Thread: Upload quota exceeded

Rya.Reisender is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)

Default Upload quota exceeded

I can no longer upload pictures of maps to the forum, I get the following error message:

TempleOfHowlingHatred.jpg - Exceeds your quota by 30.68 MB. Click here to view your attachments

Sum of all attachments owned by Rya.Reisender: 78.08 MB

Current Attachment Total: 78.08 MB

There was no quota before and clicking the link just brings me a list of emoticons, so I have no way to delete old attachments.

Note, that the files I upload are only 100-300kb, but I upload one every few days (updated map).

Any help, please?
    Last edited by Rya.Reisender; 10-29-2020 at 11:55 AM.

Blog Entries

I can't solve your issue on the site, but having dealt with things like this all over the internet. My current setup is using Irfanview which is freeware to screenshot then resize or cut as needed then pasting to Imgur and linking where it's needed for folks to just click on. It's all free, and circumvents limitations on size or format. Might be an immediate solution for you.
    Hacking pathfinder on no sleep. Classed games are boring af.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rya.Reisender View Post
    I can no longer upload pictures of maps to the forum, I get the following error message:

TempleOfHowlingHatred.jpg - Exceeds your quota by 30.68 MB. Click here to view your attachments

Sum of all attachments owned by Rya.Reisender: 78.08 MB

Current Attachment Total: 78.08 MB

There was no quota before and clicking the link just brings me a list of emoticons, so I have no way to delete old attachments.

Note, that the files I upload are only 100-300kb, but I upload one every few days (updated map).

Any help, please?
    Hey Rya,

Sorry to hear you are having issues.

Let me look into this and get back with you. I have a feeling it has something to do with the backlog of BattleMaps and such in your game - Going strong since 2017 I see! Congrats! - But I'm not sure why it would now show you as going so far over the limit (Of which there is one - 50 MB for our standard Free Account) if you weren't before.

As a temporary work around, until I can get you an answer, Magrus's advice is solid - Hosting pictures on an image hosting site like Imgur and linking to them here is a good way to avoid any issues with regards to limits on size and format.
    "Ho there wanderer... Stay thy course a moment to indulge an old man." ~Elminster, BG1, just outside Candlekeep

For Evil to triumph, all good men must do is nothing. The corollary to that proverb is that sometimes evil must be done by honorable men for the greater good to triumph. ~Twilight Warriors

At the top of the page, click Settings. On that page, in the My Settings area on the left, look for Attachments under Miscellaneous.

Somewhere between reality and my own fantasy

What Drew is trying to suggest is that you can clean out your older attachments using that, which should bring your total way down and let you get back to posting images.
    "Behold I have become Death, Destroyer of worlds."
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Basic Rules, Altered by me
    Disclaimer: [Your DM, TTW and] Wizards of the Coast [are] not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, opening hidden coffins, shaking up or mixing unfinished alchemical potions, throwing a stick past a werewolf and yelling "Fetch!", angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, ďAre you really sure?Ē

Rya.Reisender is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)

Thanks for the hints.

I guess I can "solve" it by deleting attachments, will just check with my players if they are okay with me removing them.

Too bad a limit like that was added (okay you said there should always have been one but there obviously wasn't).

(Can my players transfer their quota to me maybe?)

Note: I didn't really want to upload pictures to some other site due to license rights of the maps. It's the reason why I put password protection to the forum in the first place.
    Last edited by Rya.Reisender; 10-30-2020 at 09:19 AM.

The site came under new ownership a couple of months ago and we are going to be doing a huge remodel in late February. Until then, and in preparation for that, we have just been slowly walking the halls of this dusty old house, checking out every room and every closet and making sure the place is structurally ready for an overhaul that large. A lot of little things were broken or needed resetting. Usually it caused something good to happen or the site to improve. In this one specific case, however, I'm sorry to say that what it did was finally include all users under its upload quota rules instead of just some users, which may come as a disappointment to the users who were previously enjoying unlimited attachment uploads due to the broken system, but it was always supposed to be this way. The site itself has only so much disk space to give out, so basic free accounts are allotted 50 MB, which we thought was pretty good for how many users TTW has. Unfortunately transferring of quotas is not possible at this time. I apologize.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rya.Reisender View Post
    Note: I didn't really want to upload pictures to some other site due to license rights of the maps. It's the reason why I put password protection to the forum in the first place.
    Artist rights and user rights and copyrights and such make sharing things like this a real bother. I've got two custom pieces of artwork in my forum I paid for but share the license to with the artist, for example. Generally speaking, I've found artists who do artwork for gaming like this to be pretty reasonable in the arena of use with intent for gamers to enjoy things. I imagine the artist in question would understand your situation. Google's issues aside, you *could* upload your images into a google folder and get the emails of your players and only share it with those emails temporarily which is the equivalent of a password protection. Then it's just you, your group and google.
    Hacking pathfinder on no sleep. Classed games are boring af.

Looks like Blackfox gave you a Reputation boost, which was all you needed to graduate up from just a Basic Spider to an Advanced Spider, which means your upload limit is 75 MB now, so there's a bit of good news.