Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are you playing these days?

The Warlock of Firetop Mountain is currently 90% off on Switch (was thirty bucks and is now only three) and is pretty much right up the alley of everyone who plays PbP. It's essentially a single-player DnD campaign/choose your own adventure thing with grid-based combat and lots to explore. It isn't perfect, but it'll scratch the right itches and for three bucks, how can you go wrong?

After somehow missing it for twenty years, thanks to my lovely wife's Christmas present to me I played Planescape last night for the first time in my life.

Man...talk about an RPG that lives up to its considerable hype. What a gem

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlinmc View Post
    After somehow missing it for twenty years, thanks to my lovely wife's Christmas present to me I played Planescape last night for the first time in my life.

Man...talk about an RPG that lives up to its considerable hype. What a gem
    Sir.... planescape is fantastic. How can you not have played it? Glad to hear you are finally getting to it.

I’m playing too many things now. Got a new gaming PC for Christmas, and so I’m trying out all the things on the highest settings. Haha
    "Ho there wanderer... Stay thy course a moment to indulge an old man." ~Elminster, BG1, just outside Candlekeep

For Evil to triumph, all good men must do is nothing. The corollary to that proverb is that sometimes evil must be done by honorable men for the greater good to triumph. ~Twilight Warriors

I genuinely don't know how I allowed myself to miss this game, Fox. I knew it was famous and awesome, but somehow life just slipped by and it never happened. I'm glad I've finally found it though. I've spent hours just wandering around The Hive, making allies, taking quests and killing random thugs. There's a whole multiverse out there and I'm captivated by the opening town alone!

The ultimate geek move was selling Planescape and Icewind Dale in the same package. No doubt Planescape has the better story, but there's also something wildly enticing about venturing into the Vale of Shadows once more for some yeti-killin' good times. To be able to flip back and forth between these two games on my Switch without having to actually take a game cartridge out is a DnD fanboy's dream come true.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12