Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tiger View Post
    I'm playing Outriders on ps5 right now.
    Don't listen to all the vitriol about this game. I'm having fun, and the internet is a bad bad place.
    Interestingly, I've only heard good things about this game. Of course I long stopped paying attention to review sites - they are all acid filled places of Salt. Everyone I know who's actually played it has enjoyed it.
    "Ho there wanderer... Stay thy course a moment to indulge an old man." ~Elminster, BG1, just outside Candlekeep

For Evil to triumph, all good men must do is nothing. The corollary to that proverb is that sometimes evil must be done by honorable men for the greater good to triumph. ~Twilight Warriors

Comment

While I remain obsessed with Battle Brothers on Switch, I've found myself going to an old free games site to play Heroes of Might and Magic II whenever I have my Macbook in hand these days. I love that friggin' game. If I ever get sick of it, I'll play a round of Colonization until my revolution is inevitably crushed by an endless influx of cannons.

Comment

For no reason at all I have been thinking lately about Maximum Carnage for Sega and Marvel Super Heroes War of the Gems for Super Nintendo and wanting very much to play them both.

Comment

Now I really, really want to read the Maximum Carnage saga again. Down to my basement and comics buckets I go... haha

Comment

Amusingly enough, I was actually playing Maximum Carnage on Sega Genesis on stream the other day. Small World.
            "Ho there wanderer... Stay thy course a moment to indulge an old man." ~Elminster, BG1, just outside Candlekeep

For Evil to triumph, all good men must do is nothing. The corollary to that proverb is that sometimes evil must be done by honorable men for the greater good to triumph. ~Twilight Warriors

Comment

Small wonder we all ended up friends! haha

Comment

That chiptune guitar just rocks out so hard. The whole damn game has that grunge sound of the early 90s, the Sega version especially.

Comment

I'll always have a soft spot for SEGA in my heart.

Sure, I loved the SNES more than the Genesis, and sure, I loved the NES more than the Master System, but that doesn't change the fact that there are iconic SEGA games that just absolutely rocked. Their willingness to show videogame gore was obviously a big selling point to me as a kid: Genesis Mortal Kombat was the only true was to play and that ties back into the game discussed above too. Beyond that, sure they had Sonic...but they also had Streets of Rage, Shining Force and Phantasy Star (well, I, II and IV anyway; the less said about Phantasy Star III, the better).

Some damned good franchises came out of that company...and who didn't want to see the blood spouting out of someone's neck after Jax clapped his hands together and smushed his opponent's head?!

Comment

X-com 2 is never far removed from start up.

Comment

Entirely fair. I came to X-COM late, but once I started playing it in my 20s, I was hooked.

Comment

Genesis holds a place in my heart as well. I went from NES to Genesis to PS1 (Only played SNES growing up at my Cousins). Spent a lot of time playing Genesis games.

Earth Worm Jim
                        Heavyweight Champions
                        Zool

Such good memories.

Comment

Earthworm Jim! I forgot about him! Good call. That game was great. Beats the pants off Battletoads.

Comment

EWJ and B-toads. I owned both and loved them equally. And Streets of Rage was mentioned. I was, and still am, a huge fan of that game - the original entry in the series - they're all good but that first one is just so choice. And its 16-bit soundtrack is bangin' even today. I've never told anyone this, but I have a fantasy project where I make a full 4k Ultra HD remake of that game with full 3D characters and hyper-realistic backgrounds but it still plays from a 2D perspective like the original.

Comment

The best part of Streets of Rage was playing with a friend and just sucker punching them in the back of the head. The developers were geniuses; they made a beat-‘em-up that was genuinely as fun to lose as it was to win.

Comment

The only thing I'm playing right now besides D&D is Diablo II (mostly Project D2), as I eagerly await the remaster.

Comment

Working...
                                X