Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 82 OOC

Luopo is online now PbP Lvl.6 - reached 14,000 posts (Next Lvl.@ 23,000 posts)

Zav is a 5th level warlock, he has 2 more levels to go before he can cast 4th levels spells, so that will take some time, so it's not as urgent as Shales.

The topic of ghosts has been discussed and you have all the clues you need, you're just looking for a 100% guarantee that it will work before you commit to it and even then you're not going to know it will work until you try.

Quote Originally Posted by zebsen View Post
    Okay, but we need 2 things:
    1 2 dragon bones
    2 addressing the ghosts.

We have no solution to either of those problems. If we prioritize it, we probably could come up with solutions, but with an already long priority list (thieves guild, Banto, Rug temple, Brandylton, water temple, etc) it's hard to see a short term path to Conduits here. If the player is willing to wait a bit, I don't doubt we can find solutions.

xcylla is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)

I haven't read much about druids but I would think Shale would have access to a consecrated place or could create one.

He had access to one at Skyhaven, until he mentioned the Conduit lore to Fao

Quote Originally Posted by xcylla View Post
    I haven't read much about druids but I would think Shale would have access to a consecrated place or could create one.

Would there not be one in the Cloud Forest?

maybe, but do you want to take the chance of spreading the knowledge of conduits there too? It's not like it's off limits to everyone.

Would there not be one in the Cloud Forest?

zebsen is online now PbP Lvl.6 - reached 14,000 posts (Next Lvl.@ 23,000 posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Luopo View Post
    He had access to one at Skyhaven, until he mentioned the Conduit lore to Fao
    I can't see how he could have used that to scribe it without Fao interrupting the ritual to understand what the heck he was doing.

Given the challenges of obtaining dragon bones, I'm not sure how else to approach it than a 100% guarantee. I'm also not aware of any ideas that can semi-keep ghosts away. It may have been mentioned, and I just forgot it.

Well you'll never know now.

Anyways, barring any big fights, etc... Shale isn't close to getting 7th level yet, but it would be advantageous to try and get a dragon bone sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by zebsen View Post
    I can't see how he could have used that to scribe it without Fao interrupting the ritual to understand what the heck he was doing.

Given the challenges of obtaining dragon bones, I'm not sure how else to approach it than a 100% guarantee. I'm also not aware of any ideas that can semi-keep ghosts away. It may have been mentioned, and I just forgot it.

Spellblade is online now PbP Lvl.6 - reached 14,000 posts (Next Lvl.@ 23,000 posts)

Can Hildegard please scry Krendok so we can get that out of the way?

Arkady is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)

Wes
    Hildegard can't scry Krendock. She has a Commune from Ceara confirming that. She is not familiar enough with Krendock.

Spellblade is online now PbP Lvl.6 - reached 14,000 posts (Next Lvl.@ 23,000 posts)

What about with the Hammer of Krendok as a possession?

Quote Originally Posted by Arkady View Post
    Wes
    Hildegard can't scry Krendock. She has a Commune from Ceara confirming that. She is not familiar enough with Krendock.

You already gave me 7th level after the almost fight at Sky Haven. I've been sitting here wondering what to do with it because if I don't multiclass then all I get is more HP and the ability to prepare one more spell for the day, though it'll be of 3rd level and lower obviously. And that's fine. I can go one level like that, potentially two, although at level 8 I miss out on a pretty important leap in Wild Shape. But if I milestone all the way to 11 and pick Druid everytime then I really am just remaining 6th level, I'll just be extra healthy and a little better at my trained skills.

Well you'll never know now.

Anyways, barring any big fights, etc... Shale isn't close to getting 7th level yet, but it would be advantageous to try and get a dragon bone sooner than later.

Oh yeah

Better get that dragon bone soon, otherwise the group is just going to move on and do other things. Where there are dragon bones, there are skeletons...

Quote Originally Posted by jflo2415 View Post
    You already gave me 7th level after the almost fight at Sky Haven. I've been sitting here wondering what to do with it because if I don't multiclass then all I get is more HP and the ability to prepare one more spell for the day, though it'll be of 3rd level and lower obviously. And that's fine. I can go one level like that, potentially two, although at level 8 I miss out on a pretty important leap in Wild Shape. But if I milestone all the way to 11 and pick Druid everytime then I really am just remaining 6th level, I'll just be extra healthy and a little better at my trained skills.

Please remember the oath that several of you took and Zavros broke:

"Do you swear fealty to your King and to protect the City-State of Jasrel and all it’s concerns until your grave?”

Has anyone told Shale in depth about She Who Shall Not Be Named? Perhaps Shale, being Fey-touched, is a secret agent of Her...

is it protecting the city-state of Jasrel to make it burn? I think we can defeat the Brotherhood,but the cost to the Edge specifically and parts of Jasrel generally will suffer great damage.

Lol no, no one has told Shale shit. The thread where we tried to do that devolved into the group going off on several tangents just while they were trying to tell him about an island. Tough getting this group to focus.

Has anyone told Shale in depth about She Who Shall Not Be Named? Perhaps Shale, being Fey-touched, is a secret agent of Her...

That is the nature of PbP.

Lol no, no one has told Shale shit. The thread where we tried to do that devolved into the group going off on several tangents just while they were trying to tell him about an island. Tough getting this group to focus.

And the exact reason why a lot of stuff is discussed out of character.

Quote Originally Posted by Luopo;[URL="tel:1332285"
    1332285[/URL]]That is the nature of PbP.

So, you weren't intrigued at all about Moonlit Isle. Everything matters in Chaldera. I thought as a druid you would be interested in the clear cut island and the dark tower. We couldn't answer your questions because there is possible adventure there.

Arkady is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)

is it protecting the city-state of Jasrel to make it burn? I think we can defeat the Brotherhood,but the cost to the Edge specifically and parts of Jasrel generally will suffer great damage.
    That is why this adventure is so cool. We need to do it without minimal burn.

What if I said this:
    Is investigating the arson in Brandylton to make unknown enemies do more harm there? I think we can defeat the arsonists, but the costs to Brandylton could be too high.

Wasn't Brandylton founded by a house that opposed the new king's ascension? Brandylton is not a colony of Jasrel. If we are trying to help Zavros back into the good books with the King, so he can return to having free access to the city, is helping Brandylton going to make the King happy? I don't believe that helping Brandylton will impress the king. Hildegard could commune to check.

There are other good reasons to want to go there.

Is it that some want our PC's to rescind knighthoods and so find aiding the conscientious objectors in Brandylton is appealing?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast