Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Claiming of Fort Gale

Uminaoshi is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)

Quote Originally Posted by southeast View Post
    I am being slower to read lore but have been sitting on artificer for awhile and would like to play him. Haven’t found info on Issha yet. How badly are they distrusted? Is it still plausible to be a reluctantly accepted medic/adventurer from there?
    It's definitely possible - you know I might have sent you an older link to my gazetteer that didn't have info on them? Issha is a country due south across the Aster Sea from the province of Emilia and the Sharkmaw Isles. Most people don't trust Isshanans for two reasons: their technology is unsettling, and most of the Isshanans people meet are smugglers. Ethnically speaking, Isshanans look South Asian. Also, gnomes have some enmity with them because they feel that Issha has reverse-engineered artifacts and tech they never intended to share with the world at large.

So it's less like full blown hostility and more that people would hesitate to trust you, but if you're a skilled adventurer and medic that won't stop them from hiring you.

Uminaoshi is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)

Okay, cool. I'll go ahead and drop the dwarf lore you need here so you don't have to go hunting for it. Dwarves live in small clans in a large mountain range about 1000 miles north of where the campaign is taking place. Some of them live north of humans, some of them live north of elves, and some of them live north of the druid-run nation of Fianna. That will determine who their allies are. Dwarves and giants are in consistent conflict, as giants used to live everywhere but have been driven north over time. Clans don't normally team up for any extended period of time, but something extraordinary happened just recently in the setting.

Just over a year ago, Kerg Balan, of the powerful Balan clan, allied himself with Fianna and was elected Warleader, a position that only lasts for a year and allows him to command other dwarf clans in battle. Some of the dwarven clans who live far to the west among the elves couldn't make it to the vote in time and were very resentful of him. So there are basically two factions of dwarven clans - ones that were happy under Clan Balan's banner, and those that were not. That will determine how you get along with other dwarves and will change your options slightly for what you spent the last year doing.

southeast is online now PbP Lvl.1 - reached 3 posts (Next Lvl.@ 300 posts)

Yeah I could not find it in the list of countries. Mechanics are pretty much done though I was wondering if he could have an adamantine hand axe as the magic item. Figure it is useful having a good cutting tool that can bypass hardness. Can we purchase healing potions?

Oh and I was wondering if he could have made a cover for his steel defender that makes it look like a real wolf dog (using leather working skill and only effecting appearance to look not like a robot).

————————————
    Yi Hou

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by southeast; 12-23-2020 at 04:32 PM.

1. You're welcome to have the adamantine handaxe as your item
    2. You can purchase normal cure wounds potions - 50g at any temple, possible discount if you're affiliated w/ a certain god
    3. your steel defender can definitely look like a dog, but if someone investigates it they may be able to tell that it's mechanical

Do you use tool rules from Xanathar?
    Liam J Black - Whitecliff Watch
    Magnus Lafay - Ruins of Netheril
    Yi Hou - Claiming of Fort Gale

Quote Originally Posted by southeast View Post
    Do you use tool rules from Xanathar?
    Yes - I need to brush up on them but I like them a lot.

Hideous is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)

I just realized I played in your Hope of the Empire game back in 2017!
    "What I am saying then is just because you donít know how you manage to be conscious, how you manage to grow and shape your body, doesnít mean that youíre not doing it. Equally, if you donít know how the universe shines the stars, constellates the constellations, or galactifies the galaxies Ė you donít know but that doesnít mean that you arenít doing it just the same way as you are breathing without knowing how you breathe." -Alan Watts, Death, Part 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Hideous View Post
    I just realized I played in your Hope of the Empire game back in 2017!
    Yep, you were Solario I believe!

Bumping this thread - I intend to leave this open for at least another week. This is going to be a fairly short and fairly combat and problem solving driven campaign, so anyone who wants to jump in should feel free!

Since I had time, I redesigned my fighter... Now introducing...

Rammus, the Lawful Good Half-Orc Fighter

"What I am saying then is just because you donít know how you manage to be conscious, how you manage to grow and shape your body, doesnít mean that youíre not doing it. Equally, if you donít know how the universe shines the stars, constellates the constellations, or galactifies the galaxies Ė you donít know but that doesnít mean that you arenít doing it just the same way as you are breathing without knowing how you breathe." -Alan Watts, Death, Part 2.

Nice! Hoping we can continue recruiting, I'll definitely need at least 3 to get started.

Lycanthus is online now PbP Lvl.5 - reached 6,500 posts (Next Lvl.@ 14,000 posts)

If you are struggling for numbers let me know and i'll whip something up. Im already in quite a few games atm though - but im a good poster regardless.

Just giving others a chance to get their characters in first.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

Lycanthus is online now PbP Lvl.5 - reached 6,500 posts (Next Lvl.@ 14,000 posts)

Since its been quiet since I last posted I will try the dice roller (again)

Authentic Forum Dice-rollStat Roll 1 - (4d6rb3) (2, 1, 5, 5, 3) [13]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollStat Roll 2 - (4d6rb3) (2, 4, 2, 6) [12]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollStat Roll 3 - (4d6rb3) (3, 6, 5, 6) [17]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollStat Roll 4 - (4d6rb3) (3, 5, 2, 5) [13]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollStat Roll 5 - (4d6rb3) (6, 5, 5, 4) [16]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollStat Roll 6 - (4d6rb3) (6, 3, 1, 4, 3) [13]

OK I submit - Elros V'Kaith - Half-Drow Rogue Assassin

I had the starting option of 2 daggers, 1 rapier 1 shortbow - I traded out one of the daggers for a shortsword.
    I also traded the Leather Armor for Studded Leather Armor. (Because that is always my first upgrade - if you prefer ill just pay the gold value of it of 45g)
    I brought 2 x healing pots 100g total (2x50g)
    1 x herbalism kit 5g
    1 x poisoners kit 50g
    Left me on 345g from the 500g.
    I chose the Headband of Intellect for my Uncommon Item. (was so tempted to go with Bag of Holding!)
    But this helps with my plan to dip into fighter and EK... which uses Int.
    L4 ASI was just that ASI - into Dex capping it at the 20.

Thanks for joining Lycanthus - my computer went down, I apologize for the silence!

I'm talking to a couple of other folks about joining, as soon as I'm sure about them we can get started.

Please remember to let me know your first and second choice cities!

1.) Terescu
    2.) Emilia
    Liam J Black - Whitecliff Watch
    Magnus Lafay - Ruins of Netheril
    Yi Hou - Claiming of Fort Gale

1) Terescu
    2) Pezane (however its spelt)

1) makes the most sense given his race and the mercenary lifestyle overlook, but truth is i'm happy to start from where-ever works best with the party as a whole.

All right! I'm going to go ahead and request a forum - Hideous, in the meantime, could you let me know your first 2 picks for cities? You don't have to align w/ the others as I might end up making you be from different cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Uminaoshi View Post
    All right! I'm going to go ahead and request a forum - Hideous, in the meantime, could you let me know your first 2 picks for cities? You don't have to align w/ the others as I might end up making you be from different cities.
    1. Terescu
    2. Pezane

Edit: Also, I am changing my alignment from lawful good to chaotic good.
    Last edited by Hideous; 01-12-2021 at 01:20 PM.

Okay - so I'm going to let you all be from Terescu, the upstart city of the south. Work has been a lot so I'm going to need a few days to prep, but I'll be providing a forum link shortly and then closing this recruitment thread. I'm looking forward to playing with all of you!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast