No announcement yet.

What are you watching these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have much greater willpower than I do, my friend. Spending a month and a half studiously avoiding all corners of the internet to avoid spoilers sounds exhausting to me.

Comment

Its not as hard as you might think. I still don't have Disney+ and still haven't had WandaVision spoiled for me. It helps that I don't get around the internet much these days outside of here and gaming. lol
      "Ho there wanderer... Stay thy course a moment to indulge an old man." ~Elminster, BG1, just outside Candlekeep

For Evil to triumph, all good men must do is nothing. The corollary to that proverb is that sometimes evil must be done by honorable men for the greater good to triumph. ~Twilight Warriors

Comment

See, as the guy running the Twitter account for TTW, that sort of head-in-the-sand move just doesn't work for me these days, my friend. Haha

But hey, if you can make it work, good for you, Fox!

Comment

Even if someone held you down and explained every episode to you, spoiling everything in the entire series, you should still watch it after that just to see for yourself the awesome stuff that asshole just told you about.

Comment

I've decided to actually use my HBOMax account for what it's hyped for over the last couple of days: blockbusters currently in theaters that I'm definitely not going to see in theaters. Last night, it was Mortal Kombat; today, it's Godzilla vs. Kong.

And I gotta tell ya: Mortal Kombat - despite being obviously preposterous - was shockingly fun. Plus, I'll never look at a sombrero-style hat the same way ever again. haha

Comment

Hopefully you've seen the Godzilla and Kong movies that precede this one already. If so, G vs K is a great entry in the series. They made all the right choices, as far as I'm concerned.

MK. What can I say? In the time that has passed since the original movie (and its wonderfully awful sequel), the source material did a lot of growing and changing. Improving. Maturing. It started being taken totally seriously. It was just a matter of time before there was an attempt at a more serious movie. How the more serious movie is the one where the people have actual superpowers, well, I'll never know how they pulled that off. But it was good, and ambitiously gets right to work setting itself up as a franchise series.

Comment

I have not seen the other Godzilla or Kong movies, so I'm comically lost...but it's still fun. I'd do the work to catch up, but HBOMax warned me I only have four more days until they take the new movie away, so I'm going out of order and saying the hell with it. haha

As for Mortal Kombat, yeah, I'm amazed they pulled it off with the balance of gravitas and preposterousness that they did. All those character introductions, all that backstory, all that lore...and yet they still included my very favorite fatality (that hat...that glorious hat). Not a bad way to spend two hours.

Comment

I just binged Sahdow and Bone on Netflix and it wasn't bad. I was expecting Star Trek: Discovery levels of awful but it surprised me.
                  One thing that irked me is the classic movie mistake they make: IF YOU WANT SOMEONE DEAD YOU DO IT DIRECTLY YOURSELF AND YOU DO IT DEFINITIVELY! Like shoot the bad guy in the head, twice. Not just leave his past to take care of him as darkness envelops him and just assume that's the end of him. It's usually the bad guys that make this mistake (I'm looking at you Bond villains) but this was sooooo predictable it annoyed me to no end.
                  Also, don't try and force a redemption arc upon me of the witch hunter that is already responsible for lord knows how many murders... I don't care how yummy he is, he's still and will always stay a murderer.
                  Other than that it was actually good filled with genuinely cool chars.

Comment

I wanna give that a shot! I just started The Nevers on HBO (witches/steampunk/fantasy/19th century London) which I can't tell if I like yet or not, but Shadow and Bone has been on my radar for bit now, so I may have to check it out!

Comment

Castlevania season 4 is out.

Castlevania season 4 is out!

And they added in Malcolm freakin' McDowell this time around! Huzzah!

Comment

Wait, did I miss a third season?

Comment

Oh, you lucky bastard! That's the one where Bill Nighy joins! That means you have two to watch (and honestly, 3rd season might be my favorite one).

Comment

Yeah, I didn't even know they kept going after the second season. I'd better go check it out.

Comment

You’re about to be so damned happy you checked this thread, my friend. Enjoy Bill Nighy, Malcolm McDowell and the whole crew!

Comment

In all honesty, I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep watching Castlevania after season 3's...lackluster performance. My friend was watching it when I visited the other day though, and the fight scenes and banter between Sypha and Trevor is still hilarious. So, if for no other reason, it may be worth it for that.

In other media-related news, I recently watched the Demon Slayer movie, Mugen Train. The series itself was already great, but the movie was incredible minus a few nitpicks.
                                Active Character(s):
                                D&D
                                Aleisandra - level 6 Dark Elan Soulknife - The Altar of the Sleepless - GM - Zeros

Comment

Working...
                                X