Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Chapter 70.2 Back to Jasrel

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    16,892
    Rep Power
    25

    Default Chapter 70.2 Back to Jasrel

    In the morning the group decided to pursue the trail of the trolls in the light of day. Althir was able to track the three trolls south and then after a mile or so, the three disbanded and headed different ways. Only able to find one trail, the group followed it and shortly gave up after losing the trail crossing a stream. Although it would seem that half of the group had absolutely no interest in trying to find the tracks of the troll, although verbally they were up for it, and Axar's attempt to commune with nature the night before yielded no positive results, the group gave up and headed west towards the High Road, finding it at nightfall. Taking comfort in the waystation, crowded with caravaners and travellers heading north, the group settled in for the night and had no problems finding rest as they had the night before.

    One more day heading south with the caravans, the group has another safe restful night before reaching Jasrel the next day. Night quickly approaches and the group decides to hold up in Althir's tower--which is uncomfortable at best since since it was only made for a small family of four. Axar spends the night at his brewery as he usually does, finding all is well there.

    In the morning the group leaves Althir's tower, since Axar has no means of reentering the Nobles ward without a host or by writ that he was an employee of a noble, and they all meet up at Axar's brewery, Tap that Glass, to decide what next to do.

    ooc: please remove 2 days of rations for your trip back to Jasrel.
    Last edited by Luopo; 09-15-2020 at 04:17 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,305
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    "I plan to ride to the Cove. The chapel construction has stopped. The round trip may be two days. Before I go I will try to track down the foreman. He may be in Jasrel," Hildegard announces.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    6,906
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    "I will get the locks sorted. It will give us all piece of mind to be sure that the place will be a little more secure when we take a longer journey. I also need to make sure that the safe was in fact installed - which will give me a chance to catch up with Percy and the lads. It should only take me the day. As for your foreman - I can help this evening, if you have no luck finding him during the day".
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.





  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    13,785
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Axar comes out from the back with some ale for everyone. He passes it out stating, "Anvil's been doing this for longer than I've been alive. He's forgotten more about brewing than I'll ever know."

    He curiously asks, "Anyone know what a Chaldera is? Ever hear of it or possibly him?"
    Last edited by zebsen; 09-16-2020 at 04:01 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,305
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    "Chaldera is a name for the whole world, with its three moons," Hildegard answers Axar.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    14,293
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    “Something to do with volcanoes as well,” mutters Zavros.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    6,906
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Stuffing food in gob... Ivar mutters with half a mouthful before pointing a fork with some food on it at Zavros.

    "No .... I believe that's 'Caldera'"

    a beat ...

    "What? I read..." He mutters as he stuffs more breakfast in.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.





  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    14,293
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    “Sounds like the same word to me,” grunts Zavros.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    13,785
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Axar looks at Hilde and asks, "I believe that the Chaldera is a person. I'd appreciate if you could use some divination when you have some time to either confirm that or find out more info. If you need some coin, let me know."

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,799
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Cormack says, "I need to try the ritual again. I need to find somewhere safe to do it.

    "After that, I have some mundane business to attend to. I might get fitted for some light armor. I am debating doing some personal scribing. Am I needed for anything else?"


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,305
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    "Let us take coin from the party fund for divine and library research of the name Chaldera," Hildegard expands on Axar's interest. "Could you not also commune with the Wolf to see what can be known? Perhaps Chaldera is a nature spirit."

    "Do think Chaldera alive today?" She tilts her head.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    6,906
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    "We should show Tru the armor and shields we collected so that he can grab some new gear...then sell the rest... I could always do with some more coin."
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.





  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    14,293
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Zavros nods, “Let’s get the gear sold and be done with it. We all could use the coin.”

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    5,656
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Althir said, "So, Tru is getting a suit of armor and a shield. Hildy and I both took shields. Let's sell the rest."

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    13,785
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Axar looks at Cormack and says, "We can't see ghosts and the amount of quiet time you require is... a lot. I wish you'd have completed the ritual at the temple to ward off the ghosts. Here... well, I hope it's not a repeat of the last time. I can't see ghosts, but maybe I can distract them or something. Perhaps I can antagonize Terri's ghost for a while and keep her occupied while you work? Just let me know when you're doing the ritual, and maybe I can provide a distraction."

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,799
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Cormack rubs his eyes. His fingers absentmindedly go to one of the scars on his face and traces it.

    He shakes his head and says, "I think this resource is too precious to waste on a maybe. I'm going to make some inquiries into finding more permanent lodgings. Perhaps convert the gems I won last winter into coin. When the time comes though, my friend, I will be glad of your assistance."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •