Thread: Chapter 70.2 Back to Jasrel

Default Chapter 70.2 Back to Jasrel

In the morning the group decided to pursue the trail of the trolls in the light of day. Althir was able to track the three trolls south and then after a mile or so, the three disbanded and headed different ways. Only able to find one trail, the group followed it and shortly gave up after losing the trail crossing a stream. Although it would seem that half of the group had absolutely no interest in trying to find the tracks of the troll, although verbally they were up for it, and Axar's attempt to commune with nature the night before yielded no positive results, the group gave up and headed west towards the High Road, finding it at nightfall. Taking comfort in the waystation, crowded with caravaners and travellers heading north, the group settled in for the night and had no problems finding rest as they had the night before.

One more day heading south with the caravans, the group has another safe restful night before reaching Jasrel the next day. Night quickly approaches and the group decides to hold up in Althir's tower--which is uncomfortable at best since since it was only made for a small family of four. Axar spends the night at his brewery as he usually does, finding all is well there.

In the morning the group leaves Althir's tower, since Axar has no means of reentering the Nobles ward without a host or by writ that he was an employee of a noble, and they all meet up at Axar's brewery, Tap that Glass, to decide what next to do.

ooc: please remove 2 days of rations for your trip back to Jasrel.
    Last edited by Luopo; 09-15-2020 at 04:17 PM.

"I plan to ride to the Cove. The chapel construction has stopped. The round trip may be two days. Before I go I will try to track down the foreman. He may be in Jasrel," Hildegard announces.

"I will get the locks sorted. It will give us all piece of mind to be sure that the place will be a little more secure when we take a longer journey. I also need to make sure that the safe was in fact installed - which will give me a chance to catch up with Percy and the lads. It should only take me the day. As for your foreman - I can help this evening, if you have no luck finding him during the day".
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

Axar comes out from the back with some ale for everyone. He passes it out stating, "Anvil's been doing this for longer than I've been alive. He's forgotten more about brewing than I'll ever know."

He curiously asks, "Anyone know what a Chaldera is? Ever hear of it or possibly him?"
    Last edited by zebsen; 09-16-2020 at 04:01 PM.

"Chaldera is a name for the whole world, with its three moons," Hildegard answers Axar.

“Something to do with volcanoes as well,” mutters Zavros.

Stuffing food in gob... Ivar mutters with half a mouthful before pointing a fork with some food on it at Zavros.

"No .... I believe that's 'Caldera'"

a beat ...

"What? I read..." He mutters as he stuffs more breakfast in.

“Sounds like the same word to me,” grunts Zavros.

Axar looks at Hilde and asks, "I believe that the Chaldera is a person. I'd appreciate if you could use some divination when you have some time to either confirm that or find out more info. If you need some coin, let me know."

Blog Entries

Cormack says, "I need to try the ritual again. I need to find somewhere safe to do it.

"After that, I have some mundane business to attend to. I might get fitted for some light armor. I am debating doing some personal scribing. Am I needed for anything else?"

"Let us take coin from the party fund for divine and library research of the name Chaldera," Hildegard expands on Axar's interest. "Could you not also commune with the Wolf to see what can be known? Perhaps Chaldera is a nature spirit."

"Do think Chaldera alive today?" She tilts her head.

"We should show Tru the armor and shields we collected so that he can grab some new gear...then sell the rest... I could always do with some more coin."

Zavros nods, “Let’s get the gear sold and be done with it. We all could use the coin.”

Althir said, "So, Tru is getting a suit of armor and a shield. Hildy and I both took shields. Let's sell the rest."

Axar looks at Cormack and says, "We can't see ghosts and the amount of quiet time you require is... a lot. I wish you'd have completed the ritual at the temple to ward off the ghosts. Here... well, I hope it's not a repeat of the last time. I can't see ghosts, but maybe I can distract them or something. Perhaps I can antagonize Terri's ghost for a while and keep her occupied while you work? Just let me know when you're doing the ritual, and maybe I can provide a distraction."

Blog Entries

Cormack rubs his eyes. His fingers absentmindedly go to one of the scars on his face and traces it.

He shakes his head and says, "I think this resource is too precious to waste on a maybe. I'm going to make some inquiries into finding more permanent lodgings. Perhaps convert the gems I won last winter into coin. When the time comes though, my friend, I will be glad of your assistance."