Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 160

Thread: A Summoning Gone Awry

  1. #101
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    479
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jflo2415 View Post
    Patrick is going in once Rekah's no longer watching him. "Wilfred, ye've got to keep everyone out of this crypt, no questions asked. Let us deal with whatever's inside." He goes inside.

    [roll0]

    (Boom! On a 12+ ask the keeper anything I want: What is it and how do we get rid of it?)
    ((The 12+ is when you advance a move with an improvement. Right now on a 10+ you hold three on read a bad situation, that said you've seemed to have already acted on your instincts to answer most of the questions you could ask, I suppose best way to get in but it's already pretty clear through the doors speaking of but before even that, how do you get in? Casey's ability allows her to teleport in but currently Patrick and Wilfred are on the other side of of barred stone doors. If you want to change your move I'll allow you to keep the roll. I.E. If you wanted to act under pressure to force the door open. You can act first and then if you need a roll we can figure out which one.))

    Quote Originally Posted by shadowthebard View Post
    "Well, if you're talking about Todd here, it seems he's destined to play a part in upcoming events," Casey responds as she summons her sword and is suddenly surrounded in golden light. She holds the sword with the blade cradled in her arm, a definitively non-aggressive posture. "The question is, why are you here? Perhaps we might be of some assistance. Oh, and could you please lower the heat? It's getting a bit too warm in here."
    ((rare occasion where manipulating a monster may be viable did you want to risk it? Or did you just want to try to talk it out like usual?))
    Last edited by No Body; 01-15-2021 at 02:07 PM.

  2. #102
    shadowthebard's Avatar
    shadowthebard is online now PbP Lvl.3 - reached 900 posts (Next Lvl.@ 2,700 posts)
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,352
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Casey is trying to Soothe any negative emotions the creature is experiencing as she talks.

    ------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST


  3. #103
    LakethePondling's Avatar
    LakethePondling is online now PbP Lvl.2 - reached 300 posts (Next Lvl.@ 900 posts)
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    660
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    "What about dispelling a summons that someone else cast? Is there anything in there about that?"





  4. #104
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,734
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    (Wait, how did Todd get in if the door is barred?)

  5. #105
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    479
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    ((Sure post #82 monster closes the door behind Todd after he rushed in alone. It was a long one so below is just the bit where it happened for quick reference.

    I'll shoot for a evening-ish update tomorrow. Give Todd a little more time before I auto pilot.))
    Quote Originally Posted by No Body View Post
    All eyes, all tendrils, all intentions bared down on the sinful might you wield and it finds it guilty. A torrent of golden limbs lash out in your direction but the harm you brace for has yet to come. The scrap of metal on stone the entry was ceased and before any could act slammed shut behind Todd closing the monsters in together.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,734
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Shit. Can't very well force the door with magic with people around either.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    479
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    "There is but one destiny for the guilty." There is no emotion behind the whirring only a problematic black and white outlook. "My duty? I am the hood, I am the witness, I am the assistant to the one whom would deal the punishment. I am to know the last wish of those to be punished... This world has already been judged and it has been found wanting, the punisher has been brought here, I but follow. What is your wish." The rings begin spinning faster another flare up imminent.

    ((I'd allow you to take 30 seconds to use magic less conspicuously... Or again you could attempt muscle the door open. You and use the same roll.))

  8. #108
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    479
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Veronica flips through a few pages in the journal falling silent for a few moments before somewhat chest-fallen says. "No such luck. It just gets... revelations-y. Angels on earth, bringers of the end time, final purpose yada yada. Closest is about the battle between demons and Angels and how there will be great casualties on both sides... But I mean you just exorcise summoned things right?"

  9. #109
    LakethePondling's Avatar
    LakethePondling is online now PbP Lvl.2 - reached 300 posts (Next Lvl.@ 900 posts)
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    660
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    "Yeah. Either excorsize the summoned or take down the summoner. This this might be in a different class though. A simple excorism might not work with it."





  10. #110
    shadowthebard's Avatar
    shadowthebard is online now PbP Lvl.3 - reached 900 posts (Next Lvl.@ 2,700 posts)
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,352
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    "I do hope most of those people have left by now," Casey mutters as she places a hand on Todd's arm and transports them both to Patrick's side.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollWeird - (2d6+1) [3]

    "Oh, hippikaloric!" she exclaims when she and Todd remain inside the crypt.
    Last edited by shadowthebard; 01-19-2021 at 12:46 AM.

    ------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST


  11. #111
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,734
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    We're still in pretty broad daylight, yea?

  12. #112
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    479
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Yep. You're safe for anything that's not loud or obvious.

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,734
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    I can't imagine a way in which forcing open a set of stone doors is not going to be loud or obvious lol. "If you do have any ideas about gettin' in there, though, now would be the time to raise your voice."

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    352
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Todd didn't think the thing in front of him would listen even if he had the best words in the world to argue it down. That was well enough for him: He just needed to keep it busy until someone smarter figured out how to make it go away. Things like this didn't just show up: There was always a catch, something that would make them vanish.

    "I do a pretty good job getting rid of things worse than me," he says, raising his 'knife' to fight. "But if you want to take me, I'm not going down without a fight. After all, once you get rolling you're not gonna stop for no-one, are you? Can't let you do that. One way or another, the buck stops with me."

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollKick Some Ass - (2d6+2) [10]
    Other Effect: You force them where you want them.

    Todd's intent is to keep this thing fixed on him. He's naturally able to soak a lot of damage, even if he's fighting something invincible to his attacks.
    Last edited by DarkisnotEvil; 01-22-2021 at 07:45 AM.

  15. #115
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    479
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    The whir grows higher in pitch as the giant blade sinks into one of it's many eyes as if it wailed out in great pain. The flames roar once more and the tendrils release the door and turn entirely on Todd attempting to crush him entirely. (Todd take 3 harm. Be sure to deduct any armor but he gets his way, as it changes from trying to kill everyone in the room and instead just Todd. The door has been released.)
    Last edited by No Body; 01-25-2021 at 07:07 PM.

  16. #116
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    479
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Vicky shrugs. "Maybe the summoner knows, no wait you said they died right? Maybe they had some information hidden away on them or something. Hey if they had any books be sure to bring them here."

  17. #117
    shadowthebard's Avatar
    shadowthebard is online now PbP Lvl.3 - reached 900 posts (Next Lvl.@ 2,700 posts)
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,352
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Realizing that Todd has drawn the creature's full focus, Casey tries the door.

    ------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST


  18. #118
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,734
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    And Patrick rushes in the door as Casey opens it, immediately summoning a wall of force between Todd and the whatever this thing is that's trying to kill him.

    (If he's just throwing up a force wall, which provides +2 Armor btw, does he need to roll something? He's not trying to attack the thing he's just trying to protect Todd. Act Under Pressure maybe?)
    Last edited by jflo2415; 01-22-2021 at 10:03 PM.

  19. #119
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    479
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Yep, roll act under pressure

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,734
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAct Under Pressure - (2d6+1) [6]

    Sigh. Love to mark experience but I think I need to use Luck on this one. Too important.
    Last edited by jflo2415; 01-23-2021 at 06:53 PM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •