No announcement yet.

What are you playing these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't go wrong there either. I spent far too many hours in college trying to ignore my roommate by playing Diablo II! haha

Comment

Anyone ever played the Mercenaries Saga games? They are, without a doubt, straight-up carbon-copies of Tactics Ogre and Final Fantasy Tactics-style SRPGs...but damned if they don't do the trick anyway. Sure, there's nothing innovative about them, but they're pretty enough, deep enough and customizable enough to make you forget you're playing a ripoff of an original idea instead of an actual original idea itself.

Not too bad for under twenty bucks, honestly.

Comment

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch was on an 80% off sale this weekend on Switch, so I picked it up. I wasn't expecting much, honestly, despite the good reviews. The art style isn't really my kinda thing and the whole thing looked a little too little-kid-y to me at first glance.

But, man oh man, after a few hours with it, this sucker is impressive! It's gorgeous, for one; the voice acting is pretty top notch overall; the mechanics are tight and deep; and while the story leans toward younger ages, it's really no more immature than your average Dragon Quest story overall. All in all, it's well worth the twelve bucks I spent on it (and probably would be worth the fifty dollar full price too)!

Comment

Ratchet & Clank rift apart!

Comment

RE Village

Comment

You mean RE VIIIage, yeah?

Comment

• RaistlinMC
                RaistlinMC commented
                Editing a comment
                I was just commenting on how bizarrely they decided to play with the Roman numerals for that title.

• Drew
                Drew commented
                Editing a comment
                They did it with 7, too. Resident E(VII)_: Biohazard.

• RaistlinMC
                RaistlinMC commented
                Editing a comment
                Because of course they did.

Truth is, no game has ever given me a jump scare the way the very first Resident Evil game did when that dude came crashing through the window right around the start of the game. Scared the bejeezus out of me.

currently playing
              Solasta crown of the magister (better gameplay than Baldurs gate 3)
              Mount and Blade warband (modded of course)
              Skyrim (no one ever stops playing modded Skyrim)

Comment

Kings Bounty II. Sooooo much Kings Bounty II. I waited 30 years for the sequel to that game, so no way I'm not playing that sucker into the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by mormegil View Post
                  currently playing
                  Solasta crown of the magister (better gameplay than Baldurs gate 3)
                  That just went on sale on GoG. I was considering getting it despite being stretched too thin for time.

Comment

OMG. I've been playing Battletech and Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries for a bit now. As you can tell, I'm an old school fanboy that's been playing battletech games since they first came out.

I had the most epic fight yesterday.
                    My lance of mechs was giving it all they had and one of the had been maimed pretty badly in the first part of the mission losing both its arms and all of its weapons so I held it back to save repair costs and not risk the heavily wounded pilot furhter. And then shit hit the fan as an entire second heavy lance bursts out confronting my three battered remaining medium mechs. It was rough and I had no choice to call in the armless wounded mech up to the front to maybe soak up some more shots.
                    Which she did and even kicked a toppled mach in the head finishing it off. But the last bad guy just wouldn't go down. One of my other mechs was blown to bits and the pilot incapacitated and the two others barely held on.
                    So, my badly wounded mechwarrior did what any tough as nails soldier would do. SHe fired her jumpjets and jumped onto the opposing mech in what is called a 'death from above' attack. It smashed her legs and destroyed her mech and she was killed in action from falling to the ground but not before critting the bad guy's mech head and killing him instantly winning the battle.
                    It was awesome and her picture is displayed proudly on the memorial wall of the dropship.

I love battletech.

Comment

Always good to hear you excited about something, Tiger. The enthusiasm is palpable.

Comment

Civ VI was on sale for eight bucks on Switch last week. Eight bucks!

Man...I haven't come up for air (or slept) since.

Comment

The Civ games I've played were generally pretty fun; for awhile. Even heavily modded on PC I eventually just got bored of them. Been wanting to get back into stuff like Outer Worlds and Hades that I've yet to finish, but I can't seem to motivate myself to actually turn them on and play long enough to get invested again. At least next year will have some nice new titles to screw around with for awhile. Halo Infinite, FFXIV Endwalker, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl remakes (which, once you get past the weird choice in overworld art style seem like they're alright)...

Also been slowly working on Diablo 2 - Median XL again. Had to effectively restart after the 2.0 patch invalidated old characters.
                          Active Character(s):
                          D&D
                          Aleisandra - level 6 Dark Elan Soulknife - The Altar of the Sleepless - GM - Zeros

Comment

If we're talking games coming next year, Fae, I've got my eye on Project Triangle. The spiritual successor to Final Fantasy Tactics? Yes please.

Comment

I picked up "For The King" on sale over the weekend and I'm glad I did. It's kinda like a tabletop RPG translated into a JRPG, rolled into one. It's hard to explain but also hard to put down.

Comment

Working...
                              X