Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 45

Thread: The Basilisk of Baldur's Gate

  1. #1
    Hideous is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,947
    Rep Power
    50

    Default The Basilisk of Baldur's Gate

    The next day, Raymend picks up his special order of sling bullets and at least one crossbow is replaced. Afterwards, Elminster teleports you to sewers of Baldur's Gate to face off against a dreaded basilisk. You explore most of the area, including a large cavern to the east and an underground pool to the south beyond a room shaped like an inverted pedestal. As you reach an intersection in the tunnel structure, you realize there is only one corridor left to explore to the south. In the dim light cast off by Raymend's torch, the party is able to see an opening in the passageway to up ahead. Beyond the opening, the pool beckons.

    Last edited by Hideous; 10-15-2020 at 01:59 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Raymend sends the US down the hallway 15 ft


  3. #3
    Lycanthus's Avatar
    Lycanthus is online now PbP Lvl.5 - reached 6,500 posts (Next Lvl.@ 14,000 posts)
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    7,145
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Karzac moves down the hallway - stopping before the room on the eastern wall.

    His shield up - he listens for what he presumes will be a noisy large snake moving....
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.





  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Italy, Texas
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,866
    Rep Power
    60

    Default

    Tuff follows right behind Karzac.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,217
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Talanta brings up the rear, as usual, bow at the ready.

    ------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST


  6. #6
    Hideous is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,947
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    The team advances towards the final room, making no attempt at stealth. The basilisk responds in kind, noisily skittering forward and exiting the room to face them. Everyone roll initiative!

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollBasilisk Init - (d20-1) (5) [4]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollKarzac Init - (d20+1) (2) [3]


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Italy, Texas
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,866
    Rep Power
    60

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTuff Init - (1d20) [7]

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,217
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTalanta Initiative - (1d20+3) [7]

    ------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollIniv - ( 1d20 +3 ) [19]


  10. #10
    Hideous is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,947
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Everyone but Karzac is able to react before the basilisk. The stout dwarf blocks the passageway, keeping the beast out of Tuff's reach. Behind both of them, Raymend's unseen servant holds up a mirror in the dim light. Talanta and Raymend remain at the rear, poised at the intersection of the hallway.

    OOC: Since none of you are surprised by the basilisk's shitty stealth attempt, you can choose to quickly avert your eyes at the start of the turn. If you do, you attack at disadvantage. If you don't, please roll a DC 12 Constitution check to avoid the gaze. This does not apply to Raymend and Talanta who are more than 30 feet away at the moment. If they move to within 30 feet of the basilisk, they must roll. If you choose to avert your eyes now but look at the basilisk at any time before your next turn, you must roll.

    Initiative

    Ray (15/15 AC 15)
    Talanta (18/18 AC 14)
    Tuff (20/20 AC 16)
    Basilisk (52/52 AC 15)
    Karzac (20/20 AC 19)


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Raymend sticks his head around the corner and cast viscous mockery
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - ( 1d4 ) [3]


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,217
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Talanta sends an arrow flying at the basilisk.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollLongbow - (1d20+7) [23]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+3) [8]
    Last edited by shadowthebard; 10-29-2020 at 11:58 PM.

    ------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Italy, Texas
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,866
    Rep Power
    60

    Default

    Tuff averts and then backs up until she can successfully include every ally within a casting of Bless and then she does so.

  14. #14
    Hideous is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,947
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    OOC: So just to be clear, Tuff is casting Bless on Ray, Talanta and Karzac and not herself, right?

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollWisdom Save vs DC 13 Vicious Mockery - (d20-1) (7) [6]

    On fail, take 3 damage and have disadvantage on attack versus Karzac Authentic Forum Dice-rollDisadvantage Roll - (d20+5) (20) [25] vs AC 19.

    The basilisk hisses as Ray’s spell takes effect. It’s rebuttal attack still finds Karzac however, and the dwarf grunts as it bites his arm savagely.

    OOC 2: Karzac is up and has to choose whether to avert his eyes or not. Then everyone else gets their second round actions before the basilisk goes again. I will update the map tomorrow when I get to work, but it’s basically the same except Tuff is backed up 10 feet just behind the unseen servant.

    Initiative
    Ray (15/15 AC 15)
    Talanta (18/18 AC 14)
    Tuff (20/20 AC 16)

    Basilisk (41/52 AC 15)
    Karzac (10/20 AC 19)
    Last edited by Hideous; 11-01-2020 at 12:46 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Raymend will once again poke his head around the corner and cast Viscous mockery
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - ( 1d4 ) [1]
    And a healing word at Karzac
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollHealing - ( 1d4+3 ) [7]


  16. #16
    Hideous is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,947
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Here's an updated map. Did my best to drop a grid over as much of it as I could right now. Turns out Tuff did not have to back up at all to include everyone else in her Bless spell.


  17. #17
    Lycanthus's Avatar
    Lycanthus is online now PbP Lvl.5 - reached 6,500 posts (Next Lvl.@ 14,000 posts)
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    7,145
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Karzac - AC19 - HPs 10/20 (Blessed / AS Available / SW Available)

    Karzac grunts as the Basilisk attacks.

    He is most unhappy that the beast has scored the first hit.

    He averts his eyes and swings once and then draws upon newfound reserves to swing again - hoping to repay the beast in kind.... followed quickly by mentally willing some of the Health back into his body, before once again placing his shield before him in an effort to block the next strike from the beast.

    ***
    Action
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTo Hit - (2d20w1+1d4+5) (2, 3) (1) [8] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+3) (3) [6]
    Action Surge
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTo Hit - (2d20w1+1d4+5) (3, 9) (4) [12] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+3) (7) [10]
    Bonus Action
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSecond Wind - (1d10+2) (2) [4] HPs returned.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.





  18. #18
    Hideous is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,947
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Both of Karzac's attacks miss despite Tuff's blessing. Meanwhile, between his Second Wind and Raymend's Healing Word, the dwarf is good as new.

    Initiative
    Ray (15/15 AC 15) (blessed)
    Talanta (18/18 AC 14) (blessed)
    Tuff (20/20 AC 16) (concentrating: bless)
    Basilisk (41/52 AC 15)
    Karzac (20/20 AC 19) (blessed)
    Last edited by Hideous; 11-02-2020 at 01:11 PM.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Italy, Texas
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,866
    Rep Power
    60

    Default

    Tuff backs up 10 feet to the north, keeps her concentration on maintaining Bless, and yells at Raymend to have his Unseen Servant go set down the mirror and then poke the basilisk in the eyes repeatedly.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,217
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Talanta feels the warmth of the blessing surround her as she lines up her next shot.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollLongbow with Bless - (1d20+1d4+7) [28]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+3) [4]

    ------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •