Infested by Bots...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Infested by Bots...

I was looking through the memberlist and noticed thousands of members that have joined, but never posted and never came back to the site. They have the same naming conventions and I have to wonder why would someone do that?

It may be the case that they are profiles created by bots, but you'll notice that our security measures keep them from posting. And we can mass-purge accounts like these with just a couple of clicks and we do so periodically.

Comment

Sounds good!

Originally posted by Drew View Post
      It may be the case that they are profiles created by bots, but you'll notice that our security measures keep them from posting. And we can mass-purge accounts like these with just a couple of clicks and we do so periodically.

Comment

Originally posted by Luopo View Post
        I was looking through the memberlist and noticed thousands of members that have joined, but never posted and never came back to the site. They have the same naming conventions and I have to wonder why would someone do that?
        These have been purged.
        And measures have been put in place to prevent the same from happening again.

Comment

Working...
        X