Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 71 OOC

Hybrid View

Luopo is online now PbP Lvl.6 - reached 14,000 posts (Next Lvl.@ 23,000 posts)

Default Chapter 71 OOC

The current date is 4/17/1018-- a friday.

Lycanthus is online now PbP Lvl.5 - reached 6,500 posts (Next Lvl.@ 14,000 posts)

LOL I read that and I honestly went "Woot 40g" I did not even care how I got it... 40g is not bad for a nights work :P
    Corn can’t expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

LordFluffy is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)

How much does a dragon bone weigh?

1 lb

Quote Originally Posted by LordFluffy View Post
    How much does a dragon bone weigh?

That was unexpected

Arkady is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Luopo View Post
    That was unexpected
    Is it like the box in the diner scene from Pulp Fiction only there was no robbery underway?

I imagined we were in a booth with enough privacy. Theatre of the mind is a dangerous thing. LOL

Zavros, did you tell the current crew of the Wayward Moon your plans of converting the ship to an airship?

Cormack, are you increasing your lifestyle expense to Wealthy to match the neighborhood lifestyle of your new house? If so, there are 12 days left in the month to avoid any automatic complications.

The layout of the house is standard; kitchen and living room downstairs, 2 bedrooms upstairs. 1 front door, one back door into alley way/service corridor. Standard DC15 locks.

Zavros?

Zavros, did you tell the current crew of the Wayward Moon your plans of converting the ship to an airship?

zebsen is online now PbP Lvl.6 - reached 14,000 posts (Next Lvl.@ 23,000 posts)

Default Chapter 71 OOC

Yes, by RAW Zone of Truth will not affect a corpse. I like it though, especially because of this: "and the corpse is under no Compulsion to offer a truthful answer if you are Hostile to it or it recognizes you as an enemy." By the same rule that a corpse is an OBJECT, how does an object know you are hostile to it or recognize you as an enemy? So which way is it? Does an object feel? No, so the object would never NOT (yes, I know, a double negative) offer a truthful answer.

So, if you guys want to go by RAW, then no, the ZoT will not work, but then again, the corpse won't lie since it is an object, has no soul, nor feelings.
    It is a fuzzy area. The head itself is an object but during speak with dead, it is clearly something more. How it classifies, I don’t know. I might view it temporarily as undead or something like that. I am sure there are repercussions to that thought process as well.

I am not asking us to change the rule. I was just pointing out the oddity if it.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
    Last edited by zebsen; 10-10-2020 at 09:54 AM.

Spellblade is online now PbP Lvl.6 - reached 14,000 posts (Next Lvl.@ 23,000 posts)

I agree with this. I came to a similar conclusion. A corpse is an object and so zone of truth cannot work on it but on the same token it cannot lie but it can give vague or unhelpful answers depending on the individual asking.

Quote Originally Posted by zebsen View Post
    It is a fuzzy area. The head itself is an object but during speak with dead, it is clearly something more. How it classifies, I don’t know. I might view it temporarily as undead or something like that. I am sure there are repercussions to that thought process as well.

I am not asking us to change the rule. I was just pointing out the oddity if it.

Two more questions for speak with head.

It cannot be undead, since SwD specifically states it won't work on undead, and SwD says it doesn't have to give truthful answers, which to my meaning means it can give untruthful answers. It is poorly worded that is for sure. So I'm going to rule that ZoT does work under SwD, because otherwise there is no reason why someone you've killed in battle would not consider you the enemy and thereby be untruthful when answering questions, which would really make the spell useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellblade View Post
    I agree with this. I came to a similar conclusion. A corpse is an object and so zone of truth cannot work on it but on the same token it cannot lie but it can give vague or unhelpful answers depending on the individual asking.

Hilde, sorry, I thought I had reopened 71.1. I have deleted your post to keep it all together and reposted it with answers in 71.1

Thank you

Default Chapter 71 OOC

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Yes, he could be of help to her if he knew what to do, but I think his time in Creylorton didn't teach him much, and despite all the time prior to that spent in academy/seminary, they never covered this. So Hilde would still need to tell him what to do. How to help. But he is willing.
    It’s really up to you to decide how much you want to flesh out your character. For all he knows, hanging bundles of dried fish all about Cormacks abode may drive away the spirits—doesn’t mean it will actually work

Lycanthus is online now PbP Lvl.5 - reached 6,500 posts (Next Lvl.@ 14,000 posts)

plus at this point he has heard us waffling enough about this mysterious ritual that unlocks magical ability... (for a secret we really are lousy at not talking about it)... so as a cleric ... he would be naturally curious to involve himself in the "Helping" of Hilde as a way to learn more (I would assume... hell even from his scholarly side for the learning).
    Corn can’t expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

Whats the plan? Lets get this moving.

Whats the plan? Lets get this moving.
    I have been very busy at work. That is most of my posting difficulties.

Having said that, I still can't get my head completely around how to not waste another dragon bone for a Conduit for Cormack. That should be a priority, but it's not an area that I can contribute much other than a distraction that I can think of.

I don't know if Ivar is going to seek any kind of vengeance or what. If not, my vote is we move onto Stormgate. Jasrel seems to be getting stale.

Default Chapter 71 OOC

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthus View Post
    no idea.

heads up - I am away this weekend - will post when I can but will be spotty.

apologies in any delays caused.
    Unless someone disagrees let’s just do a turn where we go to the temple of Illkur, negotiate to have Cormack have a ghost free, quiet day, pay them whatever they ask and try for a Conduit.

Thoughts?

Last edited by zebsen; 10-22-2020 at 07:30 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast