Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Ooc

Hideous is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    lol, I ask because I wonder if his character could put in custom orders for orb-shaped flasks. Then he could just treat them as sling ammunition and use a sling to fire them around with his proficiency bonus
    That's an interesting idea. I think they would need to be pre-ordered since they would take some time to create.

Plus, I'm concerned about whether it would work in the first place. 20 sling bullets cost 4 copper and weigh 1.5 pounds total. That means each bullet weighs 0.075 pounds each. That's less than a tenth of a pound. A single vial of acid costs 25 gold and weighs 1 pound. Alchemist's fire costs 50 gold and weighs 1 pound. Even if you could order sphere-shaped vials or flasks, throwing one would feel like throwing about 14 normal sling bullets.

Which is why we could stick with the range of improvised weapons of 20/60 instead of a the normal sling range of 30/120 the

Ok cool, with the money i have now ill spend 102 g for 2 acid bullets and 20 oil bullets for next time
    Last edited by ShinyApocalypse; 10-01-2020 at 10:50 PM.

I'm gonna give you a whole bunch right now in this post in this thread to keep your game thread less cluttered and you can use only the ones that are required.

Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20) [16] , Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20) [12] , Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20) [12]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20) [10] , Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20) [1] , Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20) [20]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20) [14] , Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20) [5] , Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20) [11]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20) [7] , Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20) [12] , Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20) [20]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20) [19] , Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20) [11] , Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20) [17]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20) [1] , Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20) [8] , Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20) [3]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20) [15] , Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20) [14] , Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20) [14]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20) [8] , Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20) [9] , Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20) [1]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20) [6] , Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20) [12] , Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20) [9]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20) [7] , Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20) [17] , Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20) [20]

I will incorporate this when I update the turn, but Karzac and Talenta both spot the cube as well, and Karzac's crossbow bolt hits the ooze. Talenta doesn't get to act until after the cube. Need initiative rolls from Raymend and Tuff.

Lycanthus is online now PbP Lvl.5 - reached 6,500 posts (Next Lvl.@ 14,000 posts)

I think you all have a Bardic Inspiration Die (the bard distributed them at the beginning I believe).... might want to roll it to see if you can get enough to get that 12 you guys need.

I believe its a 1d6
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d6) [2]

Lycanthus is online now PbP Lvl.5 - reached 6,500 posts (Next Lvl.@ 14,000 posts)

I thought a GC could only move 15ft ... I swear that one has moved more like 30ft.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthus View Post
    I thought a GC could only move 15ft ... I swear that one has moved more like 30ft.
    Youíre half right. Itís speed is 15 feet. Like most creatures, it can move itís speed and attack. However, it can also move itís speed and then use its action to Engulf. Engulf is a special mechanic that lets it move up to itís speed, including into other creaturesí spaces, so yes - it can move up to 30ífeet per round either by taking the dash action or the engulf action.

Could i break the alchemists fire well inside it?

Would raymend be able to cast spells well being engulfed? It says cant breath and restrained, would that interfere with the the verbal component of healing words?

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyApocalypse View Post
    Would raymend be able to cast spells well being engulfed? It says cant breath and restrained, would that interfere with the the verbal component of healing words?
    Per page 183 of the PHB on Suffocating: A creature can hold its breath for a number of minutes equal to 1 + its Constitution modifier (minimum of 30 seconds or 5 rounds). When a creature runs out of breath, it can survive for a number of round equal to its Constitution modifier (minimum 1 round). At the start of its next turn, it drops to 0 hit points and is dying.

So, in this case, Ray can hold his breath inside the cube for 2 minutes or 20 rounds. If he chooses to cast a spell, he uses his last breath to do so and begins suffocating. He can survive for 1 round like this before, at the start of his next turn, he drops to 0 hit points and begins dying. This ruling brought to you by my creative interpretation applying Jeremy Crawford's tweet in response to a question about casting spells underwater.

https://rpg.stackexchange.com/questi...er-cant-breath

Don't know why I even bothered trying to roll that dex save.

So I read up on cubes and it turns out that they're usually depicted as blue or green mostly just to help us, as the viewers of that artwork, easily see them. Really, they are colorless and completely transparent, and that's why they can surprise you so well if they're holding still. Only the glint of the light off of its surface is able to give away its position. Otherwise you can see right through them. If they have undigested stuff still inside them, that helps a lot, as floating stuff is kind of a dead giveaway that there's a cube right there. They can typically be between 10 to 15 feet on a side and weigh up to 50,000 pounds, so the ten-footer that is currently kicking our butts isn't even the biggest one out there in the world.

I also learned that their entire insides aren't all acidic at all times. They have pockets of an acidic digestive substance (also completely clear and transparent) that they are able to move around within themselves, and that is what dissolves the contents of the cube. Anything in the gelatin but not being worked on by the digestive acids will be unharmed. Apparently some drow once figured out how to turn gelatinous cubes into mounts this way.

Despite being extremely effective against flesh and cellulose, the digestive fluid of gelatinous cubes has no effect on inorganic matter or bones. Any inorganic matter would remain within their bodies for several weeks until eventually just being cast out the back of it, which is why they're often depicted with shields, skulls, swords, armor, and femurs floating inside them.

When they touch a creature as they start to engulf them, gelatinous cubes secrete a gummy, mildly-paralyzing substance that is immediately absorbed through the skin into the victim's bloodstream, which is why it takes a strength check to break free of what is basically a big square of Jell-o. If you somehow have a special circumstance where you don't have porous skin, like you have barkskin active or maybe like you're playing some race that has a leathery animal hide like that of a rhino's instead of normal skin or chitinous plates or you're made of something crazy like rock or metal, then you have advantage on the roll to escape a cube because its paralyzing agent isn't working on you.

If you somehow have a really good set of full-body armor that has good seals in its joints, then not only would you have advantage to escape, you'd also likely take no digestion damage. Since the cube is mindless, it probably wouldn't be able to figure out how to get its digestive fluids specifically past your suit's exterior and inside your suit to get at your digestible organic material. It would just try to generally digest you as a whole and be unable to, since it's attacking you almost entirely from the outside, which is your inorganic material armor suit.

So after learning all this, I'm hoping that Elminster's awesome magic necklace pulls our bones and gear out of the cube and back to the tower along with our spirits so that our stuff isn't already stuck inside the cube on our second attempt.

Nice crit, Shadow. You guys prevailed despite taking some losses. As your reward, you all hit level 2. Please update your sheets and then post here to confirm with a short blurb on what you gained. Meanwhile, I will post the treasure haul before we move on to the next fight.

Aye I fairly cheered when I saw that Crit.

And when I made the dex save... lets face it... I was convinced I was going to get gooped again.

I forget are we just taking the avg+con for HPs on leveling? or rolling.

LVL 2 - Fighter
    Gain Action Surge
    Gain *8* HPs (if its avg then its 6+2 taking me to 20 HPs total)
    - if its rolled then Authentic Forum Dice-rollHP Die - (1d10r1+2) (10) [12] (24 total) *note I assume a 1 can be rerolled hence the r1)
    I will buy a new crossbow to replace the one that went puff. (25g price)

Last edited by Lycanthus; 10-13-2020 at 11:24 PM.

How are we doing hp? Roll, max, average? And by drews description of a cube would a US even take damge from it?
    Last edited by ShinyApocalypse; 10-13-2020 at 07:11 PM.

Just take average hit points since Iím using the average for all the monsters instead of rolling them.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast