Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: OOC 1

Hideous is online now PbP Lvl.5 - reached 6,500 posts (Next Lvl.@ 14,000 posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthus View Post
    I can still use a healer kit... as bandages and salves.... But Yes at this point its fluff......Yes its RPG FLUFF!!!

But if you are going to potentially screw up my intended main feat due to two different sites writing it slightly differently and before it even gets a chance to be used in this game (remember its Level 4 before I get it which is a fair bit of XP away).... I'll consider leaving the team to RPG bleed all over the place in future.

Yes I know its amusing. DND fights are weird.... you fight get cut, bashed stabbed... then the moment the fight stops.... everything stops. Shoot me for wanting to at least put a little realism into my RPG.
    I wasn’t going to shoot you; I was going to award you inspiration. But now you have to apologize if you want it.
    "What I am saying then is just because you donít know how you manage to be conscious, how you manage to grow and shape your body, doesnít mean that youíre not doing it. Equally, if you donít know how the universe shines the stars, constellates the constellations, or galactifies the galaxies Ė you donít know but that doesnít mean that you arenít doing it just the same way as you are breathing without knowing how you breathe." -Alan Watts, Death, Part 2.

Lycanthus is online now PbP Lvl.5 - reached 6,500 posts (Next Lvl.@ 14,000 posts)

Then I guess I shall go without.

I'm not apologizing for being honest.

I used the item. I marked off the item. I do not have an "endless" supply of bandages as some clerics seem to think they do (talking about an actual person playing a Cleric in a Table Top game I am in for this reference) ... although I may resort to IC Tearing up a shirt for rags if things get really gritty.... good thing my guy looks completely average. I won't have all those naughty nurses trying to rip my shirt off for me.

I guess I shall just have to wait for the next thing that comes along that counts as being "Inspirational".
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthus View Post
    Then I guess I shall go without.

I'm not apologizing for being honest.

I used the item. I marked off the item. I do not have an "endless" supply of bandages as some clerics seem to think they do (talking about an actual person playing a Cleric in a Table Top game I am in for this reference) ... although I may resort to IC Tearing up a shirt for rags if things get really gritty.... good thing my guy looks completely average. I won't have all those naughty nurses trying to rip my shirt off for me.

I guess I shall just have to wait for the next thing that comes along that counts as being "Inspirational".
    I’m joking. Go ahead and take the Inspiration point.

As for the Healer feat, I’m going to rule that the restriction on gaining hit points only applies to the second method of healing and not the first. In other words, once you have the feat, you always restore 1 hit point to someone when you use the healer’s kit to stabilize them from dying, even if you have already used the kit to heal them 1d6+4+x hit points. Put another way, I’m going to adopt the “in this way” language we discussed above that clearly limits the rule to the second bullet point.

For those that are curious why, it doesn’t make sense to me the other way. Anyone can use a healer’s kit to stabilize someone and stop them from dying. People with the Healer feat get a little bonus of being able to restore someone to 1 hp rendering them conscious. That benefit should not disappear simply because the target received their once-per-rest heal. Put another way, the fact that you received healing from a person with the Healer feat does not mean that same healer is suddenly less proficient with using the kit, i.e., they don’t suddenly lose the ability to help someone regain consciousness because a bandage or salve was applied earlier.
    "What I am saying then is just because you donít know how you manage to be conscious, how you manage to grow and shape your body, doesnít mean that youíre not doing it. Equally, if you donít know how the universe shines the stars, constellates the constellations, or galactifies the galaxies Ė you donít know but that doesnít mean that you arenít doing it just the same way as you are breathing without knowing how you breathe." -Alan Watts, Death, Part 2.

southeast is online now PbP Lvl.1 - reached 3 posts (Next Lvl.@ 300 posts)

I am for moving on if my post earlier wasn't clear.
    Liam J Black - Whitecliff Watch
    Yi Hou - Claiming of Fort Gale

Luopo is online now PbP Lvl.6 - reached 14,000 posts (Next Lvl.@ 23,000 posts)

same

Quote Originally Posted by southeast View Post
    I am for moving on if my post earlier wasn't clear.

LakethePondling is online now PbP Lvl.2 - reached 300 posts (Next Lvl.@ 900 posts)

Agreed. let's press forward

Lycanthus is online now PbP Lvl.5 - reached 6,500 posts (Next Lvl.@ 14,000 posts)

Forced March rolls done in rolls thread.

Jakob is not claiming anything from the encounter.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

Just need Va'raa's rolls.

Thankfully Magnus is fresh as a daisy and can ritual cast alarm multiple times to set up a good sized perimeter.

EDIT: anyone else finding it hilarious that the only group member to pass all constitution checks was the wizard?

EDIT2: after noting down levels of exhaustion Jakob, Cori, and Magnus are the most fresh and if they split the 4 hours evenly they each could take an 80 minute watch.
    Last edited by southeast; 01-19-2021 at 11:06 AM.

shadowthebard is online now PbP Lvl.3 - reached 900 posts (Next Lvl.@ 2,700 posts)

Kierion still needs 8 hours for a long rest. He can be awake after 4 hours, but can only be vigilantly on watch for 2 hours out of the 8. With the alarm spell, though, that should be sufficient.

------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST

Magnus, what is your character's background? I'm trying to figure out where you got some of your equipment.

Archeologist from Tomb of Annihilation. Which gear are you uncertain of?

Primarily, the tent, but now I see where it came from. No worries.

DM, should be be posting actions if we beat the init of the hyena? Will a map be provided, or won't that matter?

I also wonder how hard would it be to make this a pet...

Quote Originally Posted by Luopo View Post
    DM, should be be posting actions if we beat the init of the hyena? Will a map be provided, or won't that matter?
    No, no actions yet. A map will be provided soon.

Just an FYI, Din is at 10/11hp, so he's not using any HD healing.

But Luopo, we have so many hit dice....I mean 1 whole hit dice.... :P

I thought Magnus’ watch would be over considering it seemed like hyena arrived 3 hours after it seemed they started resting. I am confused in the timeline and no if I thought it was during Magnus’ watch he would not be in his tent.

Quote Originally Posted by southeast View Post
    I thought Magnus’ watch would be over considering it seemed like hyena arrived 3 hours after it seemed they started resting. I am confused in the timeline and no if I thought it was during Magnus’ watch he would not be in his tent.
    Long Rest
    A Long Rest is a period of extended downtime, at least 8 hours long, during which a character sleeps or performs light activity: reading, talking, eating, or standing watch for no more than 2 hours. If the rest is interrupted by a period of strenuous activity—at least 1 hour of walking, Fighting, casting Spells, or similar Adventuring activity—the characters must begin the rest again to gain any benefit from it.

So you left Silverymoon around 7:00 a.m. and rode for 10 hours. You stopped at 5:00 p.m. to set up camp and rest. You volunteered to take first watch. You then spent the first hour of your watch securing your horse, setting up your tent, casting 4 ritual Alarm spells and eating some magically warmed trail rations. Because you cast Alarm spells for 44 minutes straight plus Prestidigitation to warm your rations, your watch could not technically start until 6:00 p.m. The hyena appeared at 8:00 p.m., just as your 2 hour watch shift was ending. I moved you just outside your tent next to everyone else. Your first action was to cast Mage Armor, but you technically get a move and potentially a bonus action if you want, so you can post those if you want to. You just can't post a different action for the first round. Hope this makes sense.

Also, I just need turns from Kierion and Jakob now.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast