No announcement yet.

What are you playing these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't go wrong there either. I spent far too many hours in college trying to ignore my roommate by playing Diablo II! haha :)

Comment

Anyone ever played the Mercenaries Saga games? They are, without a doubt, straight-up carbon-copies of Tactics Ogre and Final Fantasy Tactics-style SRPGs...but damned if they don't do the trick anyway. Sure, there's nothing innovative about them, but they're pretty enough, deep enough and customizable enough to make you forget you're playing a ripoff of an original idea instead of an actual original idea itself.

Not too bad for under twenty bucks, honestly.

Comment

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch was on an 80% off sale this weekend on Switch, so I picked it up. I wasn't expecting much, honestly, despite the good reviews. The art style isn't really my kinda thing and the whole thing looked a little too little-kid-y to me at first glance.

But, man oh man, after a few hours with it, this sucker is impressive! It's gorgeous, for one; the voice acting is pretty top notch overall; the mechanics are tight and deep; and while the story leans toward younger ages, it's really no more immature than your average Dragon Quest story overall. All in all, it's well worth the twelve bucks I spent on it (and probably would be worth the fifty dollar full price too)!

Comment

Ratchet & Clank rift apart!
          Characters:
          - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
          - Sharn Blighter - The Inheritance

Comment

RE Village

Comment

You mean RE VIIIage, yeah? :)

Comment

• RaistlinMC
                RaistlinMC commented
                Editing a comment
                I was just commenting on how bizarrely they decided to play with the Roman numerals for that title. :)

• Drew
                Drew commented
                Editing a comment
                They did it with 7, too. Resident E(VII)_: Biohazard.

• RaistlinMC
                RaistlinMC commented
                Editing a comment
                Because of course they did.

Truth is, no game has ever given me a jump scare the way the very first Resident Evil game did when that dude came crashing through the window right around the start of the game. Scared the bejeezus out of me. :)

currently playing
              Solasta crown of the magister (better gameplay than Baldurs gate 3)
              Mount and Blade warband (modded of course)
              Skyrim (no one ever stops playing modded Skyrim)

Comment

Working...
              X