Search Function

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search Function

Never seems to work for me, like 99% of the time. Does it not search posts prior to the change over to the new website?

I just tested it using several different keywords from my own game's past so that I was ale to kind of already know what to expect as far as search results. I picked keywords both from before and after the changeover. I does indeed seem to have trouble pulling up posts from prior to the migration, perhaps because all of that info was merely imported and was technically never actually posted to this new version of the site.

Comment

Is the Search function down? I just can't seem to find anything, even the new stuff since the changeover.

Comment

No record of it being down. Is it still not working for you?

Comment

Correct, nothing seems to work.

Originally posted by Drew View Post
          No record of it being down. Is it still not working for you?

Comment

Some of the other Staff tried to replicate the problem and were unable to. Is it still happening? If so, can you give me your exact scenario so that we can do exactly what you did? Send the info via PM if you need to.

Comment

So here is a pic of my searches. One is for a word about 16 hours old, the other is from the end of June this year and the last pic is what I receive everytime.
              new1.png
              old1.png
              search1.png
              search2.png
              search3.png
              search4.png
              search result.png

Comment

Still not getting any search results.

Comment

We're still looking for the source of the problem.

Comment

Sounds good. My other players are affected by it too.... I had my son make a non-paying account to see it was associated with paid memberships, but still no search results.

Comment

Testing the first search, found the post here
                      Testing on a PC, also works
                      Testing the second search on PC, found the post here
                      I'll try to replicate the problem with an ordinary account

Comment

Welp, it's still not working for me. I've used Opera, Chrome, and Firefox. Turned off all ad-blockers and pop-up blockers and still no joy. Is it possibly my account has a flag on it somewhere?

ETA: tried Safari on my iPhone IOS 14+ and it didn't work there either.
                        Last edited by Luopo; 02-16-2022, 08:23 PM.

Comment

I'm not sure. I know it's taking a while but we are still testing it and working on it.

Comment

Still no search function for myself and some of my players. With such a large, verbose game such as mine, it's a pain not to have it :(

Comment

This is still going on? I thought we had fixed it. Reach out via PM to elan. I created a test account a while back for us Staff to use and experience everything as if we were a normal user of the site. elan will need as much info as you can provide so that he can try to recreate the conditions exactly.

Comment

Working...
                              X