Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 49

Thread: Chapter 1: The Race to Settlestone

  1. #21
    Hideous is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    6,387
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Satisfied that there are no other ambushers, Kierion sprints southward, intending to approach his attacker from the east. He stops just out of melee range of the orc.


    “DůiteŠn,“ Magnus says again preparing another flame to shoot out as soon as he has a clear shot while staying close to the wagon in case more enemies made themselves known. The firebolt finds its mark against the half-ogre who grunts in pain.

    Va'raa fires another arrow at the orc, but it embeds itself in the tree right next to her other one. At least she is consistent...

    Cori lets out a howl of pain as he takes the deep wound, angered at himself that he misjudged his distance from the great ambusher. "Closer to danger," he whispers as he slides off the horse, moving towards the half-ogre, drawing a dagger as he does. He slashes out with it, connecting against the half-ogre and drawing another painful grunt. His horse disengages from the fight and flees to the southeast through the trees.

    Din gasped at the pain the orc had inflicted on him and spun his horse around, equipping his shield and whipped about and struck at the orc one more time. The attack finds its mark, and the orc reels.

    Spurring his horse forward so that its just ahead of the Caravan, Jakob calls forth his Sacred Flame upon the Half Ogre and continues to keep a close eye on his comrades - he senses that another hit upon any of them will likely require his immediate assistance. The half-ogre is unable to dodge the radiant flames, and it squeals in agony as it falls to its knees and then drops to the ground, its vicious battleaxe lying in the grass next to it.

    The orc sees its ally go down and curses in orcish, bringing his greataxe to bear once more against Daurja. The half-orc paladin takes another blow that would have killed a lesser man, but the half-orc's relentless endurance keeps him atop his saddle for the time being.

    OOC: Cori can only draw one weapon as a free action, not two. I know he gets to draw a thrown weapon as a free action if he makes a thrown weapon attack, but these are melee attacks. So he only gets one dagger out this round.

    Kierion: AC 14 - 5/14 HP
    Daurja: AC 16 - 1/11 HP (relentless endurance used)
    Cori: AC 15 - 2/12 HP
    Jakob: AC 18 - 10/10 HP
    Magnus: AC 12 - 8/8 HP
    Va'raa: AC 11 - 8/8 HP
    Orc: -4 HP
    Half-Ogre: -31 HP (dying)

    Last edited by Hideous; 01-14-2021 at 01:14 AM.
    "What I am saying then is just because you donít know how you manage to be conscious, how you manage to grow and shape your body, doesnít mean that youíre not doing it. Equally, if you donít know how the universe shines the stars, constellates the constellations, or galactifies the galaxies Ė you donít know but that doesnít mean that you arenít doing it just the same way as you are breathing without knowing how you breathe." -Alan Watts, Death, Part 2.

  2. #22
    Luopo's Avatar
    Luopo is online now PbP Lvl.6 - reached 14,000 posts (Next Lvl.@ 23,000 posts)
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    18,385
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    AC18 1/11HP

    Din, on the verge of falling out of his seat, once more flails at the beast, then brings his horse around once more to back kick it.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollflail - (1d20+4) (12) [16]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (1d8+2) [4]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSugar - (1d20+5) (1) [6]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (2d4+3) (2, 3) [8]
    Last edited by Luopo; 01-14-2021 at 01:10 PM.

  3. #23
    southeast is online now PbP Lvl.1 - reached 3 posts (Next Lvl.@ 300 posts)
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    204
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Seeing the ogre man go down Magnusí attention is grabbed by the fleeing horse and trusting his companions to handle the orc he spurs his horse towards the fleeing mount and tries to corral it.

    Liam J Black - Whitecliff Watch
    Magnus Lafay - Ruins of Netheril

  4. #24
    Lycanthus's Avatar
    Lycanthus is online now PbP Lvl.5 - reached 6,500 posts (Next Lvl.@ 14,000 posts)
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    7,603
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Jakob - HPs 10/10, AC 18 (EB 1/2, L1 2/2)

    Jakob gives a small smile of satisfaction at seeing his strike bring the Half-Ogre down. He is equally impressed by the stamina being shown by Din. He directs his horse closer to the fray coming up on the west side of Din. He calls upon Eldath to give life back to the badly injured Din.

    ***
    Move West then South
    See the spoiler - or there abouts.


    Action
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollCure Wounds Level 1 on Din - (1d8+2) (2) [4]
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.





  5. #25
    shadowthebard's Avatar
    shadowthebard is online now PbP Lvl.3 - reached 900 posts (Next Lvl.@ 2,700 posts)
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,349
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Kierion closes in to attack the orc, swinging his greatsword with grim determination.

    (Rolled in Dice thread, attack 11, damage 4)
    Last edited by shadowthebard; 01-14-2021 at 01:50 AM.

    ------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST


  6. #26
    LordFluffy's Avatar
    LordFluffy is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,987
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Cori wastes no time after the half-ogre falls, but dashes back towards the further sounds of combat, drawing on inner reserves of strength to ignore his wounds.

    OOC:
    Move: 10' SE, 20' S. Should put me just off the road.
    Action: Dodge
    Bonus: Second wind, regaining Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d10+1) [6] HP.
    Reaction: None

  7. #27
    LakethePondling's Avatar
    LakethePondling is online now PbP Lvl.2 - reached 300 posts (Next Lvl.@ 900 posts)
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    574
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Va'raa, frustrated by her lack of effectiveness in combat thus far, spurs her horse forwards. When she is within range, (60 feet) she begins to pull on her eldritch heritage. Winds begin to swirl as the space surrounding the Orc erupt into flames. (using Create Bonfire from XGE. DC 12 Reflex)





  8. #28
    Hideous is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    6,387
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Din, on the verge of falling out of his seat, once more flails at the beast. He lands another hit, knocking the orc to its senses.

    Seeing the ogre man go down Magnus’ attention is grabbed by the fleeing horse and trusting his companions to handle the orc he spurs his horse towards the fleeing mount and tries to corral it. Unfortunately, he isn't able to calm the animal down enough to grab the reins.

    Jakob gives a small smile of satisfaction at seeing his strike bring the Half-Ogre down. He is equally impressed by the stamina being shown by Din. He directs his horse closer to the fray coming up on the west side of Din. He calls upon Eldath to give life back to the badly injured Din.

    Kierion closes in to attack the orc, swinging his greatsword with grim determination. The orc is just able to get out of the way of the strike.

    Cori wastes no time after the half-ogre falls, but dashes back towards the further sounds of combat, drawing on inner reserves of strength to ignore his wounds.

    Va'raa, frustrated by her lack of effectiveness in combat thus far, spurs her horse forwards. When she is within range, (60 feet) she begins to pull on her eldritch heritage. Winds begin to swirl as the space surrounding the Orc erupt into flames. The orc was focused on dodging Kierion's strike and is taken by surprise by the magical flames.

    The orc has had enough. It wants to break and run, but it could never outrun your horses. He grits his teeth, determined to take one with him. Turning to grin and bare his bloody teeth, the orc curses the elf noble in Orcish and brings his crude two-handed axe to bear.

    Orcish
    "There's a reason your fragile and cowardly kin prefer bows."



    Authentic Forum Dice-rollGreataxe against Kieron - (d20+5) (8) [13] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (d12+3) (12) [15]

    Kierion's armor barely deflects a blow that would have otherwise cleaved the elf clean in half.

    Kierion: AC 14 - 5/14 HP
    Daurja: AC 16 - 5/11 HP (relentless endurance used)
    Cori: AC 15 - 8/12 HP
    Jakob: AC 18 - 10/10 HP
    Magnus: AC 12 - 8/8 HP
    Va'raa: AC 11 - 8/8 HP
    Orc: -10 HP
    Half-Ogre: -31 HP (dying)
    Last edited by Hideous; Today at 12:16 AM.
    "What I am saying then is just because you donít know how you manage to be conscious, how you manage to grow and shape your body, doesnít mean that youíre not doing it. Equally, if you donít know how the universe shines the stars, constellates the constellations, or galactifies the galaxies Ė you donít know but that doesnít mean that you arenít doing it just the same way as you are breathing without knowing how you breathe." -Alan Watts, Death, Part 2.

  9. #29
    Luopo's Avatar
    Luopo is online now PbP Lvl.6 - reached 14,000 posts (Next Lvl.@ 23,000 posts)
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    18,385
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    AC 18 5/11Hp

    Din once more brings his flail around and tries to dash the brains of the orc below him.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollflail - (1d20+4) (2) [6]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (1d8+2) (5) [7]

  10. #30
    LakethePondling's Avatar
    LakethePondling is online now PbP Lvl.2 - reached 300 posts (Next Lvl.@ 900 posts)
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    574
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollFire Damage - (1d8) (6) [6]





  11. #31
    Hideous is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    6,387
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Va'raa conjures another bonfire beneath the orc, and the flames once again lick happily at his legs and torso. The orc howls in agony and falls to the ground, slowly dying. The group looks around, but no other threats present themselves, and Immortal calls out from the wagon, "Aha! A fine job, all of you. Gather the horses and let us be on our way before more show up."

    OOC: I forgot to say the orc moved out from under the previous bonfire, but it doesn't matter. Its a cantrip, and it costs Va'raa nothing to cast it again in the orc's new location 5 feet away. Combat is essentially over. The orc will fail its death saves and die unless someone puts an early end to it.
    Last edited by Hideous; 01-15-2021 at 01:45 PM.
    "What I am saying then is just because you donít know how you manage to be conscious, how you manage to grow and shape your body, doesnít mean that youíre not doing it. Equally, if you donít know how the universe shines the stars, constellates the constellations, or galactifies the galaxies Ė you donít know but that doesnít mean that you arenít doing it just the same way as you are breathing without knowing how you breathe." -Alan Watts, Death, Part 2.

