Thread: Looking for group to Monster of the Week.

Default Looking for group to Monster of the Week.

Hello, I'm looking for a group to play Monster of the week. I'll act as keeper and can provide source materials to those that require them. Plot, world and character creation set to take place in a session 0.

Fundamentally you'll play a team of monsters hunters Ala Buffy, Supernatural, Charmed, etc... in a modernish setting.

Looking for 2 to 4 players, no experience with monster of the week or powered by the apocalypse necessary. It is a narrative forward system that revolves around solving mysteries and tracking down monster resolving in one big fight at the end. Rinse and repeat.

What system are you using: Monster of the week
    What medium: PbP
    How often will you require people to post: Thrice weekly
    What kind of action(s) will be taken if a person does not post within the required time: Scene will proceed with reasonable action assumed or skipped. Persistent inactivity will lead to character removed in a serviceable fashion.
    Any supplementary programs needed: acrobat or equivalent to fill out pdf character sheet
    What house rules does the game have: Will determine in session 0
    What restrictions are there on source material: Monster of the week revised and tome of mysteries available
    How do players create their characters: Access formfill sheets from https://www.evilhat.com/home/monster...eek-resources/
    What other restrictions and/or requirements are there: None but subject to change if need arises.

Yes! Yes! Monster of the Week! I've been wanting to play something in the PbtA system like that forever. And I'm also really stoked that you used the word "thrice" in your ad. Count me in.

Fantastic! You make 3, which means you'll have third pick of playbook if you desire.

I'm thinking we're closing in on getting to starting session 0 territory so I'll shoot you over a pm with some materials you can look over and get prepared.
    Last edited by No Body; 12-02-2020 at 10:07 PM.

shadowthebard is online now PbP Lvl.3 - reached 900 posts (Next Lvl.@ 2,700 posts)

Definitely interested. I've been wanting to try PbtA for a while.

------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST

Wunderbar! Let's call it four. I'll leave recruitment open for now just to let everyone get acquainted with the material in the meanwhile.

yea, Shadow! I have access to the books and materials, no worries there.

Thanks everybody, looks like we have a potential group of five so I'll close up shop for now.