Thread: Coming Home

Default Coming Home

Hello Tangled Web!

It's been a long time but I'm back. Hi, my name is Cailano, call me Cai. I'm a long-time RPG addict with a particular fondness for the role of Game Master. I've been playing D&D and its derivatives for over thirty years and I've been running PbP games for about seven or eight years now. I started my first big PbP campaign right here on TTW and I've got a campaign I've been running on another site since 2013. That group has kept the same core of four players that entire time and I count them among my better friends, either online or off.

Some of you may remember me from my old GMing column I used to write here, back in the day.

So, this feels a bit like coming home to me. I'm pretty excited about it.

What's drawing me back is a bunch of awesome changes that are going on with this site. There is already a solid community of gamers here but, well, not that many new games. I want to help change that.

Look for me in the recruiting section! My first order of business is going to be to start up a new game.

Once that is rolling, watch for my GM Advice articles over in the Academy (I assume.) Helping other people run awesome games is something I am WAY too nerdy about.

Roll initiative!
    Want to be a Game Master? Training and Tips at The D Academy

In retrospect, Marcy probably did the right thing. After all, she did let Black Leaf die.

Blog Entries

Welcome Home, Cai.

What else can I say? It's good to have you back - though I (dont think?? maybe once?) have never had the pleasure of gaming with you, Ra talks about enough, that I certainly feel like I have. Haha.

I look forward to your GM advice articles (Yes, in the Academy), and appreciate you putting the effort into helping us get discussions back up and going around here.

The place certainly feels better with you back!

~Fox
    "Ho there wanderer... Stay thy course a moment to indulge an old man." ~Elminster, BG1, just outside Candlekeep

For Evil to triumph, all good men must do is nothing. The corollary to that proverb is that sometimes evil must be done by honorable men for the greater good to triumph. ~Twilight Warriors

Thanks, Blackfox. Feel free to jump in on a game!

In retrospect, Marcy probably did the right thing. After all, she did let Black Leaf die.

Somewhere between reality and my own fantasy

Welcome back to TTW Cai. We're glad to have you back.
    "Behold I have become Death, Destroyer of worlds."
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Basic Rules, Altered by me
    Disclaimer: [Your DM, TTW and] Wizards of the Coast [are] not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, opening hidden coffins, shaking up or mixing unfinished alchemical potions, throwing a stick past a werewolf and yelling "Fetch!", angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, “Are you really sure?”
    "To most men, asking hideous old women for sex advice is like asking the tarrasque for a breath mint."
    Do you dare challenge my Brute?

Yes indeed! Good to see you back, my friend.

And uhhh, just throwing this out there: you and Fox do realize you're both playing in a game together right now, right? Fracture's nightmare fest with the creepy kids? Ring any bells? haha

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlinmc View Post

And uhhh, just throwing this out there: you and Fox do realize you're both playing in a game together right now, right? Fracture's nightmare fest with the creepy kids? Ring any bells? haha
    Smartass.

I guess I meant that I haven't played in a game he's GMing - Only heard good things.
    "Ho there wanderer... Stay thy course a moment to indulge an old man." ~Elminster, BG1, just outside Candlekeep

For Evil to triumph, all good men must do is nothing. The corollary to that proverb is that sometimes evil must be done by honorable men for the greater good to triumph. ~Twilight Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlinmc View Post

Don't worry Blackfox I knew what you meant.

Haha, well, in all seriousness, if you get the chance to have Cai as a GM Fox, jump on it. It'll have been worth the wait, I assure you.