Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Humans are the xenos to be exterminated in my setting so if we run this I'd need to do a stand alone lol. My fast forward to y5k in my pf hack world was when humanity invades via space ships. If you want to do a shadowrun esque hybrid world with magic and space marines with a few oddball races i am down to draw that up for this purpose. If you want to run USMC fights aliens I can do that too. I won't need an extensive race builder if I do that, just the Xeno you fight, and then build Human. I'm open to either.
    Designing systems on no sleep. Classed games are boring af.

Comment

Oh yeah. Lol. I am good with shadowrun type things or if we go more mundane sci-fi. Probably for the best that way.

Comment

Which would help you test the system easier: a fantasy race, or just humans? If this is a playtest, we should decide what parts we're going to test.

Comment

"Easier" is I just make human and let you guys roll.

A more comprehensive and useful system test would be for me to add in a race builder and things like piloting vehicles and stuff so I don't need to run another playtest just for those things. If you guys want a KISS quicker startup, I can do a barebones "Here's your human race and char creation stuff" and prep my xenos and go much faster sans things like magic, vehicles, race builder and stuff. Up to you guys whichever you want.

If you want a say in system design stuff, that phase is going on here: https://www.thetangledweb.net/forums...0-Magrus-Games where I am still in the brainstorming phase before I move to the sort and edit for playtest phase.

Comment

Are we looking for a hardcore fighting Alien type xenos or a more lighthearted thing here? I could do say alien potheads looking to exterminate the humans to farm up Earth for some ganj or something for a more lowkey type setup? Lemme know.
            Last edited by Magrus; 03-15-2021, 03:27 PM.

Comment

I worry that lighthearted might be the wrong tone for this one.

Comment

Hard nosed alien invaders it is if we go down this path. There's still the option for folks to throw in an alternative if there are interested folks on this website.

Comment

Well, you're building a whole system and not many folks will weigh in, so I say go ahead and run whatever campaign you'd like the best, or whichever one would allow you to obtain the most playtest data out of it.

Comment

Can finally respond. Absolutely I am going to tweak and flavor whatever I run to fit my needs for enjoyment, and wouldn't offer options that I don't enjoy here. The beauty of a general core concept that gets fleshed out and flavored here is I get to ask questions like this to see what players enjoy and work that up in my prep. So if there's stuff that interests folks into this game, let me know and I'll try factoring that in.

Comment

Right, so in 3 minutes on an old member of this sites discord server, I got more people interested in a basic game pitch for a game than I have on this site across nearly a dozen game pitches over the past year. So gl folks I guess trying to make this place work. This is being closed down as making a system for a site that doesn't care is a waste of time.

Comment

I'm going to take off my staff member hat here and talk as just a random shmoe.
                        The following views are my own and have nothing to do with this site as a whole.

You sound arrogant and entitled.
                        Interest checks never get a lot of response, not even on busy sites, and certainly not here where we are trying our best to re-build it after years of neglect.
                        Of course you got more instant gratification on discord. Discord is built for chat. This is a forum, it has a different purpose.
                        Oh sure, there are people that play pbp on discord. I never got them and think that platform is seriously ill suited for it. But that's another matter.
                        However, feel free and try and take your precious heartbreaker there and let me know how much actual dedicated commitment you find to it there. I wouldn't get your hopes up. It's one thing to just chat about something...
                        Also, you're building your heartbreaker. Great. You know why they're called heartbreakers right? Because the chance of anyone caring besides their creators are very very low and they break their creator's hearts.
                        Have you ever thought about why nobody thinks classes are a problem in D&D and Pathfinder?
                        Obviously they're very much not the huge downside you claim them to be.
                        Even if they are there is an abundance of published games that don't use classes. Yet you seem to assume that they don't exist or that you, on your own, can create something better.
                        I'm not saying you can't, but a little humility would suit you.
                        I wish you well in creating your pet system and I hope you see great success with it.

Comment

So I:
                          1: Offered to build a system specifically for hoping to draw players to this site with the goal of including the views of site members in order to have something unique here that cannot be had elsewhere built for and by the community.
                          2: Have offered a number of concepts that just don't get a reply.
                          3: Been a paying member who was excited for this sites refurbishing who even offered to pay for basic services in the hopes of supporting this place.
                          4: Declared I am done with this concept in order to run for folks who are interested in what I am running so those who were interested are aware this is done.
                          4: Injected the reality that this site just is not full of folks who are into gaming and wishing you folks luck with it.

That's arrogant and entitled? Wanting to invest my time with folks who go "Oh look that's cool, tell me more" instead of folks who can't even say "Nice Idea, but I'd rather have X" to see if I am willing to adjust anything, which I have been. Nah, that's just being honest and realistic. There's a limit to everyone's patience and I am freely able to declare that I am moving on from a concept. Thanks for the response though and good luck.

Comment

That's unfortunate, Magrus, and I'm sorry to see you go, but I understand and respect your decision. I hope they are quality over there on Discord and not just quantity. We're still reawakening the place, so maybe check back after some time for a better community response to your posts. Til then, we thank you and wish you the best, good sir.

Comment

Working...
                            X