Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 188

Thread: Chapter 1: The Race to Settlestone

  1. #1
    Hideous is online now PbP Lvl.5 - reached 6,500 posts (Next Lvl.@ 14,000 posts)
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    6,767
    Rep Power
    50

    Default Chapter 1: The Race to Settlestone

    20 Mirtul 1400 DR 1:00 PM

    The party ultimately decides to take the most lucrative contract. 10 gold pieces a day each, to make the 5 day hard ride to Settlestone with the tiefling Immortal and his mysterious cargo. Better yet, they could ride the whole way there.

    The next morning, the party rallied at the Adventurer's Guild to the pleasant sight of 6 strong riding horses with tack, easily worth 100 gold pieces each. Seven, actually, counting the one pulling the wagon atop which the tiefling sat. Immortal introduced himself and explained the way to Settlestone.

    "Settlestone is easy to find. We just follow the Rauvin west until it meets the Surbrin, and then follow the Surbrin upstream to Settlestone. Keep the water on your left, that's the easiest explanation. The trek is about 175 miles, and I'm looking to cover nigh 40 miles a day." It wasn't a question, and Immortal said no more, so the party saddled up and they set out, leaving the strong gates, thick walls, and the protection of the mythal behind them.



    Breakfast was trail rations, and so was lunch. Immortal showed no signs of slowing down, and during the sixth hour of riding, the group spotted a half-ogre making a poor attempt to hide behind a tree up ahead. What they didn't see was the orc hiding south of the road. Out of nowhere, a crude javelin comes flying in from the southwest, piercing Kierion's torso and nearly taking him off his horse. The orc then retreats to take cover behind a tree to the south.

    Give me Initiative. If you beat a 9, you can act.

    Kierion AC 14 - 5/14 HP
    Daurja AC 16/18 - 11/11 HP
    Cori AC 15 - 12/12/ HP
    Jakob AC 18 - 10/10 HP
    Magnus AC 12 - 8/8 HP
    Va'raa AC 11 - 8/8 HP

    Last edited by Hideous; 01-13-2021 at 02:01 AM.
    "What I am saying then is just because you donít know how you manage to be conscious, how you manage to grow and shape your body, doesnít mean that youíre not doing it. Equally, if you donít know how the universe shines the stars, constellates the constellations, or galactifies the galaxies Ė you donít know but that doesnít mean that you arenít doing it just the same way as you are breathing without knowing how you breathe." -Alan Watts, Death, Part 2.

  2. #2
    southeast is online now PbP Lvl.1 - reached 3 posts (Next Lvl.@ 300 posts)
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    274
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20+2) [9] - initiative
    Liam J Black - Whitecliff Watch
    Yi Hou - Claiming of Fort Gale

  3. #3
    Hideous is online now PbP Lvl.5 - reached 6,500 posts (Next Lvl.@ 14,000 posts)
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    6,767
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by southeast View Post
    [roll0] - initiative
    This counts as beating the enemy's 9 due to your Dexterity bonus so you can act.
    "What I am saying then is just because you donít know how you manage to be conscious, how you manage to grow and shape your body, doesnít mean that youíre not doing it. Equally, if you donít know how the universe shines the stars, constellates the constellations, or galactifies the galaxies Ė you donít know but that doesnít mean that you arenít doing it just the same way as you are breathing without knowing how you breathe." -Alan Watts, Death, Part 2.

  4. #4
    Luopo's Avatar
    Luopo is online now PbP Lvl.6 - reached 14,000 posts (Next Lvl.@ 23,000 posts)
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    19,325
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    AC16 11/11HP

    "Ambush!" Din yells out as he spurs his horse after the Orc, drawing out his flail and striking at it once he was in range.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollflail - (1d20+4) (2) [6]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (1d8+2) (2) [4]

    ooc: it looks like he's within 60' of Din, which he can reach by his horse.
    Last edited by Luopo; 01-13-2021 at 04:07 AM.

  5. #5
    southeast is online now PbP Lvl.1 - reached 3 posts (Next Lvl.@ 300 posts)
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    274
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Looking ahead Magnusí attention is grabbed by the large obvious ogre and it is only the sound of Kierion being struck that alerts him to the additional danger. With his face setting into grim determination he rides up to the wagon and says, ďdůiteŠnď Finishing the incantation with a flourish of his hand a flame appears hovering over his up facing palm as he readies a fire bolt to catch any enemy he sees outside of cover.

    Liam J Black - Whitecliff Watch
    Yi Hou - Claiming of Fort Gale

  6. #6
    LakethePondling's Avatar
    LakethePondling is online now PbP Lvl.2 - reached 300 posts (Next Lvl.@ 900 posts)
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    660
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20+1) [14]





  7. #7
    Lycanthus's Avatar
    Lycanthus is online now PbP Lvl.5 - reached 6,500 posts (Next Lvl.@ 14,000 posts)
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    7,946
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Jakob - HPs 10/10, AC 18 (EB 2/2, L1 2/2)

    Jakob spurs his horse forward (to just north - beside Immortal) and focusing through his holy symbol calls forth an Emboldening Bond upon Kieron and Cori. He then prepares to render aid as is required.


    ****
    Move to - Red Star on the following
    Jakob move.PNG

    Action -
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.





  8. #8
    LakethePondling's Avatar
    LakethePondling is online now PbP Lvl.2 - reached 300 posts (Next Lvl.@ 900 posts)
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    660
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Va'raa has no spells that will hit them at that far. so she will load her crossbow and wait until one of them comes within range.





  9. #9
    LordFluffy's Avatar
    LordFluffy is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,748
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollInitiative - (1d20+3) (12) [15]

  10. #10
    LordFluffy's Avatar
    LordFluffy is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,748
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Cori kicks his horse and urges it to charge forward. He puts himself as close to the half ogre as he can, hurling two darts at him, though not trusting his aim at the range.

    OOC:
    Move (on horseback): 60' forward. That should put me just in front of Kieron (counting each 5' I'm passing an ally as 10').

    Action: Attack
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTo hit - (2d20w1+5) (8, 5) [10]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d4+5) (3) [8]

    Bonus: Off hand attack
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTo hit - (2d20w1+5) (13, 9) [14]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d4+2) (4) [6]

    Reaction: AoO if applicable

  11. #11
    shadowthebard's Avatar
    shadowthebard is online now PbP Lvl.3 - reached 900 posts (Next Lvl.@ 2,700 posts)
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,352
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollKierion Initiative - (1d20+2) [11]

    Kierion gracefully falls off his horse and scrambles to put a tree trunk between himself and the javelin thrower. As his years of training take over, he draws his sword and peers around the tree, looking and listening for the enemy.

    (Perception roll 22 in dice rolls thread)
    Last edited by shadowthebard; 01-13-2021 at 12:03 PM.

    ------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST


  12. #12
    Hideous is online now PbP Lvl.5 - reached 6,500 posts (Next Lvl.@ 14,000 posts)
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    6,767
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    "Ambush!" Din yells out as he spurs his horse after the Orc, drawing out his flail and striking at it once he was in range. Unfortunately, the paladin's attack misses.

    Looking ahead Magnus’ attention is grabbed by the large obvious half-ogre and it is only the sound of Kierion being struck that alerts him to the additional danger. With his face setting into grim determination he rides up to the wagon and says, “důiteŠn“ Finishing the incantation with a flourish of his hand a flame appears hovering over his up facing palm as he readies a fire bolt to catch any enemy he sees outside of cover.

    Jakob spurs his horse forward to end up beside Immortal, and focusing through his holy symbol, calls forth an Emboldening Bond upon Kieron and Cori. He then prepares to render aid as is required.

    Va'raa has no spells that will hit them at that range, so she loads her crossbow and waits until one of them comes within range.

    Cori kicks his horse and urges it to charge forward. He puts himself as close to the half ogre as he can, hurling two darts at him. Thanks to Jakob's emboldening bond, the half-elf lands both shots despite the half-ogre's half cover behind a tree trunk.

    Kierion gracefully falls off his horse and scrambles to put a tree trunk between himself and the javelin thrower. As his years of training take over, he draws his sword and peers around the tree, looking and listening for the enemy. He spies only the half-ogre and orc. Unaccustomed to battle, Kierion's riding horse rears back and bolts northeast away from the fight.

    The orc answers Daurja's challenge, drawing a greataxe and landing a solid blow against his half-kin that almost unseats the paladin.

    The half-ogre also draws a melee weapon, a vicious, oversized battleaxe. Striding towards Cori, he ducks under Magnus' fire bolt and lands another great blow, nearly dropping the half-elf knife thrower.

    OOC: I need to resolve Va'raa's action. Is she moving? I need an attack roll, unless she is just going to sit at the back of the pack and watch her allies die. Please clarify in your next post. Otherwise, everyone can post again.

    Kierion: AC 14 - 5/14 HP
    Daurja: AC 16 - 3/11 HP
    Cori: AC 15 - 2/12 HP
    Jakob: AC 18 - 10/10 HP
    Magnus: AC 12 - 8/8 HP
    Va'raa: AC 11 - 8/8 HP
    Orc: -0 HP
    Half-Ogre: -14 HP

    Last edited by Hideous; 01-13-2021 at 01:42 PM.
    "What I am saying then is just because you donít know how you manage to be conscious, how you manage to grow and shape your body, doesnít mean that youíre not doing it. Equally, if you donít know how the universe shines the stars, constellates the constellations, or galactifies the galaxies Ė you donít know but that doesnít mean that you arenít doing it just the same way as you are breathing without knowing how you breathe." -Alan Watts, Death, Part 2.

