Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 71 OOC

xcylla is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Luopo View Post
    yes. Are you eating rations?
    I guess so. I don't think we can afford to be kicked out of another restaurant.

Luopo is online now PbP Lvl.6 - reached 14,000 posts (Next Lvl.@ 23,000 posts)

in a city state of 90,000 people, there are a ton of places to eat.

Quote Originally Posted by xcylla View Post
    I guess so. I don't think we can afford to be kicked out of another restaurant.

but we can't really afford any more missteps of talking magic or slipping up and discussing things the general public finds offensive.

Arkady is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)

Hildegard will eat rations. The rest should have a good meal.

but we can't really afford any more missteps of talking magic or slipping up and discussing things the general public finds offensive.

There should be detriments to eating rations since they are survival food and not very good ones at that compared to fresh cooked food...

I will ponder upon it... maybe it causes intestinal blockage... explosive diarrhea... or something worse, a love for rations before all things

hmm... charisma checks at disadvantage since it sucks to eat rations and it's put the consumer into a shitty state...

As a former member of the USAF, I can remember eating rations for 5 days while we had base wide exercises in Germany--although that was 30 years ago so things may have changed, but it sucked. Sucked bad.

There should be detriments to eating rations since they are survival food and not very good ones at that compared to fresh cooked food...

I will ponder upon it... maybe it causes intestinal blockage... explosive diarrhea... or something worse, a love for rations before all things

hmm... charisma checks at disadvantage since it sucks to eat rations and it's put the consumer into a shitty state...

zebsen is online now PbP Lvl.6 - reached 14,000 posts (Next Lvl.@ 23,000 posts)

1 I believe that through the winter all water based ships are docked, but I'm not 100% certain that I'm remembering that right. Would that airship be flyable in the winter given that it's not water based?
    2 We can always get "to go" meals and take them to the ship. Yeah, packaging and silverware isn't going to be the same in fantasy times, but I think we just want to eat in peace without possibly upsetting the locals. In short, I think we can avoid rations and just pay extra to get some GrubHub/DoorDash in private.
    3 I'm fine with the business changes to increase. I had already deducted maintenance costs at the beginning of the month for both LD and TTG. I had them listed at 100 GP each. I will increase the LD to 150 GP if you are okay with that for the present month for Liquid Diplomacy given this new rule.

Hildegard also has Create Food and Water, which she can cast daily.

We can use cantrips to flavor the bland fare.

let's find a place to eat close to the docks.
    eat and leave.

1. No, there are no hazards such as icebergs in this climate, only further north towards Norsk, so all ships can sail and fly.
    2. I can make it happen at a cost of +1sp per person per meal, so throughout a whole day (3 meals), it would be an additional +3sp on top of your lifestyle expense to have it delivered to the ship. If you had a guildhall here in Jasrel, you could have food delivered there too.
    3. Don't change anything until the start of the next business month.

Quote Originally Posted by zebsen View Post
    1 I believe that through the winter all water based ships are docked, but I'm not 100% certain that I'm remembering that right. Would that airship be flyable in the winter given that it's not water based?
    2 We can always get "to go" meals and take them to the ship. Yeah, packaging and silverware isn't going to be the same in fantasy times, but I think we just want to eat in peace without possibly upsetting the locals. In short, I think we can avoid rations and just pay extra to get some GrubHub/DoorDash in private.
    3 I'm fine with the business changes to increase. I had already deducted maintenance costs at the beginning of the month for both LD and TTG. I had them listed at 100 GP each. I will increase the LD to 150 GP if you are okay with that for the present month for Liquid Diplomacy given this new rule.

flavored cardboard is still cardboard

Quote Originally Posted by Arkady View Post
    Hildegard also has Create Food and Water, which she can cast daily.

We can use cantrips to flavor the bland fare.

done

let's find a place to eat close to the docks.
    eat and leave.

Lycanthus is online now PbP Lvl.5 - reached 6,500 posts (Next Lvl.@ 14,000 posts)

Borrowing on religious rituals that I really have no idea about... but could Hilde "Bless and Sanctify" either the Boat or the Tower or Cormack's house as part of the Ceremony spell (or just some ritual known to high clergy) ... and would that be enough to ensure his ritual is undisturbed?

*thinking much along the lines of how priests go into houses and sprinkle holy water around etc to "banish" evil spirits etc*
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

That is a good idea.

I checked. The spell and think is needed is 5th order. Hilde does not have it: Hallowed Ground.

There may be existing hallowed spaces
    - Temple of Ceara
    - Lorgrim chapel
    - closed Ilkur temple? We may need to get a licence to open its doors.

Lycanthus is online now PbP Lvl.5 - reached 6,500 posts (Next Lvl.@ 14,000 posts)

Could Hilde request such a service from her Temple?

Could the King request such a service of the temple in return for those magical items?

(Note as I type this I have not read IC chat... so about to do that now)

ive corrected the Scymon - Ivar thing enough times in ooc... its time to start having fun with it IC.

Cormack is not well regarded by the High Priestess of Ceara. They are not going to allow one they see as a sophomoric non-believer to use their hallowed ground. I am open to ideas to persuade the church.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthus View Post
    Could Hilde request such a service from her Temple?

Could the King request such a service of the temple in return for those magical items?

(Note as I type this I have not read IC chat... so about to do that now)
    Last edited by Arkady; 10-07-2020 at 08:22 PM.

Two games with the same gender and class...

ive corrected the Scymon - Ivar thing enough times in ooc... its time to start having fun with it IC.

Ivar receives an Inspiration Point

Borrowing on religious rituals that I really have no idea about... but could Hilde "Bless and Sanctify" either the Boat or the Tower or Cormack's house as part of the Ceremony spell (or just some ritual known to high clergy) ... and would that be enough to ensure his ritual is undisturbed?

*thinking much along the lines of how priests go into houses and sprinkle holy water around etc to "banish" evil spirits etc*

Ivar receives an Inspiration Point
    Thank you Ivar!
    Hildegard will figure out what is required.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast