Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IC - Dungeon crawl elite.

Game System: D&D 5e
    Game Variant: Homebrew setting with slightly modified monster templates and various effects
    Number of players: 3-5 (depending on interest and quality of applications)
    Starting level: 1
    Starting gold/resources: Nothing! Gear will be given long before needed according to characters' built.
    Assume you own a set of clothes, a backpack, 2 gold worth of adventuring gear plus 5 silver cash.
    Available classes: Sidekick Expert / Spellcaster / Warrior (no multiclass of any kind)
    Available Races: Human, Variant Human
    Character Generation: 25 point by, Max Hp at 1st lvl, roll or take average there after.
    Character background: Skirt length. Assume characters know each other & they are friendly acquittances at worst.

Session 0

This campaign is a pure, dungeoncrawl!

Game involves a lot of problem solving!
    Problems you will most certainly encounter...
    Lack of light,
    Lack of food/water,
    Lack of ammunition,
    Lack of shop points,
    Lack of safe resting points,
    Exposure to elements & exhaustion,
    Encumbrance!

You will encounter monsters!
    These encounters will be hard.
    If you engage full on, you will tpk.
    There will ALWAYS be a way and a choice to flee/circumvent.
    There will always be ways to tip the scales to your favor.
    Hint... use the environment. Use your professions to craft items,
    interact with the battlefield during or before the fight... or after.

You will encounter environmental hazards.
    You will encounter magic based effects (no spoilers).

Most, if not all of the creatures you will find (fight em or not)
    will be slightly altered, minus or plus an ability;
    maybe one of its usual abilities works a bit different, etc.

This site provides all the information you need on the classes mentioned above (under miscellaneous)
    details & uses for tool kits, adventuring gear etc, as well as complete lists of spells & feats.
    All resources available are free game if you qualify.
    UA are only with my approval & whatever is specifically labeled as homebrew is banned.

There will be (at least for episode one, maybe more, maybe not) a DMpc along with you,
    that will NOT engage in combat or assist with anything other than provide useful tips
    whenever she feels like it; but more on that on the prologue, where you ll be presented with the challenge.

Rest assured that, although this game seems, and is, extra hard; i'm not here to try and kill you.
    In my experience, players are more than capable of doing that themselves.

I request at least 1 post per day. Anything less and you get a level of exhaustion.

Questions?

I would be interested in playing this.

Comment

• Kerilstrasz
      Kerilstrasz commented
      Editing a comment
      I am very interested in Dming this ????.
      I m tired of games of "awesome" damage/builts and solving everything through fights.
      Bilbo was a commoner, the kids from Goonies were a mismatched band of teens...
      So many stories of everyday people getting sucked into situations bigger than themselves and only through their will & wits they immerge to the other side stronger, wiser and a better version of themselves.
Working...
X