Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Claiming of Fort Gale

Umi said there's room for a 4th player, I hope no one will mind, I will try to fill a hole that's left, let me see what you have up to now:

human artificer battle smith
    half-orc fighter champion
    half-drow rogue assassin

I'll have to think about it. Stats:

[roll]4d6rb3[/roll]
    [roll]4d6rb3[/roll]
    [roll]4d6rb3[/roll]
    [roll]4d6rb3[/roll]
    [roll]4d6rb3[/roll]
    [roll]4d6rb3[/roll]

It seems the dice roller whiffed (or I forgot how to use the code), let me try again
    [roll]4d6rb3[/roll]
    [roll]4d6rb3[/roll]
    [roll]4d6rb3[/roll]
    [roll]4d6rb3[/roll]
    [roll]4d6rb3[/roll]
    [roll]4d6rb3[/roll]

Edit: Interesting
    Edit2: I'll try rolling in the dice roll testing thread and link the results here
    Edit 3: It seems I can't do 6 rolls at once, here are the stats spread over a couple of last posts: 16, 16, 14, 13, 13, 12. Pretty nice

Uminaoshi is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)

I had trouble with it too! If I remember correctly putting a row of space in between each roll fixed it as well.

Would you kindly provide the info about dao genies? I would play a human with guild artisan background, but I'm not sure what alignment and background options to pick. I've read info from links you provided in the first post.

Uminaoshi is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)

Absolutely Elan, very sorry for not getting back to you sooner, I lost the last 3 days of my life to idiotic car troubles. That said, here is the info on dao:

To the east of Emilia, the province we're playing in, is a land called Talar. It was once part of the Eracian Empire, but seceded recently in the messy aftermath of the Elven War. The people of Talar have a strong tradition of what they call Elementalism, a magical discipline that is at its simplest a devotion to one particular element, and at its most complex a one-on-one relationship with a summoned genie.

(While djinn and efreeti have always been bitterly opposed, the dao and marids tried very hard to stay out of their conflict with each other - and against the angelic beings called the Arapashni. Around six months ago, the dao and marids were forced to choose to ally themselves with the djinn and a faction of good Arapashni when a group of mad efreeti called the First Legion brought their war to Talar. But that's kind of beside the point!)

The relationship between dao and humans has always been a very secretive, mystical one, and humans generally seek out the dao sought to submit themselves to the dao in exchange for power and guidance.

Having a dao as a warlock patron would be on the surface a different relationship than the normal act of summoning a dao, but I think the dao would treat it much the same way, but with a greater degree of control over you.

Most dao are neutral evil, however this is a significant % of them that are true neutral.
    Last edited by Uminaoshi; 01-17-2021 at 01:55 PM.

By the way I think we have a 5th player potentially joining as well - apologies for the delays in starting but I think it will be more fun with a bigger group.

Jasmal is the youngest of three children in Khalid family. Her parents are running a brewery and she started helping the family business from young age. They were also members of a crafting guild which held competitions each year and Jasmal seemed to have developed a knack for brewing a quality drink. However, she was a free spirit and leading a calm life started to become boring to her, so after a few years, she decided to travel around. Her journies brought her to Talar, where she stumbled upon and made a pact with a dao. Excited about new possibilities, she decided to become a mercenary and came to Terescu to sell her newfound talents.

All right, awesome! I'm going to touch base with our 5th applicant later today and try to get a real ETA on starting.

Also, here is the link to the campaign itself: https://www.thetangledweb.net/forums...g-of-Fort-Gale

And, it looks like we'll be beginning sooner rather than later! I will put up the intro post tomorrow, hopefully.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123