No announcement yet.

Literary Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the last two months, I've finally gotten around to reading The Expanse books. I'm just finishing book 6 now and excited to start book 7 because six is where the show ended. That means, pretty darn soon, I'll actually be experiencing the proper end of this story for the first time. Good stuff.

Comment

Who can recommend a book... how should i put this...
      lets see...

Fantasy (obviously)
      Steampunk (the whole deal.. machines, gadgets, victorian era outfits mixed with weird gizmos... tall hats, goggles, vests, corsets, canes & swords.. the whole shebang! )
      Not scared of R rated, as long as it is tasteful and not the point of the story.
      Maybe the story isn't about "the power of love" & "a kiss would raise a dead loved one".
      With well written characters, scenery & dialogs.
      Characters arcs!!!

Ideally a loooong read. A couple of books at least?

Here's hoping..

Comment

That's really specific, K, but hey, at least you know what you want!

How about the Grisha trilogy, starting with Shadow and Bone?

Comment

• Kerilstrasz
          Kerilstrasz commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice.. i ll take a look! Thnx

• RaistlinMC
          RaistlinMC commented
          Editing a comment
          Anytime! There are few things in this world I like doing more than recommending books to people.

Just finished The Priory of the Orange Tree. Good, good stuff! A full blown epic fantasy in an all-new world, somehow condensed down into one single book. I'm a fan!

Comment

So I'm reading the famous classic The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro. I'd heard of it many times, saw the posters for the film, but never got down to reading it until now. And while I admit that I didn't have a clear idea of what it was about, I have read a bunch of Ishiguro's other novels and short stories, so I figured I could kind of guess.

Turns out, I could not.

If you had given me a thousand guesses, not once would I ever have imagined that this story was about a butler telling me about other great butlers and questioning what makes one a good butler. I mean...wow. I was way off. haha

Comment

I'm finishing up Night of the Living Rez (pretty powerful stuff, honestly) and am excited to start the new Stephen King book Holly!

Comment

Working...
            X