This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gameplay Structure

I don't impose super-strict time limits on when I expect a post from each player, or how many posts I expect within a certain timeframe, or how much content I expect a post to contain. I don't do these things because I understand that the reason you're here doing Play by Post in the first place is because your life may be busy and your daily schedule may already be tight.

However...

I do ask that you please remember that the other players in this online game are also real people who are all trying to play a game that is supposed to be fun, and it's not very fun when the group constantly has to wait on someone who stalls the game for days. Please remember that and try to show everybody respect by acting like being here really means something to you.

How Posting Will Work During Combat
    No initiative. Good guys always act first. Post in any order you want but that's the order that things will happen. If you disappear for a while for whatever reason and you come back and find that you've missed your turn or someone has already acted for you, you need to be cool with it. Just accept it and try to be there on time next combat round. If you know ahead of time that you're going to have trouble posting because you've got something going on in real life during the combat, be a pal and give us a heads up in the OOC thread and your blessing to go ahead and act for your character right away. You can even pick a specific player to post for your character if you want.

A lot of the time you'll find that, when battles begin, I will go to the trouble of including map images for you via links in the game thread so that you can see exactly where everyone is in the battle. Return this kindness by wording your posts in a way that includes directional movement during these times, such as "I move 3 spaces north and 2 spaces northwest, from M7 to K5, for a total of 30 ft (my full movement)". Or "Move 3N/2NE, ending K5 (30ft)." Either method is fine, or any other way you want to do it, as long as I know the exact path you follow and the total distance used so I have an easier time updating your token for you on my map.

Remember that I use the optional movement rule to have diagonal movement cost 10ft every other square, so it alternates between 5 & 10.

Comment

Help Me Keep the Game FUN
      The number one objective at all times is to have fun. Please never lose sight of that and keep it as your focus throughout the course of this game. Because, after all, that's what this is - a game. It's meant to be played, and play is supposed to be fun. Yes, there has to be structure, but it must remain fun.

I strongly encourage you to contact me through private messages with any little thing that could be improved to make this game a better experience for you. In fact, I insist on it. I want this kind of feedback so that I can get better as a GM. So even if you think it's a silly thing that you don't have the right to be bringing to my attention, please do so anyway. "I'm getting kind of bored, The game's moving too slow, The game's moving too fast, I want to change my character, I regret changing my character, It's been a long time since we had a battle, There's too much fighting and not enough social scenarios, I'd like an opportunity to use this item I found, I'd like a chance to use this skill I have, It feels like it's been forever since we leveled up, etc." Bring it all to me. Honestly, I welcome it. I want to make sure that I'm running the best game that I possibly can for you.

Comment

Working...
      X