Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 71.5 Plans in the Planning

Luopo is online now PbP Lvl.6 - reached 14,000 posts (Next Lvl.@ 23,000 posts)

Default Chapter 71.5 Plans in the Planning

Leaving the near future in the hands of a coin flip, Cormack turns away from the temple of ceara after the flip determines it isn't meant to be. The dragon mage sleeps fitfully that night as he dreams he's being pulled down a river, letting it take him where it wills, but see's many rocks and falls in his future.

In the morning he rises in his new house and finds it chilly and a bit stuffy. He heads to Axar's place, greets the dwarro and his kin and is soon joined by the others. Heading out and meeting at a nearby diner by the name of, The Stump, the group sits down to plates of eggs, fish and a medley of vegetables. To drink is hot coffee and tea.

ooc: Authentic Forum Dice-rollhow does it taste? - (1d6) [1] 1 Awful; 2 Not good; 3-4 Okay; 5 Pretty good; 6 The Best

xcylla is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)

Althir chokes down the first bite and washes it down with hot tea. Even the tea tastes bad. The fendari acts like a child mixing his food together in an attempt to make it look like he's eaten more than the one taste. The eggs were undercooked, the fish was dry, and the vegetables did not mesh well with the eggs and fish.

Althir looked to Cormack. "When we finish eating we can head over to your new house." The warlock pushes the food about his plate and says "So, we plan to take the Wayward Moon to Stormgate? We can leave it there? How long? We want to time our travels."

Lycanthus is online now PbP Lvl.5 - reached 6,500 posts (Next Lvl.@ 14,000 posts)

There was very little Ivar would turn his nose up after growing up on the streets of Jasrel. But by the gods this was coming damn close to it. Still not wanting to be bedridden on a sailing ship with food-poisoning... he pushes the half-full plate away from him... proclaiming himself "Full". Although its clear he is lying.

He also wonders whose socks had ended up in the coffee and just how many days worn they were. Giving up entirely when after the 3rd sip he is convinced they were at least a month old.

"Yes, the sooner we can begin our journey ... " he coughs lightly as he pushes the cup away "the better"
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

LordFluffy is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)
    Blog Entries

Cormack, dressed in his more relaxed yet dignified clothes, takes a bite of the food and pushes it away.

"This is the reason that practitioners of magic should be allowed to do so openly. When I was trained, one of my first tasks was to find a way to use magic to flavor my master's morning oats. Then again, this meal may be beyond my skills.

"Speaking of which, the High Priestess, I fear, has not forgotten me or my answer to her riddles. I was turned away at the temple, or more accurately I was given the option of suffering the Priestess' judgement and I declined.

"Is there any objection to me attempting the Charm today, given that state of affairs?"

Luopo is online now PbP Lvl.6 - reached 14,000 posts (Next Lvl.@ 23,000 posts)

At the mention of magic, several customers nearby finish eating, rise and leave The Stump.

Spellblade is online now PbP Lvl.6 - reached 14,000 posts (Next Lvl.@ 23,000 posts)

Zavros growls, "To be clear any magic in Stormgate will get you burned at the stake. You hate it here in Jasrel? It will be far worse in our next destination so make up your mind what you want to do."

Thankful that his stomach has settled and his one or two days of feeling unwell are behind him, Tru just uses an old trick he learned a long time ago and makes sure to chew small bites at the back of his mouth, keeping it off of his tongue as much as possible, and he does not breathe through his nose at all while chewing or drinking or in the moments after finishing a drink. This keeps him mostly from tasting the food and drink, once he learns how bad it is, because he's too hungry to miss another meal. Other than that, he just listens to the conversation and watches with slight concern as a few patrons suddenly leave early.

zebsen is online now PbP Lvl.6 - reached 14,000 posts (Next Lvl.@ 23,000 posts)

Axar can offer little assistance. He offers no objection to Cormack's thoughts on attempting the Charm. He was becoming numb to the challenges of using magic in a world that generally hated it. He really liked Cormack, and didn't want to see him fail again, but was beyond the point of being able to understand Conduits. During one of his more recent drinking binges, he had a eureka moment: perhaps they were mostly gone from existence due to the difficulties in actually crafting them, not due to the knowledge being well hidden.

He thought about keeping his voice down, but seeing Cormack had already cleared out the locals, he can only comment to Althir, "I think Stormgate is the next destination. Do we need to keep a low profile given our decision to spread... err... forbidden knowledge and the presence of the Gray Seers?"

Althir shrugged his shoulders. "I've decided I can't spend any more time worrying about the Gray Seers. They will do what they want to do. I'm more worried about our inability to stay focused on the dangers of our words. This could be a death sentence in Stormgate."

Spellblade is online now PbP Lvl.6 - reached 14,000 posts (Next Lvl.@ 23,000 posts)

Zavros laughs, "You speak truly. Too many people can't keep their traps shut when it comes to magic. I won't name names but you know who you are."

LordFluffy is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)
    Blog Entries

Cormack looks down at his badge and those of the other casters at the table.

"It's not my fault that so many in this town seem to be nearsighted yet have perfect hearing.

"Rest assured, I am capable of discretion.

"But that does not answer my question."

zebsen is online now PbP Lvl.6 - reached 14,000 posts (Next Lvl.@ 23,000 posts)

Axar nods and reminds everyone, "Look, here people distrust magic. Run from it. They may dislike it more than dwarro. I'm not sure. In Stormgate, they're going to run and summon guards. Casting openly is a death sentence. I'm not saying that it should be that way. And it's easy for me to say cause I have the casting skills of dead salmon. Just everyone try to remember - no amount of free ale is going to save us if someone casts there."

Zavros pounds the table, "Well said!"

Arkady is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)

"Cormack, I do not object to you trying today. I will ward you home as best I can," Hildegard replies. "Let us be discrete."

Althir said, "I'd rather not risk another dragon bone. We know that Fennon is secure."

Zavros says, "Can we hunt down these trolls or naga or whatever on the way to Fennon? This airship has me tapped out on gold."

Atlhir said, "We can inquire when we get to Stormgate on bounties on trolls. I'm not sure the naga have any gold or have to become a threat requiring a bounty."

Zavros nods, "Aye, let us see if any bounties present themselves."

Blog Entries

Cormack says, "​Very well. I can take the roll of translator in this town we're going to. I will leave my caster insignia here, if that would be best, and acquire a few extra blades to look less out of place."

Althir said, "Our plan is to leave Stormgate as quickly as possible. We hopefully arrive early in the day or by mid-day at the latest. Zavros can make the arrangements for the ship and the training of the crew. We'll check for any bounties so we can make some money. We'll spend the night and either guard a caravan or travel with one."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast