Website VERY Slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Website VERY Slow

Is the site under DDOS attack or something? It's been getting slower and slower this last week and sometimes times out when trying to load.

No, it's doing fine as far as we can tell. I can't speak for anyone else but the site has been running at normal speed for me all this time.

Comment

Agreed with Drew on this one. I've been checking and using the site daily and I haven't noticed any changes or slowdowns on my end.

Comment

We've learned that issues with the site's speed were traceable back to the host and not the site itself. It should be resolved. Let me know if you're still experiencing it, Luopo.

Comment

I have also been experiencing EXTREMLY slow loading on this site, and this site only no matter what device I use so it's not my internet connection or hardware. It's been going on for at least a week and just seems to be getting worse. Honestly I've been avoiding poking around much on the site recently because it takes forever, but I legit came to this topic to post my own thread on the issue today when I saw Luopo's thread. Not resolved yet, at least for me.

Comment

It definitely comes and goes on a daily basis. Several of my players also experience the lag and it's made posting in my very fast paced game kinda annoying.

Comment

I'm hearing about problems from my players as well now. The speed is variable and sometimes it's perfectly normal, but a lot of the time it's slow and occasionally it is so slow that it's hard to interact with the site at all. Do you think it is something that is more strongly affecting people with free memberships who have to load ads? Or are there a lot of spam accounts jumping in?

Just offering up ideas in case it helps, I'm not a website expert by a long shot so could be neither of these things.

Comment

Yeah, it almost feels like the site is under a DOS attack. Today it timed out for a bit.

Comment

This is being looked into for sure.

Comment

I have been experiencing the slow downs on both my phone and laptop and with completely different wifi services. Everything on my computer is up to date on drivers and web browsers and I typically use firefox for my leisure internet activities.

For the last few days most of the time I get a 503 error and when I check the site on various 'is it down' web services it shows it is down for everyone and not just me.
                    Liam J Black - Whitecliff Watch
                    Yi Hou - Claiming of Fort Gale

Comment

I too, have experienced the 500/503 errors a lot lately.
                      Active Character(s):
                      D&D
                      Aleisandra - level 6 Dark Elan Soulknife - The Altar of the Sleepless - GM - Zeros

Comment

I'm trying to post updates in my games but in the last few days it's been so bad that I only get one update in before it slows down so far that it literally crashes and I can't get back in for hours, if at all that day.

Comment

I haven't experienced slowdowns, per se, so much as "the site is either up, or it's not".
                          Active Character(s):
                          D&D
                          Aleisandra - level 6 Dark Elan Soulknife - The Altar of the Sleepless - GM - Zeros

Comment

So our hosting service was having some issues but they say that everything should be resolved now.

Comment

Working...
                            X