  12. #32
    shadowthebard's Avatar
    shadowthebard is online now PbP Lvl.3 - reached 900 posts (Next Lvl.@ 2,700 posts)
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,349
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    "No creature should suffer needlessly," Kierion says as he administers a coup de grace to the orc.

    ------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST


  13. #33
    Hideous is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    6,387
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Magnus continues focusing on reigning in Cori's horse, while Kierion dispatches of the dying orc.
    "What I am saying then is just because you donít know how you manage to be conscious, how you manage to grow and shape your body, doesnít mean that youíre not doing it. Equally, if you donít know how the universe shines the stars, constellates the constellations, or galactifies the galaxies Ė you donít know but that doesnít mean that you arenít doing it just the same way as you are breathing without knowing how you breathe." -Alan Watts, Death, Part 2.

  14. #34
    southeast is online now PbP Lvl.1 - reached 3 posts (Next Lvl.@ 300 posts)
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    204
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Managing to eventually get the reigns of the other horse and work to calm it down Magnus leads it back to the wagon and looks relieved that the combat ended without any deaths on their side. Walking the horse back to Cori he says, "thankfully it was not a band of orcs otherwise fleeing may have been the wisest course of action...anyway lets hurry away from here."
    Liam J Black - Whitecliff Watch
    Magnus Lafay - Ruins of Netheril

  15. #35
    LordFluffy's Avatar
    LordFluffy is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,987
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Cori sheathes his weapons. He says, "When I said 'trailblazer', this is what I meant. Fastest of the caravans means first of the caravans to run into any ambushers."

    He goes and retrieves his darts from the body of the half ogre. He then moves on towards his horse to aid in corralling it, planning to search the bodies once his mount is back under control.

    OOC:
    He should be at 8hp after second wind.

    If he's able to get close to his horse, he'll try to calm it enough to remount it.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAnimal handling - (1d20+3) (10) [13]

  16. #36
    Luopo's Avatar
    Luopo is online now PbP Lvl.6 - reached 14,000 posts (Next Lvl.@ 23,000 posts)
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    18,385
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Din dismounts and wonders what the little lady, Cori, was talking about concerning 'Trailblazers', was she mad or something? Din shrugged and picked up the Orc's greataxe and then anything else he was carrying and put it on his horse. "Well fought Orc", he murmured back to the Orc, then remounted and joined the rest of the group.

  17. #37
    Hideous is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    6,387
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Upon approaching the half-ogre, Cori finds the creature is unconscious but breathing, apparently having stabilized on his own.
    "What I am saying then is just because you donít know how you manage to be conscious, how you manage to grow and shape your body, doesnít mean that youíre not doing it. Equally, if you donít know how the universe shines the stars, constellates the constellations, or galactifies the galaxies Ė you donít know but that doesnít mean that you arenít doing it just the same way as you are breathing without knowing how you breathe." -Alan Watts, Death, Part 2.

  18. #38
    Hideous is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    6,387
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Din finds the orc's greataxe is crudely constructed but wickedly sharp. He also wears some smelly, worn hide armor, and carries a small pouch holding 4 gold, 10 silver, and 9 copper.
    "What I am saying then is just because you donít know how you manage to be conscious, how you manage to grow and shape your body, doesnít mean that youíre not doing it. Equally, if you donít know how the universe shines the stars, constellates the constellations, or galactifies the galaxies Ė you donít know but that doesnít mean that you arenít doing it just the same way as you are breathing without knowing how you breathe." -Alan Watts, Death, Part 2.

  19. #39
    Lycanthus's Avatar
    Lycanthus is online now PbP Lvl.5 - reached 6,500 posts (Next Lvl.@ 14,000 posts)
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    7,603
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    "Praise Eldath that is over."

    Dismounting and leading his horse around - Jakob checks the wounded and bandages as required.

    As he checks Din - "With some rest your wounds will heal. I shall conserve further use of my magic for now."

    For Cori he says as he wraps a particularly nasty wound. "For peaceful travel for the following caravans, I would recommend dispatching that Half-Ogre. But I will leave that decision to you Cori."

    He looks to approach Kierion, but he knows Elves are usually very touchy about being touched, especially when still conscious. "I am sure you can bandage your own wound" and tosses him a bandage.

    He then remounts his horse and returns to his position in the marching order.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.





  20. #40
    Luopo's Avatar
    Luopo is online now PbP Lvl.6 - reached 14,000 posts (Next Lvl.@ 23,000 posts)
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    18,385
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Having been pre-occupied in taking the Orc's greataxe and his money pouch--leaving the hide behind, Din had forgotten he was injured until Jakob mentioned it, "Good lords, you're right, I've bled all over the place. Better take care of this wound now in case we have other encounters along the road." Placing his hand over the axe wound, Din closed his eyes and quietly prayed, "Divine being, whoever you are that has graced me with this power, I thank you for this healing." The paladin's hand began to glow and almost all of his wound had healed, thanks also in part to Jakob's combat assist. "Ah, yes, better." Looking to the others, "I'm ready when you are."

    ooc: lay on hands should take Din up to 10/11HP
    Last edited by Luopo; 01-15-2021 at 05:24 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •