Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 52

Thread: The Carrion Crawler of Chelimber (CR 2)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,797
    Rep Power
    25

    Default The Carrion Crawler of Chelimber (CR 2)

    The next day, Elminster teleports you to a cave in the marsh of Chelimber. The cave is dark, and although Karzac, Tuff, and Talenta all have darkvision, Raymend does not. He must either light a torch, cast a Light spell, or go blind.

    You enter the cave and a short winding path leads east. You drop down off one ridge, continue west, and then climb another ridge which turns north. The cave complex opens before you, dark and ominous.

    OOC: Everyone go ahead and give me a turn. Raymend needs to state whether he is using a light source.

    Last edited by Hideous; 09-21-2020 at 09:16 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    85
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Raymend fumbles through his bag and the lights a torch and pull out his dagger while grumbling
    "Damn wizard could have warned us." He looks around at his companion "So what we doing this time, Tactics or Swords? Cuz swords seemed to work out quite well last time" sending a wink in Tuffs direction as he says the last line
    Last edited by ShinyApocalypse; 09-21-2020 at 02:28 PM.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Italy, Texas
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,761
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    "Tactics," Tuff mumbles in reply, humbled by yesterday's experience.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,192
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    "Tactics if we see the beast first," Talanta states.

    ------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    85
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    "So Tuff and Karzac up front, Me and Talanta bring up the rear? Then move foward and look for any signs of our prey." Raymend puts forward in a questioning tone.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    6,926
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    "Aye" says Karzac, ever conscious that his loud voice will echo far in these caverns and thus saying as little as possible until needed.

    With their marching order established... at least in his mind, Karzac - ever cautious moves forward. His eyes flit around watching for any sign of the prey.

    ***
    Move
    2 North
    1 North West
    2 North
    Last edited by Lycanthus; 09-22-2020 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Sorry I had to look at the map to work out movement so edited it in after posting.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.





  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    85
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Raymend follows behind Karzac with a big grin on his face and says in a soft voice "This is going to be fun" and thinking a ranged weapon would be better given the circumstances takes out his sling and readies it to fire if a hostile shows up from the dark


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,797
    Rep Power
    25

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Italy, Texas
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,761
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Tuff nods and starts moving as well, staying to the right side of Karzac. She takes her greatsword from its holster on her back and holds it at the ready.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,797
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    To the group's northwest, a 5 foot high ledge rises up to the next level. To the northeast, a rockslide has made it difficult to traverse farther to the right.

    Last edited by Hideous; 09-22-2020 at 12:11 PM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,192
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Talanta brings up the rear, staying alert for anything coming up behind them.

    ------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,797
    Rep Power
    25

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,797
    Rep Power
    25

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    6,926
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Karzac hates high ledges.... well ... its high to him.

    He snorts derisively at the challenge. Still he knows he has to do it and so he moves to the ledge and places his shield and warhammer on the ledge before using his strong arms to attempt tp lift himself up.... pleasantly surprises himself at his climbing ability this time around and finds himself upon the ledge. He retrieves his items taking a further step NW and waits for the others to join him once more.

    ***
    Karzac is 4'11" - tall for a mountain dwarf... but this ledge is 5 foot and he is in heavy armor. So I'm treating it as a climb for him.

    Move - 1N, 1 NW (Climb) - assuming climb is successful he will retrieve his items then move 1 further step NW if movement allows.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollClimb - (1d20+3) (12) [15]
    Last edited by Lycanthus; 09-23-2020 at 02:23 AM.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.





  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,797
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    The dwarf easily scales the ledge. As he looks around, his darkvision picks up something to the northeast. A massive wormlike creature with tentacles is perched on the ceiling of the cave.

    OOC: Your passive Perception was enough to notice the poorly hidden carrion crawler. Everyone roll initiative!

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollCC Init - (d20+1) (1) [2]

    Last edited by Hideous; 09-23-2020 at 02:30 AM.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    6,926
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Karzac - AC19 - HP 12/12 - SW Available.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollKarzac Init - (1d20+1) (7) [8]

    "I see the beast" he whispers as points his hammer in its direction. "'tis on the cave ceiling"
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.





  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    85
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollRaymend Init - (1d20+3) [14]

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    85
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Raymend will put the lantern on the ledge then climb up as well
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAthletics - (1d20+2) [21]
    And attempts to move behind that rocky outcrop in the middle of the plateau if they dont obscure his view of the beast and will cast Viscous Mockery DC 13 wis
    Last edited by ShinyApocalypse; 09-23-2020 at 11:35 AM.


  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Italy, Texas
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,761
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTuff Init - (1d20) [18]

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,192
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTalanta Initiative - (1d20+3) [12]

    Talanta moves forward, carefully navigating the rise, eager to turn the beast into a pin-cushion.

    ------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •