Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worldly Talk 2.0

Default Worldly Talk 2.0

I'm shamelessly stealing this thread's title from a fellow PbP site that decided having members talk in depth about politics, religion and other controversial topics was a bad idea.

I tend to disagree.

As long as we can treat each other with respect, open-mindedness and empathy, I think we ought to be able to talk about pretty much whatever we darn well please.

This is the spot to do that. I won't lie: I'll be monitoring this thread, especially if activity picks up on it. I hope to have a lively, sometimes difficult discussion here, but that can only happen if we all follow the same rules and stick to the respect-always motto.

With that said: what's on your mind lately?

Somewhere between reality and my own fantasy

I think people should stay home, stop burning shit, and wear their dang masks. That the kind of comments you're looking for Ra?
    "Behold I have become Death, Destroyer of worlds."
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Basic Rules, Altered by me
    Disclaimer: [Your DM, TTW and] Wizards of the Coast [are] not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, opening hidden coffins, shaking up or mixing unfinished alchemical potions, throwing a stick past a werewolf and yelling "Fetch!", angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, “Are you really sure?”
    "To most men, asking hideous old women for sex advice is like asking the tarrasque for a breath mint."
    Do you dare challenge my Brute?

That's them, bud!

Honestly, it's hard to argue with most of that, but based on how America rolls these days, surely there are a whole bunch of folks who would very much disagree with you there. I wonder if any will pop up here and throw their two cents in?

I'll say this about the dang masks: while I do my duty and wear it in public, these last three months have really made me think seriously about laser eye surgery. I was honestly fine with wearing glasses forever until the friggin' mask thing began. Combining glasses and a mask is awful. I can keep it up for weeks, even months...but not years. If it gets to that point, where mask wearing is simply normalized and expected in certain public situations, I'm going to need to bite the bullet and schedule the stupid surgery.

OMG I had glasses once and I'm so glad I got LASIK. Seriously I could see well enough to get around without glasses, but in say high school I had to sit in the front of the room to take notes or wear my glasses. So of course once I started driving I had to wear them to drive. But after the surgery (and as of my last optometry appointment) I see 20/15 so yeah. I love it.
    Disclaimer: [Your DM, TTW and] Wizards of the Coast [are] not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, opening hidden coffins, shaking up or mixing unfinished alchemical potions, throwing a stick past a werewolf and yelling "Fetch!", angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, “Are you really sure?”
    "To most men, asking hideous old women for sex advice is like asking the tarrasque for a breath mint."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlinmc View Post
    I'll say this about the dang masks: while I do my duty and wear it in public, these last three months have really made me think seriously about laser eye surgery. I was honestly fine with wearing glasses forever until the friggin' mask thing began. Combining glasses and a mask is awful. I can keep it up for weeks, even months...but not years. If it gets to that point, where mask wearing is simply normalized and expected in certain public situations, I'm going to need to bite the bullet and schedule the stupid surgery.
    This. This all day long. Mask + Glasses is annoying. I can't see half the time.

But I still wear my dang mask in public. Like a decent human being.
    "Ho there wanderer... Stay thy course a moment to indulge an old man." ~Elminster, BG1, just outside Candlekeep

For Evil to triumph, all good men must do is nothing. The corollary to that proverb is that sometimes evil must be done by honorable men for the greater good to triumph. ~Twilight Warriors

Right. It's not fun, but I get why it's necessary and helpful to my fellow human beings.

That said, Sober's comment sure makes me want that LASIK surgery. I just...man, I just hate the idea of someone going at my eye with anything. I don't know if it's a straight-up phobia, but it does scare the hell out of me.

Oh yeah it was rough. The laser wasn't actually as hard to not flinch over as the electric toothbrush like tool they used to take the outer layers off. It doesn't hurt but ugh, just seeing it like right there.

Ho. Lee. Shit.

I'm gonna stick with the foggy glasses, I think. haha

I think that depends on what surgery you're having though. And this was like 2005 and the Army so... you might have a totally different experience.

Ok, since it's swirling around the political world like a tornado, let's go ahead and ask the obvious questions:

- Do we all buy that Donald Trump seems to have finally lost his mojo with his usually rock-solid core constituents?

- Do we really think this guy will allow himself to go down in flames and lose by a dozen points in the fall, or does he quit before then to start Trump TV for his 45 million adoring fans?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast