Thread: Chapter 71.3 Temple visit

Luopo is online now PbP Lvl.6 - reached 14,000 posts (Next Lvl.@ 23,000 posts)

Default Chapter 71.3 Temple visit

When night slowly approached, Cormack, with Axar joining for support, left for the Temple of Ceara. Half an hour later they were at the base of the hill and the end of the long line to climb the long winding steps upwards to the temple proper. Forward and to their left, some of the richer individuals of Jasrel paid the 10gp per head to take the basket up to the promontory, bypassing the hours long line that both Cormack and Axar had joined.

LordFluffy is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)

Cormack, dressed in his proper scholarly robes, properly dressed, and masked to cover his facial scars, offers to pay the 10gp to the guards.

An additional touch of offering, I suppose, he muses to himself.Sebastian is in his familiar's sidespace, confident Axar is enough to watch his back.

He asks his companion, "Do want to come up with me? I'll pay for you. I am fine with you staying down, too. I expect at some point I will need to do this contemplation alone."

zebsen is online now PbP Lvl.6 - reached 14,000 posts (Next Lvl.@ 23,000 posts)

Default Chapter 71.3 Temple visit

Axar says, "I will wait here if that is okay. I would have to leave Kinslayer behind with the guards to go with you otherwise. And if things go south in the temple, I doubt I can help you anyway. If you aren’t back by nightfall, I will get the others."

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Nodding his goodbye, Cormack goes to the basket, pays his fee and ascends to the promontory of the temple hill. Below, Axar looks about and notes a small bistro, The Talmus, nearby selling drinks and small appetizers. Looking at the prices, they seem a bit higher than normal--perhaps taking advantage of the queue and the thirsty and hungry people waiting in it.

Arriving at the top, Cormack is let out and he heads to the temple proper. At the large open double doors he notes the standard compliment of two female guards holding tridents. The dragon mage falls in line with the rest of the worshippers and attempt to head inside. He is immediately met with an invisible force that blocks his entry. This causes the guards to lower their tridents against Cormack and call for reinforcements. One guard asks vehemently, "Who are you? State your purpose!"

LordFluffy is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)

Cormack bows low.

"I come to pray, make an offering, and seek the blessing of the Goddess."

"Your name..." asks the guard again as four more guards and a priestess arrives. "Cormack, isn't it?" states the priestess.

"Cormack Pearbranch, yes."

A knot grows in Cormack's stomach.

"Raise your spears, sisters," the priestess says to the guards and they comply immediately. "Cormack Pearbranch, you have two options. One, you can leave these grounds of your own volition, or two, I call for the high priestess and she shall decide what happens to you. What do you choose?"

Cormack looks at them, pulls out a coin, says "Hail Ceara", and flips it.

He says, "Send your priestess my regards, but apparently I am not to make amends today. Farewell."

He then turns to leave.

Still wary, the guards remain watching Cormack as he leaves. When gone, they resume their normal duties.