No announcement yet.

D20 Based Space game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i was thinking an i figure lvl1 upgrades could be bought for 100,000$, lvl2 700,000 lvl3 2mil. price may vary according to the sails men

or we could cut the bonuses by half so +0.5 for lvl1, +1 for lvl2, +1.5 for lvl3
    and the price would be cut by half as well.

or we could eliminate the left, right choice exp: (a legs upgrade woud be for both legs not one for right and another for left with the bonuses +1srt lvl1, +2 lvl2, +3 lvl3)

for the PC to be able to buy them he must be lvl3 for lvl1 upgrades, lvl9 for lvl2 and lvl15 for lvl3.

i just put 3 solutions for the overpower issue. any other suggestions are always appreciated.
    Last edited by Gryphon; 04-29-2009, 08:37 AM.

Comment

I actually like several of those suggestions. I'm gonna add some of your cybernetics to the front page. All of you are being a great help in making this come together. A lot of things I wouldn't have thought of have been brought up and resolved. Thanks everyone, and keep it up.

Gryphon: You wanted it as a class, now you get the chance. Come up with some details on the class and I'll keep it in.
      Last edited by SoberIrishman; 04-29-2009, 09:35 AM.
      "Behold I have become Death, Destroyer of worlds."
      Originally posted by D&D Basic Rules, Altered by me
      Disclaimer: [Your DM, TTW and] Wizards of the Coast [are] not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, opening hidden coffins, shaking up or mixing unfinished alchemical potions, throwing a stick past a werewolf and yelling "Fetch!", angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, “Are you really sure?”

Comment

ok so hackers need to have hight int and Dex (think of an intelligent rogue) but that does not mean they're pushovers they use guns as a primary weapons can dual wield Blaster pistols, HD d6, BAB +3 when using ranged weapons and -2 when using melee weapons ( that should balance thing out).
        or BAB +2 when using ranged only.
        skills:
        Computer Skills : Int +5
        Decipher Script : Int; Trained Only +5
        Forgery : Int +5
        Gather Information : Cha via the internet so int would be a better score +5
        Gamble : wis
        Knowledge (Spaceship) : Int +5
        Knowledge (Weapons) : Int +5
        Navigation : Int
        Acrobatics : Dex +3
        Stealth : Dex +3
        hand to hand combat : Dex +3

for the hacker class to be essential in a party ii think he should be the only one to have a hight computer skill and forgery.

note: for the attack bonus when using ranged weapons should be Dex cause you can aim at vital organs, for melee naturally it's str.
        Last edited by Gryphon; 04-29-2009, 04:50 PM.

Comment

I made a few changes, but it's in. Looking for a good feat for the class, something that supports their role as computer experts.
          Disclaimer: [Your DM, TTW and] Wizards of the Coast [are] not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, opening hidden coffins, shaking up or mixing unfinished alchemical potions, throwing a stick past a werewolf and yelling "Fetch!", angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, “Are you really sure?”

Comment

In what system is that balanced, Gryphon?

Unless you plan on giving every class +49 points in skills.

And BAB, is a progressively scaled modifier. You never just get a set plus that never changes. It needs to adjust somehow.

Hackers to me, are just Smart people. They shouldnt have the Knowledge of how to use Spaceship weapons automatically. They should have to be trained to how they work. They should be like Luke and suck at firing the guns til he uses the force to help him have skills. Gamble makes no sense for a Smart class. A hacker should know the House wins too often for it to be worth it.

Again, Navigation should be a trained skill for pilots, or someone with a background in space training.

Acrobatics does not make sense for a future hacker. I think you need to get away from the Rogue aspect. More often or not, people will not have the time to learn Acrobatics to the degree the skill would be asking for and the ability to hack. When I think the skill, I think the ability to swing from a horizontal flag pole, flip mid air and land on one foot. Learning to hack properly, and probably enjoying so often that you dont get out often enough, I just dont think Hackers deserve a bump in Acrobatics.

I would see Hackers more as the Future Wizards, and thus a d4, Bad BAB, Poor Fort, Medium Reflex, Good Will save class.

Comment

Hacker Feats

Skilled Technician
              Prereq: Hacker Class
              After years of self-teaching or through formal training you are able to pull more knowledge from your head than previously to use and repair computer systems.

Benefit: +2 Computer Use, +2 Repair (Computer Systems)

Comment

New Class
                Pilots

Skills: Bluff, Diplomacy, Gamble, Gather Info, Insight, Perception, Know (Spaceship), Know (Culture), Navigation, Piloting, Survival

Comment

So I think this is almost finished. I just need to finish up the remaining classes and that should about do for a rough draft.

Comment

Ok, I think this is about wrapped up. What do you guys think?

Comment

I looks solid enough to handle an alfa test, So who's gonna put together a session so we could give it a try.

Comment

My advice is to break up the mentalics into 2 basic kinds with 2 categories for each;

1. Class based - Class based means: There is an actual class that the character takes and is stronger in the ability in the long run.
                        2 feat based - Feat based means they took a feat and gained the ability at some point in their lives.

Category
                        1: Natural talent - Natural Talent: They were born/bred with it.
                        2: Enhanced or created talent - Enhanced: They were part of a program to add it to that particular persons gene's

Power points and actual powers will be higher for Class based than feat based.

Natural Talents can have more Powers. (More generic)
                        Enhanced would have less total powers but have more Bonuses to use (and resist) those powers.
                        Think of the Natural vs Enhanced like Wizard vs Necromancer or Illusionist.

Comment

Combat Classes Progressions

Here's the progression for Shock Trooper, Mercenary, Pirate, and Pilot.

Comment

Psionic Classes Progression

Here's the two psionic classes and some handy charts.

Comment

The Skill Classes Progression

Here's the remaining classes progressions.

Comment

Working...
                              X