  13. #13
    LakethePondling's Avatar
    LakethePondling is online now PbP Lvl.2 - reached 300 posts (Next Lvl.@ 900 posts)
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    660
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    She will move forward to just behind the wagon. (I didn;t know how far she was. If she is in range, she'll fire at the unwounded Orc with her crossbow)
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20+2) [13]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d8+2) [5]





  14. #14
    shadowthebard's Avatar
    shadowthebard is online now PbP Lvl.3 - reached 900 posts (Next Lvl.@ 2,700 posts)
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,352
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Satisfied that there are no other ambushers, Kierion sprints southward, intending to approach his attacker from the east. He stops just out of melee range.

    ------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST


  15. #15
    Hideous is online now PbP Lvl.5 - reached 6,500 posts (Next Lvl.@ 14,000 posts)
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    6,767
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Va’raa’s shot was perfect, except it struck the tree the orc was using for cover.

    OOC: Okay, that wraps up the first round. Everyone can post actions for the second round.
    "What I am saying then is just because you donít know how you manage to be conscious, how you manage to grow and shape your body, doesnít mean that youíre not doing it. Equally, if you donít know how the universe shines the stars, constellates the constellations, or galactifies the galaxies Ė you donít know but that doesnít mean that you arenít doing it just the same way as you are breathing without knowing how you breathe." -Alan Watts, Death, Part 2.

  16. #16
    southeast is online now PbP Lvl.1 - reached 3 posts (Next Lvl.@ 300 posts)
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    274
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    ďDůiteŠn,ď Magnus says again preparing another flame to shoot out as soon as he has a clear shot while staying close to the wagon in case more enemies made themselves known.

    Liam J Black - Whitecliff Watch
    Yi Hou - Claiming of Fort Gale

  17. #17
    LakethePondling's Avatar
    LakethePondling is online now PbP Lvl.2 - reached 300 posts (Next Lvl.@ 900 posts)
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    660
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Arrow again

    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20+2) [13]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d8+2) [9]





  18. #18
    LordFluffy's Avatar
    LordFluffy is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,748
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Cori lets out a howl of pain as he takes the deep wound, angered at himself that he misjudged his distance from the great ambusher.

    "Closer to danger," he whispers as he slides off the horse, moving towards the half-ogre, drawing a pair of daggers as he does. He slashes with both of them.

    OOC:
    Move: 1/2 of my movement to dismount. I am moving into the square between his current position and the half-ogre which should prevent an attack of opportunity.

    Action: Attack
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTo hit - (1d20+5) (19) [24]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollBond - (1d4) (4) [4]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d4+3) (4) [7]

    Bonus: Off hand attack
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollto hit - (1d20+5) (18) [23]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollBond - (1d4) (4) [4]
    [rolv=Damage]1d4[/rollv]

    Reaction: AoO, if applicable

  19. #19
    Luopo's Avatar
    Luopo is online now PbP Lvl.6 - reached 14,000 posts (Next Lvl.@ 23,000 posts)
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    19,325
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    AC18 3/11HP

    Din gasped at the pain the orc had inflicted on him and spun his horse around to kick the beast and then followed through, equipping his shield and whipped about and struck at the orc one more time.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollhorse aka Sugar - (1d20+5) (15) [20]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (2d4+3) (1, 2) [6]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollFlail - (1d20+4) (17) [21]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d8+2) (2) [4]

    ooc: Din has:
    Relentless Endurance.
    When you are reduced to O hit points but not killed outright, you can drop to 1 hit point instead. You can't use this feature again until you finish a long rest
    Last edited by Luopo; 01-13-2021 at 07:25 PM.

  20. #20
    Lycanthus's Avatar
    Lycanthus is online now PbP Lvl.5 - reached 6,500 posts (Next Lvl.@ 14,000 posts)
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    7,946
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Jakob - HPs 10/10, AC 18 (EB 1/2, L1 2/2)

    Spurring his horse forward so that its just ahead of the Caravan (but still on the road - about 2 horse "lengths" ahead.)

    He calls forth his Sacred Flame upon the Half Ogre and continues to keep a close eye on his comrades - he senses that another hit upon any of them will likely require his immediate assistance.

    ***
    Move - On Road... two/two and half token spaces ahead of the caravan - pretty sure that puts me at 60ft, either to the orc or the half ogre in terms of distance. - its more about having the range for a healing word if its required.

    Action - Sacred Flame on the Half-Ogre - DEX 12 or take Authentic Forum Dice-rollRadiant Damage - (1d8) (4) [4] (save = no damage)

    ****
    For My Tracking
    EB currently active on Cori-Kieron
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.





Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •