Archive a Campaign?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Archive a Campaign?

Hello, I started up a campaign that I no longer intend to run. Never fear, I'll replace it with a different one.

Is there an option to archive an existing campaign?

No, not at present.

Comment

But if I know Tiger, that means it's probably added to the endless list of planned and hoped for improvements down the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Raistlinmc View Post
        But if I know Tiger, that means it's probably added to the endless list of planned and hoped for improvements down the line.
        I definitely know how that goes!

Comment

When you say "archive" what exactly do you mean, Cai? Just curious.
          "Ho there wanderer... Stay thy course a moment to indulge an old man." ~Elminster, BG1, just outside Candlekeep

For Evil to triumph, all good men must do is nothing. The corollary to that proverb is that sometimes evil must be done by honorable men for the greater good to triumph. ~Twilight Warriors

Comment

Originally posted by Blackfox42 View Post
            When you say "archive" what exactly do you mean, Cai? Just curious.
            I guess archive would mean to remove from the list of active campaigns, but in some kind of recoverable state. Although in this particular case delete would be just as good.

Comment

Deleting and/or editing your own campaigns is something users can do themselves.
              Just follow these steps as outlined below:
              First you go
              2021-05-21 (2).png
              followed by
              2021-05-21 (3).png

Comment

As for Archiving, inactive campaigns will get removed after a certain time frame (though I don't know what that is off the top of my head, I will find out and get back with you).
                "Ho there wanderer... Stay thy course a moment to indulge an old man." ~Elminster, BG1, just outside Candlekeep

For Evil to triumph, all good men must do is nothing. The corollary to that proverb is that sometimes evil must be done by honorable men for the greater good to triumph. ~Twilight Warriors

Comment

Originally posted by Blackfox42 View Post
                  As for Archiving, inactive campaigns will get removed after a certain time frame (though I don't know what that is off the top of my head, I will find out and get back with you).
                  90 days of inactivity.

Comment

Doh, completely missed that delete button. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by cailano View Post
                      Doh, completely missed that delete button. Thanks!
                      It happens. haha.

And now that we have announced our new Paid Membership, I'd like to add that Gold Web Spinners (Paid users), among their other benefits, have no limit on the number of open campaigns they can have at one time. So if they would like to "archive" one of their games for later usage or reference, they will be able to do so without worry that it will be mistakenly deleted!

Comment

Already subscribed!

Comment

Thank you for your business and trust, Cai! It's really great seeing you back around TTW these days and, honestly, to have you be one of our first subscribers is a big compliment. You're the best, bud.

Comment

Are they deleted? Or marked somehow? I've been perusing the games and finding a lot of inactive campaigns dating back to 2020 and before. It would be great to have an Active Campaign area somewhere.

Originally posted by Tiger View Post
                            90 days of inactivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Luopo View Post
                              Are they deleted? Or marked somehow? I've been perusing the games and finding a lot of inactive campaigns dating back to 2020 and before. It would be great to have an Active Campaign area somewhere.
                              Yes.
                              You can choose to sort campaigns by activity making the non-active campaigns display lower than active ones.
                              There is no real reason why anyone should be easily going through campaigns that are not recruiting or they are not active in. It is still possible for lurking if the campaign settings allow non-members to enter though.
                              Inactive campaigns are deleted after 90 days of inactivity. However, this is NOT the case for campaigns owned by paying (gold) members. This includes the site owners. Campaigns for those users are kept indefinitely, or until the owners themselves delete them.
                              Last edited by Tiger; 06-03-2021, 02:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X