Lords of Creation Open Source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lords of Creation Open Source

Having Garner'ed Permisson, This thread with be for the furtherment of the Lords of Creation System.

All Ideas shall be welcome, but not all will be implemented as core. Some may be marked as house rules.

*Saved for Later Use*

Comment

*saved for later use*

Comment

*saved for Later use*

Comment

I am here, ready to help revise the rules.

Comment

Mythlord reporting for duty. I'll help rewrite the rules and playtest.

I DON'T WANT TO SEE THIS GAME DIE. IT SHALL LIVE!!

This is a great idea and i am just sad that we were closing the original. but I help continue making the rules, and if necessary Gm a game or two. But i would prefer to playtest as a character:p

and for my first comment i think we should add to the rules that in the beginning THERE IS NOTHING. Unless the Gm specifies, the only things are the gods/goddesses. And to prevent further confusion, Create Concept should create a new basic concept, unknown by the mortals. So like in our first game, time is happening and affecting the mortals, but the mortals do not know what to call it, or how to measure it. (Not trying to reopen wounds, but to prevent furth arguments like that one)
            Last edited by mythlord; 04-10-2009, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Seems to me what you have here is a nice start to a System but not a complete one. Guess everybody knows that now.

I will be reading it more carefully later on but there needs to be a fair bit of explaination with these rules. Especially in the basics of what you get when you create things. Do the Rules here reflect what was learned/decided in the game that was just run?

This is a good idea for a System but the concept is so big you just cannot shorthand the Rules. The potential game dynamics are insanely complex. This is so big that it really needs a lot of detail.

A.T
              (-)

Comment

To A.T.

These rules are the exact same as the ones we played with. we haven't made any additions to them yet. Cbolt might try to continue the game in the forum, but we still don't know yet. And it is still a very crude ruleset. we will try to make things more clear as we make changes to the rules.

Comment

i think a bit of clarification is needed as to the difference bettween follower population and follower power. For instance, in the Bless and Curse entries, it increases follower population (FP), but in the follower power entry it implies that FP is follower power. I have a feeling they're the same thing, since their concept seems similar.

Also in the DP per week entry, if they are the same thing, then i'd suggest just amending the Follower power entry to have the 1DP/20FP and getting rid of the redundant sentance instead of having the esoteric "number and power of follower". Also, does the 1DP/20FP mean that you get 1DP for each mortal group of worshippers you have at 20FP or the total FP representing your entire worshippers? (Ex: 1 lvl 20 mortal group or 2 lvl 10 mortal groups?)

Also, in the teach populous entry, it talks about advancing to the next follower rank, here also denoted by (FP).

Does the Avatar staying by your side mean its in the astral realm with the god or stays by your side as its still obeying its tennants and sticking by its greater self? Same goes with Exarch.

When does a mortal group advance a Teir? Is it the same as the FP levels for civ powers? Is it a separate measurement all together?
                  Alas, the darkness shineth brightly today!

Archmagi1's Portal of Wonders - Mastermind
                  Arch's Comprehensive PF House Rules Google Doc
                  Maptool Macro Basics: Lesson 1
                  Maptool Macro Basics: Lesson 2
                  Maptool Macro Basics: Lesson 3

Pathfinder Psionics: Psionics Unleashed!

GM'ing: Praetor

Comment

Having followed the game a bit (missed entries the first time around) I think the ability Create Concept needs to be clarified and broken down into several abilities.

In essence, creating the Concept of Unexpectedly Short Fuses (DP 1), Bronze Working (DP 3) and Time (DP 7) are all way out of scale with each-other and their DP cost should reflect this.

Creating Fundamentals of the Universe should be more expensive than Technological Advances which should be expensive than Cultural Quirks

Religious beliefs and practices belong in there somewhere around Technological Advances I imagine.

Comment

CTDrafts

Here is my new version of the rewrite, with a major upgrade from the original rules, the MESC upgrade:

LoC CTDraft v0.23

With Deity Points you have Divine Powers you can perform:

Notes On Powers Descriptions:
                      Cost: The amount of divine points a power cost, and the amount of Acts it uses.
                      Target: Deity, Icon, Populous, or Region.
                      Effect: The effect of the power in gameplay.
                      Roleplaying: Advice or Info on how the Power may be roleplayed in Cycle resolution.

@@@@@@@@@@Edit Line: Still working

<Remaining Rules still Under Construction. No Release Set>

Last edited by cbolttoak; 04-13-2009, 02:19 PM. Reason: Updated to v0.23

Comment

It actually looks pretty good Cbolt. Would you mind helping with the new group i am forming, and probably playtesting those rules along with others?

Comment

Although you haven't quite got that far yet, one things that will need to be reworked is the Population Tier advancement. The way it was set up would take and insanely long time to get a population up to tier 5. The work so far is nice.

Comment

Personally, I think that the interactions between creations, their environment, and other creations should be taken into a much deeper depth. War, for instance, should not be something so simple as quickly spending some DP and some people dieing. We have Curse for that.

When a god creates a race, the god should be able to design it, but the god should also be required to make it conform to a series of stat rules, this way races will become more diverse and less just names.

An example race using a template I just made up off the top of my head:

The Santis:
                            The Santis are a snake-like race, their bodies scaled and thing, with their hooded heads decorated in many colors. Their tail drags along the ground as they move. The Santis procreate rapidly and are fine warriors, but are not as bright as the rest, and are rather clumsy with their hands.
                            Allocation of 12 CP (Creation Points)
                            Reproduction Points: 6
                            Power Points: 4
                            Intelligence: 1
                            Craftsmanship: 1

In this template, reproduction points could be used to determine population and manpower for armies, public works, and other actions that require many creatures to work on it at once.
                            Power represents their natural ability to harm and destroy, useful in war and a few other actions.
                            Intelligence would be their innate ability to create ideas and technology.
                            Craftmanship would be their actual ability to create and would effect what their technology and created buildings.

War should have stats such as the following:
                            MTP:Military Technology Points
                            MP:Man Power
                            Power: A creature's innate ability to harm
                            Equipment: The race's standard equipment and how much it helps in the war.

I did not finish all this as I have a friend over now, but you get the idea.

Comment

Just a thought... If this is the case, should we stat the gods as well?

Comment

Working...
                              X