Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hero System's Fantasy Hero 101

Hello Everyone,

I have been mulling the idea of running a one-shot game of Fantasy Hero, Hero System's Fantasy-themed game as a system introduction.

Hero System is a complex game, crunchy as heck, and quite tactical. It's scale is more personal, due to the details of the system, and hence quite unlike D&D. The fantasy element is still there, of course, as are all the typical tropes, ideas, and monsters.

Because of the complexity of creating a character for anyone not familiar with the system, I will have several write-ups ready to go from among the typical variety of things you see in fantasy: warrior, ranger, rogue, wizard, priest.

The game would be of smaller in scale: village travel and small enemies. This should be enough to get your feet wet and get a feel for the system and its distinctiveness.

Unlike D&D, Hero System is point-buy, where you pick and choose your skills and abilities. There are no levels in this system, and you can mix and match traits, skills, spells, and talents in any way you want.

Finally, I am relatively new to this website, so I will probably be needing your help in managing character writeup and all the other tools this site has to offer. Push comes to shove, I'll keep details on external servers, like images, character sheets, and maps, all available through links.

Hope to see you here. =)

Last edited by MrKinister; 03-20-2022, 01:17 PM.
Working...
X