Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 71.2 Questions answered

Luopo is online now PbP Lvl.6 - reached 14,000 posts (Next Lvl.@ 23,000 posts)

Default Chapter 71.2 Questions answered

After her short sequester to speak with the dead, Hildegard walks back to the group a short distance in the cargo hold of the Wayward Moon.

xcylla is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)

Althir nodded to Hildegard, "Did you find out anything?"

Arkady is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)

"That I should ask better questions. I cannot ask more without breaking my vows," Hildegard replies.

She shares the five questions and the Yuan-ti's answers.

"I can follow-up with Commune. Have any of you suggestions? Ideas for questions are welcomed."
    Last edited by Arkady; 10-11-2020 at 03:54 PM. Reason: "three" replaced with "five"

Althir said, "I would rather we concentrate on Cormack's problem. We can consider the prospects of the Chaldera after we secure Cormack a place for his ritual."

zebsen is online now PbP Lvl.6 - reached 14,000 posts (Next Lvl.@ 23,000 posts)

Axar nods. He says, "Cormack comes first. After that though, maybe something like along the lines of "Is the Chaldera of Nagara aligned or seeking to align with Phaedra?"

He looks at the others for their thoughts.

Althir nodded his head, "That is a good question."

Axar shrugs and says, "It is probably too much to hope that if they are seeking him that he has turned over a new leaf and is wanting to help us. Why they seek him though is interesting. If they were all evil and aligned in one goal, they wouldnít likely be seeking him."

Envoyť de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Spellblade is online now PbP Lvl.6 - reached 14,000 posts (Next Lvl.@ 23,000 posts)

Zavros leans back in his chair, "I second that suggestion. We need to know if these nagara are working with Phaedra."

Lycanthus is online now PbP Lvl.5 - reached 6,500 posts (Next Lvl.@ 14,000 posts)

"hold on ... i'm getting confused. The trolls were looking for the chaldera... which are the snake things... but the snake things were looking for the chaldera as well?"
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

Hildegard describes to Cormack and the Moonlit Swords what she will need to do to ward interupting spirits, so that the dragon-mage has a better chance of success with the Charm of Making.

"I have a request Cormack. I can only do this with the blessing of Ceara. In a sense, if She does not wish the ground to be made hallow, it will not be."

"I ask you atone for failing to trust the Mother of Storms. I ask you for an act of redemption, done beforehand "

LordFluffy is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)

Cormack says, "My new home should be private enough to carry out the ritual, I will remind.

"As for atonement, I am back at where I was with your priestess: for what? I was asked a riddle that I could not answer. I was given an instruction I followed to the letter and she was upset with the outcome.

"I've committed no offense to your goddess of which I'm aware. What would you want me to do to make amends when I still have no idea what I've done wrong?"

"You hide in specificity."

"The Mother Superior asked you to jump. You failed by not jumping. You wanting to Fly and you argued, " Hildegard replied. "You did the same thing then, wanting more explanations when it was time to act."

The daughter of the storm is sad and pragmatic about Cormack's self-absolution or denial. One may as well be the other.

"A false act of sacrifice, contrition or atonement will be seen for what it is. If you will not take the leap, so be it." Hildegard continues. "Prayer works. Consider going to the Temple of Ceara and praying. It is She who will be be manifesting a level of protection for you, through me."

"Or do nothing. If you will only act on the most specific of instructions, you will always find a reason the instructions are unspecific enough." She shrugs. "What will happen will happen. Making good with the Mother Superior is not a guarantee."

Hildegard moves on to the ceremony itself.

"Your home is not as good a place for the ritual of the Charm of Making as was the Guildhall in the Moonlit Cove. I will create a makeshift and temporary holy barrier. I will need you to clean the place at many levels."

Hildegard holds up a broom. She has one for herself. She also has a mop. Does Cormack choose the broom or the mop? "Let's go."

Axar looks at Ivar and says, "I don't think the trolls were looking for the Chaldera that I can recall. I think they just wanted to eat me. Both Hilde and I have encountered snake people that are seeking the Chaldera, which sounds like one of their own."

LordFluffy is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)

Cormack takes the mop, but his hand is shaking with rage as he does.

"Let's be clear, priestess: if I make any overtures to your goddess, it will be solely because you asked. I respect you. I've fought alongside of you. You've saved my life.

"Your High Priestess, on the other hand gave me no reason to trust her and every reason to doubt her. I don't know if I've explained to you why I don't enter into bargains where the terms are hidden, but doing so in the past has cost me family and freedom, so I will be dead and damned before I do it again.

"Your High Priestess gave me a command and I followed it. The fact that I did not trust her enough to think that gravity would not function as it has every other day of my life and risk being crushed on the rocks below is on her, not me. She looked at a dying man and chose to play games with him. It's not my fault I did not wish to play.

"So, if you ask me to go to a chapel and pray to a Goddess who I do not worship and who, again, I have committed no offense against of which I'm aware, I will do it for your sake, because I respect and admire you, and because it stands between me and greater knowledge. That is all and if that is not enough, let me know now. I care not one iota what your High Priestess thinks of me and if she wishes to go on asking for people to sign contracts they don't get to read, then she is little better than a demon. If that offends you, I apologize, but again only to you.

"Also, I will gladly prepare my space, but I am a member of the wise and learned. I know magic. I will use this mop, but tomorrow I will ensorcel it to act on it's own and I will use my minor magics to also clean things, because I will be in my own home and away from the prying eyes of the fools who fear what they do not understand. I was a farm boy once and I've done enough labor in my life to know it's value. I will not hamstring myself without reason.

"Are we on good terms, priestess, or do I need to risk doing this on my own again and wasting what the group has procured for me?"

"Our terms are not at risk, dear Cormack. Worship is what one does, not what one says. You honor the storm more than you realize."

"You followed not the command, so own the choice. Own that choice in contemplative prayer at the temple of Ceara. That would be a first step towards the hallowing of the ground. Own that that you did not follow the command to take the leap. It is often the case that we project our past onto the present. So it was with you."

"Pray and offer sacrifice to Her, to prepare. Miracles are not agnostic."
    Last edited by Arkady; 10-13-2020 at 05:59 PM.

Axar has little to offer. He only suggests to Cormack, "Look I am not telling you that I understand the High Priestess. I am probably the first one here that misread her. For as much favor as she has with her Goddess, she has a hard time relating to others in my opinion. Regardless, you donít want to piss her or Ceara off. We have enough powerful people and deities pissed at us already. I canít cast anything, but I can try to offer mundane assistance by attempting to distract Terriís ghost I guess. I have no idea if something like that would work but itís certainly worth a shot."

Axar adjusts his bandanna again and asks,"Why didnít we do this at the temple of Illkur?"

Envoyť de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Cormack shakes his head. A tempest of words play behind his eyes, but none are given air. He finally says, "Very well."

He sets the mop down and goes to Althir.

"If I take the evening to spend in contemplation, can we delay long enough for me to begin the ritual tomorrow?"

He then asks Hilde, "What is customary sacrifice in your religion?"

Spellblade is online now PbP Lvl.6 - reached 14,000 posts (Next Lvl.@ 23,000 posts)

Zavros says, “We are going to an awful lot of effort here when our next immediate destination is Stormgate where casting magic is a death sentence. Might we go there first before all these other activities?”

Althir says, "Will delaying Cormack's ritual going to increase the chance of success? I don't think so. Stormgate will still be there in 2 days. The anxiety of waiting may make the ritual fail. Hildegard and Cormack are working out the details of how to protect him during the ritual."

"Honesty, candor and humility," Hildegard replies to Cormack. "Please pray and introspect at the confessionals at the Church."

"As for the sacrifice, it is the thing that you least want to do that you know in your heart that you have to do."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast