No announcement yet.

What are you playing these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got Octopath Traveler for Christmas. Needless to say, I haven't touched another game since.

Comment

Have you ever played SRPGs like Final Fantasy Tactics and thought, this is cool…but what if it was about the French Revolution instead?

Have I got a game for you! Check out Banner of the Maid. You haven’t lived until you’ve heard Lafayette scream at you in Japanese.

Comment

Currently addicted to Legends: Arceus.

Comment

I assumed a lot of folks were, based on the reviews I've seen.

*Deep Breath*

And now to admit my most secret shame, Drew: I've never played a Pokemon game. Ever. Despite playing pretty much every single other JRPG released in the last 30 years, I've somehow never once done it.

And now you know. haha

Comment

No shame. Lots of people have never played a Pokemon title. If you do play this one, you should know that it plays very differently than the rest of the games do. There's way more focus on the RPG side of things. Personally, I love the changes they've made.

Comment

Sounds right up my alley then!

Comment

Ok, so technically I'm not at home checking the mail, so I don't have it yet...but rest assured that for the foreseeable future, I'll be playing Triangle Strategy.

Comment

Can confirm now: Triangle Strategy is freakin' awesome. Every lover of TTRPGs who owns a Switch ought to snag a copy as soon as is reasonably possible.

Comment

• Drew
                    Drew commented
                    Editing a comment
                    My copy has arrived. I will try to start it today.

• RaistlinMC
                    RaistlinMC commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nice! Enjoy it, bud. I just finished my first run through the game this weekend. Loved every bit of it, even when it gets too wordy for its own good at times. I'll have to do another round of it soon, though, because I didn't get the best or "true" ending due to my choices throughout the story. Have fun, Drew!

As I wait for Diofield Chronicles to come out at the end of the month, I snagged a copy of XCOM 2 on Switch for only five bucks during a recent eShop sale. Man, what a deal! I never played the Enemies Within expansion before and it is fantastic. It's like a whole new game!

Comment

Are you playing Tactics Ogre Reborn yet?

Maybe for the first time, if you're younger than me, or maybe again for the first time in a couple decades, like I am?

Cuz if you're not, you really, really...really should be.

Comment

I am back on Resident Evil 8 again. One year later and they've released a DLC that adds a decent-sized new story that follows the daughter of the original game's protagonist, but also, they went back and reworked the entire original game so that you now have the option to play it in 3rd person, as opposed to 1st person, the way it originally was, so even the original game feels like new. It's insane and I'm having a great time.

Comment

• RaistlinMC
                        RaistlinMC commented
                        Editing a comment
                        3rd person is how Resident Evil is meant to be played. Full stop.

Enjoy Drew!

Sounds like Chained Echoes is one JRPG that I really, really need to get my hands on. The reviews are off the charts for this little indie.

Comment

Is it me or has there been a serious RPG shortage on consoles the last... Years?
                        I'm pretty picky about hat kind of games I play.
                        I played Mass Effect, ME Andromeda (it didn't deserve all the hate), Horizon zero Dawn, Cyberpunk (it too did NOT deserve all the hate) Horizon forbidden west...
                        And that's it for RPG's
                        Yeah yeah, Elden Ring. But I hate Soulsborne games. I don't have the time to git gud so miss me with that.

And what's worse there isn't much to look forward too either...

Comment

I'm with you on Souls-likes, no doubt about it, but I certainly don't find any shortage in stuff to play. I just finished a great little throwback 16 bit-style RPG called Chained Echoes - I highly recommend that one - and am knee-deep in Fire Emblem Engage now.

Comment

I looked up that Chained Echoes on the PS store and found it. PLaying it now. It seems ok. I normally despise Jrpg's but this seems to have stripped the annoying things out of the genre and left it with a more palatable experience.
                            Thanks!

Comment

• RaistlinMC
                              RaistlinMC commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Glad you're liking it! Yeah, I agree that it mostly cuts out the parts of JRPGs that annoy most people (even if I'm not included in that group, admittedly) while keeping enough traditional elements that you never forget what kind of game you're playing. It's obviously deeply influenced by '90s SNES RPGs but it's new and different enough that it never feels like a rehash.

Plus, just wait until you get your flying mech suits! The game really takes off then, pun very much intended.
                          Working...
                          X