Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OOC

Default OOC

OOC standard thread for all OOC chatter.
    Hacking pathfinder on no sleep. Classed games are boring af.

So we lack things like Spoiler and being able to Private tag stuff until the forum update in February I think it is here Nat. For the moment, I'm just trying to recreate what was lost when I killed my server in my DM org thread in a manner that also serves as informing you of things useful that your char would know like the NPC thread with a list of Merc's, which you saw before. They are on a 2 gp/Level daily setup for "Combat Duty against the odds" level of danger base, just so a reminder. So a 12 gp daily merc is a level 6 merc. I think you were previously interested in Konrad and Dannae and maybe May from our talk a while back?

Resslin's Depot will be your place for neutral trading options South of the Var if you want to find someone non-hostile to trade and a place to camp that is guarded, and it roams along the river bank. If you want to cross over the river again, that's doable, but there's a cost either in bridge tolls, or risk of crossing the mighty Var. I've linked a bunch of sheets just for *my* purposes for easy referral, the only one that should be visible to you is the list of goods available for Resslin's depot currently. The rest should be private linked just for me so I can pull a sheet as needed easily without digging through my clogged g. drive manually down the line. Eventually when the Vbulliten update goes through next year, we should be able to do things like spoiler and private lock I believe which will allow me to hide things and keep them out of sight so you don't need to scroll past them.For now though, just a heads up on what is going on there.

I know you are busy with family and the work situation, if you need help with a unit or two, just lemme know. I can tackle one or two for the XP buy quickly and let you handle skills, feats and gear for example like I have been with my recruit thread.

natural19 is online now PbP Lvl.1 - reached 3 posts (Next Lvl.@ 300 posts)

Its cool. Lets let the lurkers have some fun. If we are interesting enough to have some lurkers. Been having a hard time with sleep this week, but I am getting into a good schedule and will be able to get some things done, hopefully this weekend. I am changing my mind on some mercs, so I will get back to you when I realize how many I can keep on retainer. Maybe that Hobgoblin Shaman, for example. A non evil goblinoid tribe as allies would be useful.

I had a bunch of stuff in notepad but I lost it, but I will be able to recreate it without issue. I had a package plan for followers, and higher level versions were just add a couple of features here and upgrade core stuff there.

Sure, when you get a list, hit me up and I can finish those particular NPC's you happen to be interested in.

How are things bud? Did you need any help with anything?

I am doing fine. Got distracted with election crap and now prepping to run Palladium Fantasy for my cousin. I have been working on my characters here as well. I should have things up and all next week.

I feel you, from the pan into the fire now. Alright, if you have an idea of what mercs if any you want to hire, lemme know so I can prep those this week then.

No problem. It'll be expensive but these 5 really stand out to me. May, Dellilah, Dannae, Tyrion, and Amon, for 1980 gp a month.

Alrighty, I'll tackle those. Did you want full control of them as long as you pay?

If you want one or two for local hint dropping that's fine. Maybe I control them in combat and if you need one to give advice or complain here or there, then just use that one. Have a little rp.

Right on, I'll work on getting sheets setup for you to use then and I'll edit those links in my DM org thread post so they are visible then now so you can work that in your planning so you have an idea of what they are capable of. The nitty gritty finishing touches will come along slowly as I button them up when in the right mindset then around my other stuff.

Been a weird week. I should have plenty of time tomorrow though.

Thanks for the heads up, and it's been that way here. Fridge sprung a leak, stepdad is in quarantine, we're all sick here. Hit me up if you need a hand though. I'll be around in some capacity all weekend.

I've tackled the trolling my lady pulled on me and fixed the links for your mercs in my DM Org thread. >.< We have basic gear, skills, feats, xp buy, combat stats for them now. Lets hope it holds. When you get your stuff together we can start bud.

I am still here. Been a busy week and a half, but I am nearly ready to post things and I hope to be able to start next week. Been a little distracted with the rework to my tree hugging elves lately, and got 3 Kingdoms at 30% off, so conquered China with Sun Jiang as well.

Good to hear bud, and that's nice. I heard it's near unplayable without some of the DLC from my WH2 coops, is that true? I can throw something together for you when you are ready bud to kick things off.

3 kingdoms is certainly playable as is, least on easy. Might be saying its too easy on hard or something. I only have the free DLC. Also, I am playing the romance campaign, they might be talking about the historical version for all I know. You can choose if you have Chinese superheroes or have historical accuracy, whichever you prefer. I think their xbows suck other than heavy and then I'd still have mostly bow archers with a couple heavy xbows as back line defense.

Of the 3 kingdoms warlords, I was choosing between Liu Bei and Sun Jiang and I ended up with Sun Jiang since his special unit mercenaries really make a huge difference in the game. They come fully replenished at hiring, and even at low ranks you can get the mercenary infantry and mercenary archers are hirable at rank 3. It is very different in army setup though, you might want to read the wiki.

Also, dawi have charge defense against large now in WH2. There is a wood elf forest right next to Karaz Karak though. And wood elves can now teleport, with a charge down, between magic forests now, so they might come in after you conquered it to try and take it back.
    Last edited by natural19; 12-12-2020 at 02:35 AM.

Neat, I bought 3K a while back and played a bit as Liu Bei but haven't gone back to it.

Yeah I've played a coop with a guy recently as Belegar and he was the twin sisters. Apparently in MP you can auto-confed some of the other wood elf lords in Athel Loren turn 1 which is ridiculous busted. So he got Durthu and Findol turn 1, by turn 27 Thorgrim was overrun by waaghs on my end and wiped out. Nice balancing from CA lol. I burn out the orcs in that forest when I play as Karaz a Karak because they end up warring me and inevitably one of my neighbors settles that, I let them deal with the Welves headache later on.

So we will start I think with you folks crossing the bridge I mentioned prior and an encounter here that will let you utilize your units in the field as an intro. We'll go from here when you are ready as your intro to the badlands which showcases a bit of why you are running South. So when you are ready hit me with your bag of sheets on the forum and I will set that up for you.

No idea about it in coop, but in single player campaign, I need to build level 2 Oak, to get the 2 minor lords confederation quests (I had to win 3 battles with greenskins and brettonia for those 2), and then Durthu and Orion, at level 3, were (beat dawi 3 times and raze 10 cities respectively.) You get a quest for the other lords, other than the evil tree. But the ones next to Karak were dead, and the evil tree was invaded by the Empire. I haven't met the southern new world elves yet, but the Laurelorn want me to whoop some Norscans, and the Bowmen in the desert want me to whoop them in 1 battle, and then the remainder will join me. The sisters just get so damn many artifacts so they make the dawi look incompetent at crafting by comparison. In combat having 2 archers with swords on a dragons back is also pretty damn powerful.

Yeah, in coop you can circumvent some things and throw money at everyone in the original wood elf lands except Orion on turn one, it's nutty. Just typical pay for op new stuff that plagues both the video gaming and tabletop industry. It's silly welves get that much equipment, but not surprised.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast