Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The site uses BB Code? How does that work? What can I do with it?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The site uses BB Code? How does that work? What can I do with it?

Besides the built-in Dice Roller, you can use different code words inside of brackets to create a few other effects. Here they are:

Spoiler
    You can hide text behind a spoiler button that needs to be clicked to reveal the text.
    The code:
    [spoiler]The hidden text.[/spoiler]
    What it will look like:

You can give your spoiler a name, too.
    The code:
    [spoiler=Title]The hidden text.[/spoiler]
    What it will look like:

There is a glitch right now with spoilers where an apostrophe in the name with permanently lock the spoiler shut and no one will be able to open it.
    However, you can use this to your advantage if you actually want to put something in a spoiler and keep others from opening it, because when you Edit your post, you will still be able to see what is inside the spoiler, and if you put rolls in there, you will be able to see what the roll results were.
    If you do need an apostrophe in your spoiler's name and you don't want it locked shut, use the backwards apostrophe character that shares the same key with the tilde character on the keyboard. It's usually to the left of the number 1 on the upper number row of full keyboards.
    The code:
    [spoiler=This one isn't going to open]The hidden text.[/spoiler]
    What it will look like:

The code:
    [spoiler=This one doesn`t use a true apostrophe]The hidden text.[/spoiler]
    What it will look like:

Strikethrough
    Show that you want to disregard text by drawing a horizontal line through it without totally deleting it.
    The code:
    [s]I look around the corner.[/s] I stay hidden.
    What it will look like:
    I look around the corner. I stay hidden.

Fieldset
    Place information inside its own box with a title.
    The code:
    [fieldset=TTW Loves its Members]Without them, we'd be nothing.[/fieldset]
    What it will look like:
    TTW Loves its Members
    Without them, we'd be nothing.

URL
    Turn text into a functioning link.
    The code:
    Yeah, I think I saw a post about it on [url=https://www.thetangledweb.net/]the forum homepage[/url].
    What it will look like:
    Yeah, I think I saw a post about it on the forum homepage.

Noparse
    Display any code without it activating.
    The code:
    I roll [noparse][dice]3d6[/dice][/noparse] and cast [noparse][s]Fireball[/s][/noparse] [noparse][url=https://www.dndbeyond.com/spells/magic-missile]Magic Missile[/url][/noparse].
    What it will look like:
    I roll [dice]3d6[/dice] and cast [s]Fireball[/s] [url=https://www.dndbeyond.com/spells/magic-missile]Magic Missile[/url].

We have a dedicated thread where you are free to take what you've learned here and practice using it as much as you want until you feel like you've got it figured out.
Working...
X