Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 65

Thread: The Gelatinous Cube of Gulthmere (CR 2)

  1. #1
    Hideous is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,989
    Rep Power
    50

    Default The Gelatinous Cube of Gulthmere (CR 2)

    The next day, Elminster teleports you to a small temple built in the heart of the Gulthmere forest.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Raymend sends his unseen servant ahead down the path 15ft (its draped in a cloth) he looks at his companions and grins "Bait" he readies his action to throw a flask of alchemist fire at the cube should it show up. "I think we should try to keep distance with this one"

  3. #3
    Lycanthus's Avatar
    Lycanthus is online now PbP Lvl.5 - reached 6,500 posts (Next Lvl.@ 14,000 posts)
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    7,185
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    "Aye, That would be wise"

    Karzac stows his warhammer and unslings his crossbow. Making a mental note to himself to upgrade to a heavier one at some point. He then moves to use the bush as cover and watches as the *bait* moves forward.

    ***
    Action/Free Actions
    Stow hammer/shield (unless light crossbow is usable with shield? in which case just the hammer is strapped)
    Setup Crossbow so that i'm ready to fire when needed.

    Move 1E 1NE
    Last edited by Lycanthus; 09-29-2020 at 07:02 PM.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.





  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,224
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    "The cube could be anywhere," Talanta comments, casting a suspicious look at the water. She stays where she is as her eyes scan the area.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPerception - (1d20+4) [10]

    ------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST


  5. #5
    Hideous is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,989
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Raymend's Unseen Servant advances merrily down the path. Meanwhile, Talenta's careful eyes detect no signs of movement.

    OOC: Since Drew hasn't posted yet, he gets two turns. Everyone else give me another turn of actions.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Raymend has the US move down the path 15ft and follows up to where it was previously. He softly speaks to his companions "Do ya think we should try to be a little stealthier?"


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Italy, Texas
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,871
    Rep Power
    60

    Default

    Tuff starts moving toward the temple, but she goes very slowly, moving at about only one third her normal pace, and she's looking very carefully at the spaces adjacent to the one she's about to step into.

    Tuff moves 1NE/1N.

    Tuff Moves 1N/1N.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,224
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Talanta follows the others, acting as rear guard.

    ------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST


  9. #9
    Lycanthus's Avatar
    Lycanthus is online now PbP Lvl.5 - reached 6,500 posts (Next Lvl.@ 14,000 posts)
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    7,185
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Karzac moves slowly forward...still watching ready to shoot at a moments notice

    ***
    Move 3 squares north
    readied attack with crossbow
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTo Hit - (1d20+3) (7) [10] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+1) (2) [3]
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.





  10. #10
    Hideous is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,989
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Tuff slowly advances, as does Karzac, but nothing else happens.

    OOC: Hope I got Tuff in the right square. Wasn't quite sure about your notation there. Karzac's readied attack doesn't go off. Talenta doesn't move because she said she was rear guard and Raymend hasn't moved yet. Everyone give me another round of actions.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Ooc: when i said followed to where it was previously i meant Raymend moved to where the US was previously
    Once again Raymend sends the US forward 15ft then moves to its previous location as quietly as he can . Still ready to throw the flask of alchemists fire and look to for their prey
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPerception - (1d20+3) [15]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollStealth - ( 1d20+5 ) [22]
    Last edited by ShinyApocalypse; 10-01-2020 at 01:39 AM.


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Italy, Texas
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,871
    Rep Power
    60

    Default

    Really, until something happens that switches us into 6 second initiative turns, Tuff will just keep moving toward the stairs and doorway of the temple ten feet at a time to represent how slow she's going, and she's taking a few seconds to stare hard at all three spaces to her NW, N, & NE each time before she moves, looking for anything that doesn't look quite right.

  13. #13
    Hideous is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,989
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Really, until something happens that switches us into 6 second initiative turns, Tuff will just keep moving toward the stairs and doorway of the temple ten feet at a time to represent how slow she's going, and she's taking a few seconds to stare hard at all three spaces to her NW, N, & NE each time before she moves, looking for anything that doesn't look quite right.
    Okay, go ahead and give me Perception checks on each of your turns then.

  14. #14
    Hideous is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,989
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Still need posts from Talenta and Karzac. I've updated on my own map Raymend's and Talenta's positions from last round since they did advance. Do I need to post that for clarification before you can post again? You just advanced 15 feet down the path.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,224
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Talanta continues to bring up the rear, staying alert for movement or other wrongness.

    ------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST


  16. #16
    Lycanthus's Avatar
    Lycanthus is online now PbP Lvl.5 - reached 6,500 posts (Next Lvl.@ 14,000 posts)
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    7,185
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Karzac waits by the leafy bush watching the floating clothes walk ever closer to the structure.

    He waits ready to fire his crossbow.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollReadied Attack - (1d20+3) (18) [21] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+1) (8) [9]
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.





  17. #17
    Hideous is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,989
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Quiet as a mouse, Raymend advances forward as he follows his Unseen Servant. Tuff is right behind him and together they both spot the Gelatinous Cube at the same time. Talenta is right behind Tuff, but neither she nor Karzac have spotted the nearly transparent cube as it sits perfectly motionless at the entrance to the temple.

    ROLL INITIATIVE!


    If you beat: Authentic Forum Dice-rollInitiative - (d20-4) (17) [13] , you get to act first. However, only Raymend and Tuff can see the gelatinous cube at the moment. Both Karzac and Talenta must succeed at a DC 15 Perception check in order to even notice the cube.


  18. #18
    Lycanthus's Avatar
    Lycanthus is online now PbP Lvl.5 - reached 6,500 posts (Next Lvl.@ 14,000 posts)
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    7,185
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Karzac

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPerception - (1d20+3) (13) [16]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollInitiative - (1d20+1) (15) [16]
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.





  19. #19
    Hideous is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,989
    Rep Power
    50

  20. #20
    Lycanthus's Avatar
    Lycanthus is online now PbP Lvl.5 - reached 6,500 posts (Next Lvl.@ 14,000 posts)
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    7,185
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Karzac - AC19 - HP 12/12

    Through the gap in the bushes Karzac spots the near imperceptable distortion of the temple archway and focuses in on the form that is the Gelatinous Cube. He fires his Crossbow at the wobbly bulk ... hoping to pierce its gooey form.

    "It's in the entrance way!" He calls to the others as he shoots.... then begins reloading.

    ***
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTo Hit - (1d20+3) (18) [21] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+1) (6) [7]
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.





Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •