced so far could even reach into the stairwell. and Tarrga himself had to turn sideways to fit... the only creatures able to use these stairs would be small and tinier creatures. Unfortunately for Tarrga the Stairs became even narrower, and Tarrga could not continue, so he turned back. When he stepped out of the crevas, he was confronted again, by a group of devils, this time they were all shoulder to shoulder, and again there were twelve. The hall was still to narrow to use his greatsword, so he drew his barstard sword and waited. As the demons closed in, Tarrga stood calmly and waited for the first of them to attack. Only the demons were not the first to attack, nor Tarrga the one to be attacked. A Warrior was rushing down the hallway, running right behind the string of arrows he was letting loose, each arrow hit a mark, though none were fatal. Tarrga used the Devils distraction and sprang into action, his bastard sword splitting skulls and severing limbs. The unexpected ally had now tossed down his bow and was advancing steadily, a battle axe in each hand, and the fellow was skilled in such combat. Tarrga began to carve a line to his ally, and his ally to him. More devils joined the battle, rushing from both sides, Tarrga counted 8 more comming from the same way as his newfound ally and a score comming from his way... had his ally been running from the 8 perhaps? oh well. he was standing and fighting now was he not?

"Well met friend," Tarrga heard his ally shout over the shounds of battle.

"Aye, well met mate. DIE DEVIL FEEL THE BITE OF MY BLADES!!!" Tarrga spoke firs,t then shouted as he called upon his anger to pull him through, he was fighting with both his swords, bastard sword in his off hand and greatsword in his other... the great sword seemed to wiegh the same as the bastard sword, and he used it jsut as deftly single handed as double. he and his ally stay back to back, protecting eachother throughout the rush of the devils. his allys battle axes tore flesh and removed limbs, his own blades doing the same, only faster. Tarrga heard his ally howl in pain, as some devil, he was unsure of which since there was a multitude of all three surrounding them, had torn across hischest, ripping off the armour and peeling flesh, Tarrga spun as his ally fell to the ground. Tarrga stepped over him to protect him for the devils and fought them of as best he could, his swords destroying all that got in their way. after several moments opf agonizing battle, the devils were no more than mutilated corpses. Tarrga and his fallen ally in the centre.

"Mate, you were hit hard, mate, you still with me?" Tarrga wasnt sure if he was talking to a corpse or not.

"a-aye." the man splutters blood, from his mouth and the wound in his chest. Tarrga quickly took one of his healing elixirs and poured some over the mans wound, and the rest down his throat. Within a minute the man was rejuvenated and well enough to battle again. " aye mate, im alright now, thank yeh"

"I didnt think that id ever see another human down here. how long has it been since youve seen the surface my friend?" Tarrg aasked, curious, he was sure that all the other who had come down before him had either survived or been destroyed.

"id say, by my count, probably a good 200 years in this cesspit. aye, aye, aye. humans do not live for two hundred years, but down here time doesnt exist. there is no time. all time is now. you will not age a day while you are down here, and you will return to the surface just as you came from it. there is only the one way out, the way which you are goin i presume. i felt your presence as soon as you entered this place. I was brought down here to assist an idiot cartographer map out this place, all of it. our party was attacked, and all but me died.the devils had not destroyed anything we had brought, just killed the weak ones, those who couldnt defend against two or three of them. I killed off all the devils that there were in the camp and found that i was the only survivor fit enough to stand, let alone fight, so i used all that i could find to assist the msot seriously injured first, and then the less injured, myself last. In total, there was 20 of us before the attack, and after the attack there were 7 of use fit to fight. we buried our dead and the others who couldnt walk were carried, we tried to make it back, but found the tunnel collapsed. then we were attacked again, this time by goblins, scores of them, they used crossbows to kill our wounded from a distance while their swordsmen advanced. again i was the only survivor. this time there were no wounded to tend, only myself. i turned from the carnage, and came face to face with who i assume is the master of this place. he told me that i could only go forward, there was never any going back in this timeless world. He adorned me with the best equipment he had and told me that i was to be his eyes and ears in this place, that i could travel through any of its levels to assit or hinder any other persons on theyre way through. i decided that i would act as a guide and help those who came through, if i could find them. every new person that enters i feel enter, i feel die and i feel exit, very few ever leave, aside from death. I can never leave either, unless i die. anyways, these devils have always only seen me as food, so i kill them all i can. Ah! i have told you all this, yet i have excluded my name, how rude of me, i am Keytore." he said, seamlesly, perfectly, as if he had needed to talk, to tell someone of himself, and he probably had, 200 years is a lnog while.

"I am Tarrga, and i wanna get the bloody hell out of this 'cesspit' as you called it, shall you accompany me, or shall you go your own way friend?" Tarrga was calm, but he was urgent too, he didnt wanna be around for long in case more devils were around.

" i will meet you at the top of the verical tunnel. You must know, that there are three most caves set at three more points along the tunnel, none of the other caves have any doors. there are four devils in each cave. they way i am goin you cannot come, and the way you go i cannot, so we shall part until we meet again. If i am not at the tunnels mouth by the time you reach it, assume me dead and continue."

"aye friend, thank you much." and so Tarrga continued oneward, into the vertical tunnel room and up the vertical tunnel, and jsut like Keytore said, there were three more caves, and they all had four devils in them, when Tarrga emerged from the vertical tunnels mouth there was a ring of stone around it and Keytore stood at the mouth of another tunnel. he signaled and Tarrga understood. 12 Stones. 12 Spaces. 12 Devils. Keytore hefted his bow and Tarrga took up his greatsword, now that he had enough space to manuver it properly. as the devils rushed at Tarrga Keytore was sending a streamline opf arrows into the things, and Tarrgas sword moved methodically killing everything in his path. once Tarrga was in the full swing of his metohdical dance of death, Keytore attached a special 'grappling' arrow to a rope and shot it at one of the stones, and attached the other end to the tunnel wall beside him. Then he held on and slid down the rope, comming to Tarrgas side. Tarrga had set in good among the devisl and Keytore did not dare engage for fear of finding death at the hands of a new found friend. Within moments Tarrga had destroyed the devils assailing him.

"now you can leave this level my friend. i can journey with you to the door, but i cannot go through it, i must use again a separeate pass. follow me."

and Tarrga did, and was faced once again with the black, shimmering door. He stepped through it, and was faced again with the dark, undetailed room.

The Warden of The North
                            The Royal Executioner
                            The RiDDLe BoxXx

Comment

blackness... nothing but, even with the lenses he had acquired at the beginning of the maze, he could barely see his arm. let alone the Sword in his hand. The smell of death was stronger here, much stronger and the door to the chamber didn't seem to be as the rest.

*SMASH*

the door exploded in fire as creatures poured in through the blackness, only Tarrgas heightened senses helped him. he leapt over a sword and smashed its wielder beneath his great sword. his sword whirled and he now drew his bastard sword in his off hand, a dangerous setup, but not one that he couldn't cope with. steel met steel and the room echoed as if thousands of warriors had gathered for one battle. His opponents were only five, but they were perfectly trained to do clearly any sort of combat, single combat, or group. these warriors were trained to kill. Unfortunately for these well trained creatures, their opponent wasn't a petty beast, more like a life crushing demon. and that was what Tarrga was trying to do, swords blurring, but still only, the sounds of steel and steel, something should have died by now.

* screeching *

Tarrga Flared up his bastard sword, and the creatures reeled in the blinding light. Tarrga could now see the things eyes were red. red eyed, and they resembled elves, only their skin was black if not darker. the light hurt their eyes. Tarrga sheathed the great sword and gripped the bastard sword with both his hands, the fire scorched as Tarrga cleaved it deeply into the creatures flesh, they began fighting with their eyes closed, Tarrga still had the advantage of course. one of the blinded creatures struck Tarrga, piercing weakly his armour, Tarrga ripped its arm off its body and tore it from loin to throat with the bastard sword.

The sounds of battle must have been heard, because suddenly, the sounds of something large, and toothy could be heard crashing down the stone corridors. and Tarrga still had four of the black elves to kill, his bastard sword claimed another life as he took first the sword arm of another, then its head before it hit the ground. Tarrgas speed for such a large being is incredible and the dark elves respected him... or so he thought, or wanted them to think, or was it that he wanted them to respect him, or that he thought they should respect him because he though so? the battle slapped into Tarrgas head again, though he didn't seem to have missed a beat, and the was another victim not long after, only two of the foul things to destroy now. A hook horror smashed through the doorway, of course, it wouldn't have fit into the room any other way, one of the creatures turned to battle the beast and one stayed to battle Tarrga, who rather quickly dispatched of his single attacker, it turned into a three way duel in a room that was barely big enough for the hugeness of the hook horror. Tarrga crashed his great sword from its sheath in a powerful swipe at the hook horrors leg, which promptly was no longer under the beast. it crashed into the floor, breaking a dent into the stone with its mass, now Tarrga and the elf fought on opposite sides of the hook horror, and Tarrga was smashing cracks into the beasts armour, he finally broke through enough to stab his bastard sword through and come over the beasts corpse to fight the elf, who was caught in a full fledged swing of the great sword, the thing was cut in half.

Now, to actually get on with this level of the maze. Tarrga heard crossbow bolts banking off the raw stone walls, felt them whirr past his ears, but kept running, there were no openings just straight corridor... he thought. then he abruptly hit a wall full speed.

"well, maybe slow would have been better.... " he said quietly to himself.

--sorry guys.... writers block... in the bloody middle of a post...--

The Warden of The North
                              The Royal Executioner
                              The RiDDLe BoxXx

Comment

Working...
                              X