Page 125 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126 LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1252

Thread: Chapter 1: Edge of Anarchy

  1. #1241
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Arkansas, Central Time
    Posts
    2,521
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    The thief's sense blur as the motion captures her senses, and lulls Ino into a state of almost sleep as she watches the thing move...

    Will-Authentic Forum Dice-roll( 1d20+2 ) [14]
    Last edited by GhoulRising; 07-31-2020 at 12:11 AM.


    “Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

    —The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

  2. #1242
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    East Coast US
    Posts
    2,464
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Laera's heart races as she sees Galin and Ino suddenly go blank-faced. Feeling helpless to do much to hurt the creatures, she thinks carefully about what she can do to help. Seeing Chuck's ferocity, she decides to help him.

    OOC: I'm posting this out of order. I'd like to let Chuck go first. If he doesn't rush into melee, like I expect, then I might ret-con this.

    Laera wants to wait until after chuck attacks. Afterwards, she casts invisibility on him. She'll stay out of melee. The point of casting after he attacks is so that he doesn't lose invisibility as soon as he attacks.

  3. #1243

    Default

    Chuck doesn't disappoint Laera. He does indeed charge right into the fray, swinging at the nearest construct he can reach as he flies into a Rage.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+9) [13]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d12+3) [5]



  4. #1244
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,363

    Default Round 1, cont'd - round 2

    As Ino and Galin take to their head and try to clear their minds, Chuck jumps out of the secret passage and starts flailing his large axe around. His aim is poor, however, and the necrophidius sways out the path of the axe. It turns its attention towards the large new target, but before it can strike, Chuck suddenly disappear from sight.

    Round 2:
    The necrophidius turns its attention back towards Galin. It breaks off its enticing dance and suddenly lunges at the dwarf with its fanged jaw agape:

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollBite - (1d20+6) (2) [8] -> Galin
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+4) [12]
    If hit, Galin must make a DC 13 Fort save.

    The other necrophidius makes a swift strike at Ino, trying to bite her

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollBite - (1d20+6) (16) [22] -> Ino
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+4) [12]
    If hit, Ino must make a DC 13 Fort save.

    Even in his dazed state, Galin manages to fend off his necrophidius, but Ino is not so fortunate. The second construct sinks its long fangs deep into the little halfling's neck, causing her blood to drip out onto the floor.


    Last edited by Abberdaggus; 08-02-2020 at 01:38 PM.

  5. #1245

    Default

    Chuck keeps on swinging, unaware he has disappeared from sight in his Rage.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+9) [15]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d12+3) [12]



  6. #1246
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    East Coast US
    Posts
    2,464
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Laera points her wand at the nearest construct and shoots a magic missile.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (d4+1) [4]

  7. #1247
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    East Coast US
    Posts
    2,464
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    (BTW: Chuck should get, I'm pretty sure, a +2 on that attack because he is invisible. I was kind of hoping that the creature would have attacked Chuck with a 50% miss chance, but he missed Galin anyway, so it worked out well. Except poor Ino!!!)

  8. #1248

    Default

    (OOC: Thank you! Yes, I completely missed that +2. Much appreciated. )



  9. #1249
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,363

    Default Round 2, cont'd - Round 3

    Chuck reappears just as fast as he disappeared as his giant axe slashes through the bones of the serpentine construct. Although his weapon may not be ideal for this kind of creature, it can still wreak havoc when Chuck swings it hard enough. This magical dart flying from the tip of Laeras wand chips a few pieces off the bones as well.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollIno fort save - (1d20+2) [17]

    Ino is small, but sturdy and she manages to fight the numbing feeling flowing through her body from the necrophidius' bite.
    Last edited by Abberdaggus; Yesterday at 08:02 PM.

  10. #1250
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,363

    Default Round 3

    Chuck has finally managed to gain the necrophidius' attention and the construct now targets the large barbarian

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollBite - (1d20+6) (5) [11] -> Chuck
    [roll=Damage]1d8+4[roll]
    If hit, make a DC 13 fort save.

    Unfortunately, there is no one to distract the other necrophidius from the gravely wounded Ino. The construct raises its looming skull and dives towards Ino to finish the job.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollBite - (1d20+6) (17) [23] -> Ino
    [roll=Damage]1d8+4[roll]
    If hit, make a DC 13 fort save.

    Once again, Galin manages to dodge out of the way, while Ino takes the full beating. She collapses unconscious onto the floor, bleeding heavily from the inflicted wound.

    Meanwhile, the fog starts to clear from Galins mind, and he regains control of their senses.


    Last edited by Abberdaggus; Yesterday at 08:17 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •