Thread: Chapter 78.3 Javis

Luopo is online now PbP Lvl.6 - reached 14,000 posts (Next Lvl.@ 23,000 posts)

Default Chapter 78.3 Javis

Following her lead on Javis, Hildegard took the better part of the morning to find the man--who was barely a man, being no more than 16 or 17 yrs old, at a blacksmithery.

Arkady is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)

Hildegard looks about for the blacksmith master.

Not seeing the master, she speaks to Javis. "Hello Javis. I am Dame Hildegard and priestess of Ceara. I seek a squire."

"Rachel of the Temple suggested I find you. Why would that be?"

"The Temple..." Javis repeated and shook his head as he stopped momentarily shoveling coal into the forge to continue saying, "You people act like your shit don't stink. Rachel was wrong. She's always wrong," his voice drifted away as it was obvious any mention of the girl brought sadness upon him. "You're wasting your time, Dame Priestess, now excuse me, I have work to do, or I won't eat today." Javis turned and went back to shoveling coal.

"Believe me, we are all too fallible. I have sinned and strive to attone."

Hildegard sits cross-legged, easing down smoothly, her upright trident assuring balance.

"Tell me more, Brother Javis. Maybe I can help you. Maybe we can help each other. You may have a calling. "

Javis' demeanor started to soften a bit, "I thought so too, so I went to the Temple... your temple, and was turned away, cause I was a man." The boy looked downtrodden as he looked at one of his soot covered hands.

"I am building a Church in the Moonlit Cove west of Jasrel. It will begin its mission come winter."

"I believe there was at least one other knight templar, a paladin, to Ceara. The warrior forged a Holy Sword, Ildirim, that harnessed the tempest. Only an Oathsworn Paladin can wield the sword."

"I believe you could be the second. Possibly the first male, possibly the second. There is much I do not know about the Ildirim's maker. I also do not know your path."

"I serve Ceara. I ask you to help me serve Her. I will train you. I have companions who may also train you."

"I offer this - be my squire, Brother Javis. If this is heresy, we shall be heretics."

"Think on it. If you accept, you must find the way to be honorably discharged from your obligations to the master blacksmith. If we must find a replacement apprentice, so be it. Your training should start in late fall at the latest, if not sooner."

"Tell me Brother, who is Rachel to you, and what was she wrong about?"
    Last edited by Arkady; 01-16-2021 at 05:37 PM.

The halting nature of Hildegard's speech pattern befuddled the young man and he wasn't sure where to start answering or continue listening. When the moment came that Hildegard stopped talking for some measurable amount of time, he replied, "So, when you say Fall, you mean 3 months from now?"
    Last edited by Luopo; 01-17-2021 at 03:53 AM.

From the other room, a large light green tinged daurja entered the forge area and asked, "Javis, what's going on here?" Then see's Dame Hildegard and bows, "Mi'lady, is there a problem?"

"Or sooner, I don't know what your oath to the blacksmith requires."

Hildegard stands then bows in return. "Greetings master. I was referred here by Rachel of the Temple. I have need of you both if your services are willing and available. When could we sit and discuss?"

"I'm not sure who this Rachel is," the blacksmith replies, "but I have free time now, what is it that you need?"

"Master Smith, I would like your help crafting four masterwork tridents. They must present religious iconography. They are for the templars to a new church to Ceara."

"I also seek a hireling. Acolyte Rachel recommended Javis. It took the better part of the morning to find him. I did not know what to expect. Have I caused trouble by arriving here like so, unannounced and uninformed?"

The blacksmith grimaced and his eyes downcast, as he didn't like turning down a job or seek to disappoint anyone, but he looked back at Hildegard and stated, "I'm sorry, mi'lady. I cannot craft these weapons for you, even though weapons are part of my religion. I am Oathbound to another, and to promote your goddess over my own, is not the Way." Looking to Javis, "He is in my service, since the Ceara temple of Jasrel only accepts females, but he has his own mind and free to do as he pleases."

"An honorable answer." Hildegard looks around for signs of the backsmith's faith.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollreligion - (d20+5) (2) [7]

"I seek a squire who is faithful to Ceara. I am forbidden to seek from those bound to the temple in Jasrel. This makes Javis," she looks to the youth then the smith, "a prospect."
    Last edited by Arkady; 01-17-2021 at 04:45 PM.

The daurja smith looked to Javis and awaited his answer. The youth looked both from his master and then to Hildegard and answered, "I'm sorry Dame Hildegard, but I wish to remain here."

"Thank you for your time."

"Master Smith, would you recommend another to craft the tridents?"

Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20+5) (6) [11]

"Any of the weaponsmiths along Trade street should be able to help you out," the smith said, "but those that also offer silversmithing, are of a higher quality than the rest."

She bids the two farewell.

Chagrined, Hildegard walks the streets of her birth city, She looks for a private place from which to send to Jaime at the temple. Her first thought is a private booth in a tavern here in the district, with a payment made to aasure privacy.

She is open to what privacy she can find. At worst she checks into an Inn for the solitude.
    Last edited by Arkady; 01-17-2021 at 08:48 PM.