Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 65

Thread: The Gelatinous Cube of Gulthmere (CR 2)

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,224
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTalanta Perception - (1d20+4) [22]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTalanta Initiative - (1d20+3) [7]

    "I see it!" Talanta readies an arrow, waiting for her shot.
    Last edited by shadowthebard; 10-07-2020 at 09:21 AM.

    ------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST


  2. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollInit - ( 1d20+3 ) [9] "Well aren't you a sneaky pudding" a little caught off gaurd by its closeness
    Last edited by ShinyApocalypse; 10-07-2020 at 01:23 PM.


  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Italy, Texas
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,871
    Rep Power
    60

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTuff Init - (1d20) [8]

  4. #24
    Hideous is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,989
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    With everyone spotting the gelatinous cube, Karzac is the quickest to react and fires an arrow which sticks into the large ooze with a sucking sound. The cube reacts next, before Raymend, Tuff, or Talenta can do anything. It advances south and tries to engulf all three of them, causing Raymend's unseen servant to dissipate and absorbing the cloth sheet.

    OOC: I need DC 12 Dex Saves from everyone except Karzac before you can take your turns.

    Initiative Order
    16. Karzac: AC 19 12/12 HP
    12. Gelatinous Cube: AC 6 77/84 HP
    9. Raymend AC 15 9/9 HP
    8. Tuff AC 16 12/12 HP
    7. Talenta AC 14 11/11 HP


  5. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDexterity - ( 1d20+5 ) [9] Raymend still caught of gaurd by the stealth pudding is engulfed by its mass
    Last edited by ShinyApocalypse; 10-07-2020 at 09:46 PM.


  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Italy, Texas
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,871
    Rep Power
    60

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTuff DC 12 Dex Save - (1d20) [9]

  7. #27
    Hideous is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,989
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    OOC: Ray and Tuff take Authentic Forum Dice-rollacid damage - (3d6) (1, 3, 3) [7] and are engulfed. While engulfed, they can't breathe and have the restrained condition. An engulfed creature can try to escape by using its action to make a DC 12 Strength check. Still need a DC 12 Dex Save from Talenta.

    Initiative Order
    16. Karzac: AC 19 12/12 HP
    12. Gelatinous Cube: AC 6 77/84 HP
    9. Raymend AC 15 2/9 HP
    8. Tuff AC 16 5/12 HP
    7. Talenta AC 14 11/11 HP

    Last edited by Hideous; 10-08-2020 at 03:00 AM.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,224
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTalanta Dex Save - (1d20+5) [13]

    (Wow, close call....)
    Last edited by shadowthebard; 10-08-2020 at 09:24 AM.

    ------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST


  9. #29
    Hideous is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,989
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Talenta is able to scramble back just in time to avoid being engulfed as well.

    OOC: Okay, everyone is up! Ray and Tuff are inside the cube and can be seen but have total cover. They need to make a DC 12 Strength check if they want to escape the cube. Otherwise, they remain restrained meaning their speed is 0, their Attack rolls have disadvantage, and they have disadvantage on Dexterity Saving Throws. Also, bad things happen if you are still inside the cube at the start of its next turn... However, if Ray wants to use his action to break the alchemist's fire inside the cube, he can do so without having to roll an attack given the circumstances.

    Initiative Order
    16. Karzac: AC 19 12/12 HP
    12. Gelatinous Cube: AC 6 77/84 HP
    9. Raymend AC 15 2/9 HP
    8. Tuff AC 16 5/12 HP
    7. Talenta AC 14 11/11 HP


  10. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,224
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Talanta Disengages and move to the other side of the pond. She wants to try and keep some distance between herself and the cube.

    ------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST


  11. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Raymend thinking his chances off escaping the puddings grasp slim. "Well time to see if this amulet works or not" the thought flashes through his head as a savage grin spreads across his face well he shatters the flask of alchemist fire.
    Last edited by ShinyApocalypse; 10-08-2020 at 03:40 PM.


  12. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Ooc if he can cast spells well engulfed he casts healing word at Tuff
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollHealing - ( 1d4+3 ) [7]


  13. #33
    Hideous is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,989
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Talenta disengages and moves to the other side of the pond while Ray accepts his fate and uses his last breath to heal Tuff.

    OOC: I'm allowing healing word to work because even though creatures normally can't be targeted behind full cover, the spell specifically says a creature you can see and the rules for the cube state that you can still see the creatures inside even though they have full cover. Its a gray area, but I figured I would give you the benefit of the doubt since you're about to be dissolved alive by acid.

    OOC2: Ray, go ahead and roll the d4 fire damage the cube is going to take at the start of its next turn. This should give you something to do while you're dead.

    Initiative Order
    16. Karzac: AC 19 12/12 HP
    12. Gelatinous Cube: AC 6 77/84 HP
    9. Raymend AC 15 2/9 HP
    8. Tuff AC 16 12/12 HP
    7. Talenta AC 14 11/11 HP

    Last edited by Hideous; 10-08-2020 at 05:18 PM.

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Ooc: Feel the burn!!!!!
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollFire damage - ( 1d4 ) [4]


  15. #35
    Lycanthus's Avatar
    Lycanthus is online now PbP Lvl.5 - reached 6,500 posts (Next Lvl.@ 14,000 posts)
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    7,185
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Karzac - AC19 - HP 12/12

    Karzac - crossbow reloaded... shoots another bolt at the Cube... he grimaces as he sees the two forms floating within... but he also sees Talenta running off.

    Determined to make it so at least one of them is still clear when the thing moves again... he runs to open the distance some more between himself and Talenta.

    Reloading the crossbow as he moves as well.

    ***
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTo Hit - (1d20+3) (5) [8] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+1) (5) [6]

    Move 5 Squares Due North.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.





  16. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Italy, Texas
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,871
    Rep Power
    60

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDC 12 STR Check - (1d20+3) [11]

  17. #37
    Hideous is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,989
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Tuff struggles to free herself from the gelatinous cube, and almost succeeds... almost. Meanwhile, Karzac shoots another bolt at the cube and even though his aim is poor, the large ooze is still hit. Unfortunately, the cube barely notices Karzac's crossbow bolt or Ray's flask of alchemist's fire as it works on dissolving its two victims, each of whom take Authentic Forum Dice-rollacid damage - (6d6) (1, 1, 4, 1, 4, 2) [13] as the cube moves to engulf Karzac as well. Ray succumbs to the acid and perishes as his burning flesh is instantly teleported back to Elminster's tower and his soul departs to follow it thanks to the strange and powerful magic necklace. Meanwhile, Tuff barely survives as her half-orc lineage is the only thing that keeps her from dying.

    OOC: Ray took enough damage that he is instantly dead from massive damage rather than dying. I need a DC 12 Dex Save from Karzac to avoid being engulfed. Ray can roll again for the alchemist's fire this round. Tuff is still engulfed and needs a DC 12 Strength check to escape.

    Initiative Order
    16. Karzac: AC 19 12/12 HP
    12. Gelatinous Cube: AC 6 67/84 HP
    9. Raymend AC 15 0/9 HP (dead)
    8. Tuff AC 16 1/12 HP (relentless endurance used)
    7. Talenta AC 14 11/11 HP


    Last edited by Hideous; 10-09-2020 at 01:12 AM.

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,224
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Talanta moves to where she can get a good shot at the cube.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollIf she can see it to shoot - (1d20+5) [25]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+3) [11]

    ------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST


  19. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,224
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollCrit Damage - (1d8) [2]

    ------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST


  20. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-roll Fire Damage - ( 1d4 ) [1]
    ooc: feels like im giving it indigestion burns


Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •