Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: OOC

Blog Entries

Oh, its for both flavor/backstory AND to customize/change things on the sheet.

Standard cost to Retrain 10 * Level * # of days (5 for a feat). For Backstory, he would be retraining at level 3, which puts the cost of Retraining a single feat at 150 GP. Obviously, you're welcome to impose whatever cost you feel is appropriate.

He took the following feats originally, when he was First level - Feats appropriate for a young aristrocrat who likes drinking and carousing in his free time.

1: Antagonize
    Human: Persuasive

And at level 3, through work with a tutor, channeled his childishness away from stupid antics like antagonizing someone into a fight - a common skill among young, over-confident, socialites - and retrained himself to fight, swapping them out for

1: Weapon Focus (Sword Cane)
    H: Fencing Grace

This is important because, when Retraining, you can take feats you didn't qualify for at the level you took the Retrained Feat originally. So by Re-training at level 3 (Spending downtime and gold to pay a tutor) he can pick them up, despite not having qualified for them originally.
    "Ho there wanderer... Stay thy course a moment to indulge an old man." ~Elminster, BG1, just outside Candlekeep

For Evil to triumph, all good men must do is nothing. The corollary to that proverb is that sometimes evil must be done by honorable men for the greater good to triumph. ~Twilight Warriors

Somewhere between reality and my own fantasy

Yeah that's fine. No additional costs on that.
    "Behold I have become Death, Destroyer of worlds."
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Basic Rules, Altered by me
    Disclaimer: [Your DM, TTW and] Wizards of the Coast [are] not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, opening hidden coffins, shaking up or mixing unfinished alchemical potions, throwing a stick past a werewolf and yelling "Fetch!", angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, “Are you really sure?”
    "To most men, asking hideous old women for sex advice is like asking the tarrasque for a breath mint."
    Do you dare challenge my Brute?

Sounds good, Sober! I'll deduct that 10 grand, which puts her at level 6 with other PCs.

She'll also pick up +1 Bracers of Armor, +1 Cloak of Resistance and +1 Amulet of Mighty Fists, leaving her with no money and some sweet loot to boot. Sheet should be all set now!

Edit: Just read the IC post, Sober, and I think it's great! My girl'll be ready to go when others are now. I'm stoked to start playing my tree! haha

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SoberIrishman View Post
    Yeah that's fine. No additional costs on that.
    Sounds good. I'll pay the costs and be happy then.

How do you feel about the Unchained Crafting rules? Ever used them?

P.S. If me asking about random stuff ever gets annoying, just say something. lol I like to play with rules I haven't really used before, and I found both the Re-training rules and the Unchained Crafting rules, and thought they were neat.
    "Ho there wanderer... Stay thy course a moment to indulge an old man." ~Elminster, BG1, just outside Candlekeep

For Evil to triumph, all good men must do is nothing. The corollary to that proverb is that sometimes evil must be done by honorable men for the greater good to triumph. ~Twilight Warriors

I don't know about Unchained crafting unless you are referring to the alternate crafting rules on the PF SRD, in which case I kind of like them as they limit the kinds of items one player can craft. I'm actually surprised you haven't asked about the staggered advancement rules, but maybe you've tried them before.
    Disclaimer: [Your DM, TTW and] Wizards of the Coast [are] not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, opening hidden coffins, shaking up or mixing unfinished alchemical potions, throwing a stick past a werewolf and yelling "Fetch!", angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, “Are you really sure?”
    "To most men, asking hideous old women for sex advice is like asking the tarrasque for a breath mint."

Blog Entries

Im not sure what Alternate crafting rules you're talking about, but I'm referring to

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/craft/

specifically the section labeled 'Unchained Crafting' which is an alternate set of rules that came out when all the other 'Unchained' stuff came out (mostly alternate versions of classes; Unchained Rogue, Unchained Summoner, etc)

Whats Staggered Advancement? no no, don't answer, I'll go look. Edit: Huh, looks interesting but seems like alot more book keeping. So much easier to just level up all at once. Also, that would affect everyone (As it wouldn't make sense to just have 1 person do it). On a fun note, it appears those rules came out right around the same time the Unchained stuff did, considering its on the same page as the Unchained Classes.

If you are asking about the bonuses at skill levels 5, 10, 15, and 20 then I'm willing to try allowing those in. If you are wanting the signature skill stuff that's tied to unchained rogues then I'll have to do more reading on that stuff.

So I've got one completed and checked PC so far. Looks like the other 2 are almost done. Stats were rolled for one additional PC but I've seen nothing else. Just trying to determine if I need to start recruiting other players. Mainly as I may regret some of the things I've let in if I have to open this up to a broader pool of players...

Blog Entries

im still here, just been a busy week.

“Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

—The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

No worries. Just worrying over whether we lost people. As soon as there's at least 4 people I'll open the IC thread and let the RPing begin. I just want to make sure I have a minimum before we start. Anyone else up to the max of 6 can join in later if need be.

2/4 checked

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast