Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rappan Athuk (D&D 5e) - A deadly dungeon crawler

Default Rappan Athuk (D&D 5e) - A deadly dungeon crawler - Currently one more open spot!

I'm sorry, we're full for now

Are you looking for a mega dungeon to explore, with actual danger around every corner? Then I welcome you to Rappan Athuk. This dungeon is created to kill you and your DM won't hold back or fudge any dice (all attach/damage rolls will be made in plain sight).

You'll start at the main entrance to the dungeon and your first challenge will be to find a way in. When you sign up for this adventure, you should be prepared for your character to die and having to roll up a new one. Many adventures have died before you, but rumor has it that great treasure awaits the ones who make it to the bottom of the dungeon.
    The official adventure's description:
    Rappan Athuk, the legendary mega-dungeon by Frog God Games and Necromancer Games is nothing more and nothing less than a good, old–fashioned, First Edition dungeon crawl updated for 5th edition Dungeons and Dragons. Very difficult, Rappan Athuk will truly strike fear into the hearts of the most stalwart adventurers. It offers legions of inventive traps, tricks, strange features, and monsters — many of them never before seen. It affords numerous opportunities for roleplaying, but anyone willing to brave these subterranean halls better arrive ready to rumble, or their lives will be short indeed.

Many, many players have lost favored PCs delving into the depths of this dungeon, all the while giggling like children and having the time of their lives. Hundreds, if not thousands of players have combed the halls of Rappan Athuk over the years, seeking treasure and fame, making it one of the best-known dungeon locations the game has ever produced. Even players who have never entered its halls know the term: “Don’t go down the Well!
    Source:
    https://www.froggodgames.com/product/rappan-athuk/

Reply to the thread if you're interested, and I'll send you the player's guide (16 page PDF). You probably want to wait with creating a character until you've discussed the composition of your adventuring party with your fellow party members.

The details:

• What system are you using? D&D 5e
    • What medium(s) are you using? PbP + FoundryVTT (Roll20 alternative) for maps/tokens
    • How often will you require people to post? At least once a day, preferable more often
    • What kind of action(s) will be taken if a person does not post within the required time? DM's discretion
    • Any supplementary programs needed? Nope

• What house rules does the game have? Meta gaming is allowed (just don't look up monsters, but if you know a thing or two about a monster you encounter, feel free to use that information)! Food supplies will be measured (if you're out of food, you'll have to find some other way to eat, or suffer from exhaustion).
    • What restrictions are there on source material? All official WotC published materials + publicly available content (just send me a link) including playtest material
    • How do players create their character? Roll 4d6, reroll 1s, take best 3. If you don't like the result you can switch to Point Buy / Standard Array - Start at 4th level.

Players will get extra starting gold and can spent the gold on ANY common/uncommon magic item published, standard equipment and don't forget to buy enough rations. Before you create your character, I'll send you a 16 page PDF with some information from previous adventurers that went into the dungeon, that will give you some hints on what to expect (this is the official Rappan Athuk Player's Guide as published by Frog God Games).
    • What other restrictions and/or requirements are there? Have fun!
    • Minimal number of players: 6
    • Maximal number of players:​ 8
    • Duration of the campaign: The rest of your life (seriously, the adventure is close to 666 pages. Hmm, I wonder if that's another hint from the publishers. I know people who've been playing on a weekly basis for 5 years who still haven't made it to the end)
    • Timezones Any, I'm CET myself, but I usually get up around 11 am and go to sleep around 3 am

Current players: Hideous (Wood Elf Monk), Lycanthus (Firbolg Druid), shadowthebard (Human Warlock), ArchDruidCrea (Dwarf Cleric), voodoozombie, Blackfox42 (Saurian Barbarian), Kerilstrasz and Pocal
    Last edited by Sir Dijavegi; 06-10-2020 at 11:27 PM.

2. Default

I'm interested. Probably going to play some kind of monk. Any race restrictions? Is Drow okay? Here are some dice rolls.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollAbility Score 1 - (4d6rb3) (4, 1, 2, 5, 1, 6) [15]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAbility Score 2 - (4d6rb3) (1, 6, 1, 2, 1, 6, 1, 4) [16]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAbility Score 3 - (4d6rb3) (2, 1, 3, 4, 4) [11]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAbility Score 4 - (4d6rb3) (6, 5, 3, 6) [17]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAbility Score 5 - (4d6rb3) (2, 4, 1, 4, 2) [10]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAbility Score 6 - (4d6rb3) (6, 1, 3, 3, 1, 5) [14]

Drow is ok, I'll send you the document via PM in a minute (still have to upload it somewhere quickly)

Let's see what the dice say:

Authentic Forum Dice-rollStat 1 - (4d6rb3) (4, 4, 4, 6) [14]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollStat 2 - (4d6rb3) (4, 4, 6, 5) [15]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollStat 3 - (4d6rb3) (5, 4, 4, 4) [13]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollStat 4 - (4d6rb3) (2, 5, 1, 4, 4) [13]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollStat 5 - (4d6rb3) (6, 6, 5, 2) [17]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollStat 6 - (4d6rb3) (2, 5, 4, 4) [13]

Not bad. I'm thinking Sorcerer or Warlock, either Human or High Elf.
    Last edited by shadowthebard; 06-06-2020 at 04:40 AM.

------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST

5. Default

Introducing Statera (latin for balance),

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2227222

I'll flesh him out more but basically he's a true neutral wood elf monk martial artist that only cares about maintaining the natural balance of things. He's already 3 centuries old and mediated for 100 years from the age of 150-250 before becoming "enlightened." Now, he is called to the dungeon for [insert plot hook].

Quote Originally Posted by shadowthebard View Post
    Let's see what the dice say:

[roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [roll5]

Not bad. I'm thinking Sorcerer or Warlock, either Human or High Elf.

I've send you the player's guide in a PM
    Last edited by Sir Dijavegi; 06-06-2020 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hideous View Post
    Introducing Statera (latin for balance),
    Don't forget you'll start at level 4

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Dijavegi View Post
    I've send you the player's guide in a PM
    Got it. I will work up a character in the next 24 hours.

------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast