Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Ooc

Mask and helm made of mirror? How much?

Hideous is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyApocalypse View Post
    Mask and helm made of mirror? How much?
    A simple mask is relatively cheap, but a mirrored helm would be very expensive and time-consuming to make.

Look, I get that you guys are trying to be smart and tactical but this is a fight against a basilisk. If you are able to just avoid its petrifying gaze by putting on a mask, then I might as well just put you up against a giant lizard. You aren't going to be able to avoid the gaze entirely. You already have access to a simple mirror.
    Last edited by Hideous; 10-21-2020 at 02:28 PM.

Im not trying to avoid the gaze so much as make it save vs its own gaze as much as im going to be. Even though it is con is way better the then mine. I will get the mirrored mask

You've been amazingly patient, Hid. Thank you.

This tower that we all were first brought to and are spending the game in - is it Elminster's main abode or like a small summer home or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    You've been amazingly patient, Hid. Thank you.

This tower that we all were first brought to and are spending the game in - is it Elminster's main abode or like a small summer home or something?
    It's his original tower in Shadowdale, although it has been upgraded to include pockets of extra-dimensional space like a bag of holding. Thus, the interior is much larger than one would assume from viewing the exterior.

Lycanthus is online now PbP Lvl.5 - reached 6,500 posts (Next Lvl.@ 14,000 posts)

ITS A TARDIS!!

Weeeeeee
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

It's bigger on the inside. I see.

So I would imagine the place is just filled and covered with all kinds of crazy-looking things and rare stuff and artifacts and you name it. It wouldn't take long for us to move out of the "I'm a lone adventurer, I can take care of myself" headspace and start looking at El as an incredibly valuable source of great stuff. Maybe you didn't think of this or maybe you've actually been waiting for one of use to ask you this all along - are we able to just ask him for various stuff?

Unfortunately not. He is a rather busy man. You only see him for a few minutes each day, as he teleports all across Faerun to see to his duties as the Chosen of Mystra. He rarely occupies the tower anymore, and he has allowed you to use part of it as your home base. He isn't going to just give you supplies; you are expected to purchase anything you want or need from the shops in Shadowdale using the treasure you recover from each monster you slay.

I can understand that.

Okay I'd like to float a plan to the group. We all pitch in toward a Potion of Invisibility, a big blanket, a tough bag or sack of some sort (that can't be torn up by claws), a length of rope and/or chain, plus a large makeshift shield of some kind like a dinner table or a big ol' square of plywood. Basically something big, flat, wide, can take a hit or two, and is just about as high as from the floor to shoulder-height on Tuff.

The invisible person would still have to make con saves vs petrification , raymend is sneaky by his con save and grapple arernt that good. Wing it for now and this is our second plan? We seem to have kind of stalled out after half wipping with the death pudding. I think we should make a general prep then go for it. If it fails we go with more elaborate plans like drews plan to put a hood on the basilisk.

The invisible person would still have to make con saves vs petrification
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Petrifying Gaze
    If a creature starts its turn within 30 feet of the basilisk and the two of them can see each other,...
    You can look right at it. You're safe. It can't see you.

Total missed the part, so then that could work. My vote is still go in and wing it, if we wipe we go with that plan

Lycanthus is online now PbP Lvl.5 - reached 6,500 posts (Next Lvl.@ 14,000 posts)

Just a heads up - I am off to visit some friends for the long weekend here (NZ Labour Weekend Public Holiday)

I will have access to PC - but it will be spotty.

I apologise if this causes any delays/issues.

Total missed the part, so then that could work. My vote is still go in and wing it, if we wipe we go with that plan
    Sounds good to me.

Ready to fight. What's the battle order?

I am back btw - just waiting for a turn update myself.

Sorry folks. It was my son's second birthday this past weekend and yesterday and today I've been stuck working on a mediation brief in a case where we are asking for $10 million. I will try to read and update as soon as I can.

Not that I want to start the fight proper with a health loss... but you did roll an attack that landed (Ooc post #175) so Karzacs HPs are actually 10/20

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast