Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [PATHFINDER 2e] Trial

Default [PATHFINDER 2e] Trial

309-3095743_dark-souls-bonfire-decal-high-glossy-premium-3.png
    Trial
    “On occasion, a mortal cannot be assigned to any plane of the afterlife. The gods send these souls to Trial.” — Epistan historian, name forgotten.

I am seeking four players for a Pathfinder 2e game. You will journey through Trial, a plane overtly shaped by virtue and vice. Every inhabitant of Trial begins life in the First Hall as an adult with a blank soul, devoid of any character or memories. Trial is a second chance at life; however, it is also your last chance. You must journey through realms of virtue or vice to prepare yourself for your second judgment.

What system will we use?
    Pathfinder 2e. I am happy to assist anyone unfamiliar with the system.

What medium will we use?
    Play-by-post.

How often do I have to post?
    At least every other day IF you are prompted (ex: your character is asked a question, it is your turn in combat, etc…) If we are waiting for you for more than 48 hours, I will move the game forward somehow (ex: NPC your response, skip your turn, etc…) Repeated or prolonged silences may result in removal from the game.

Are there any house rules?
    Please see below for character creation!
    Please guard against longer posts. Many players (and myself) will often check in on the game when tired from real life, especially during the work/school-week. Keeping posts shorter on average reduces how much energy and time is required to keep current and to respond appropriately.

Which sources can I use?
    Pathfinder 2e does not have a substantial amount of source material (yet). I’m happy with anything appearing on the Archive of Nethys 2e database (https://2e.aonprd.com/). If you find something not appearing on the database, please run it by me first.

Are there any restrictions?
    No jerks.
    The game is intended to be PG-13 at most. Players are also expected to remain PG-13 at most.

How do I apply?
    Read through the Prologue and then answer the prompts below! This will help you create the basis for a character without a backstory. For character sheets, please use Mythweavers.

To create your character, please answer the following:
    What did you say? (This is your name.)

What sort of garb did you grab? (Select an ancestry and, if you would like, a gender identity.)

What restful scene attracted your attention? (This replaces your Background. Choose two free ability boosts. You become Trained in a skill of your choice. You gain a skill feat for which you meet the prerequisites.)

What artifact did you try to wield? (Select a class and determine a “class path” if your class asks for one.)

To finish creating your character, follow the instructions on your class page for a level one character! Please skip selecting starting equipment.

PF2 ability score guide:

Last edited by Boethius; 07-05-2020 at 10:56 PM.

Interested

Will edit this post with more details as I read/learn more about character creation

EDIT:
    To create your character, please answer the following:
    What did you say? (Thaniel Essex)

What sort of garb did you grab? (Human Male - +2 Str and Con)

What restful scene attracted your attention? (+2 Dex and Con. Training in Stealth. Cat Fall (feat) )

What artifact did you try to wield? (Ranger - +2 Dex. Hunted Shot (ranger feat) )

To finish creating your character, follow the instructions on your class page for a level one character! (+2 Str, Dex, Con, and Wis).Please skip selecting starting equipment.
    Thaniel Essex, Human Ranger
    Last edited by ArchDruidCrea; 07-06-2020 at 03:10 AM. Reason: So far
    Chartacters info
    Alberich Daerdahk Goblinbane, Dwarven Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by ArchDruidCrea View Post
    Interested

Will edit this post with more details as I read/learn more about character creation

[roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [roll5]
    Nice rolls! However, Pathfinder 2e uses a different system for ability scores. I suppose it would be best if I posted them; my apologies! I will add them to the original post. Thankfully, you will end up with similar stats to what you've rolled.

Edited previous post
    Chartacters info

Edited previous post
    Looks good so far!

You still get an Ancestry feat, a heritage, and a hunter's edge ability!

Good luck with this one, all! I'm very interested to see how PF 2e plays. It's also awesome to see more games getting posted for recruitment around here.

Happy gaming, folks! I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Boethius View Post
    Looks good so far!

You still get an Ancestry feat, a heritage, and a hunter's edge ability!
    Ancestry feat: Cooperative Nature
    Heritage: Versatile - Battle Medicine
    Hunter's Edge: Precision

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlinmc View Post
    Good luck with this one, all! I'm very interested to see how PF 2e plays. It's also awesome to see more games getting posted for recruitment around here.

Would be easier to keep an eye on, if you could join :P
    Last edited by ArchDruidCrea; 07-09-2020 at 03:54 AM.
    Chartacters info

Blog Entries

What did you say?
    Six

What sort of garb did you grab?
    Practical and sturdy yet loose to facilitate ease of movement with flashy colors. (Elf)

What restful scene attracted your attention?
    Standing tired and victorious to the adoration of crowds all around; the back straight and head held high laughing loudly and mocking those that lost.

What artifact did you try to wield?
    A worn jewel encrusted bone crown. (Barbarian)

Character sheet: SIX
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Six - Trial

Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

Hi all! My work week got shifted, but I'm still checking in. I work the earlier shift today, so I'll be trying to review everything tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlinmc View Post

Thank you! If you'd like to join us, you are welcome!
    Ancestry feat: Cooperative Nature
    Heritage: Versatile - Battle Medicine
    Hunter's Edge: Precision

Would be easier to keep an eye on, if you could join :P
    Looking good! If you want to flesh out your answers to the character creation questions, please feel welcome to do so!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    What did you say?
    Six

What sort of garb did you grab?
    Practical and sturdy yet loose to facilitate ease of movement with flashy colors. (Elf)

What restful scene attracted your attention?
    Standing tired and victorious to the adoration of crowds all around; the back straight and head held high laughing loudly and mocking those that lost.

What artifact did you try to wield?
    A worn jewel encrusted bone crown. (Barbarian)

Character sheet: SIX
    I appreciate the descriptions! You still get a skill feat and trained proficiency in one more skill!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast