Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Ooc

In that case, I'd like to sell a few things. From my Background, the 'badge or emblem of your faction' and 'a copy of a seminal faction text (or a code-book for a covert faction)' items. From starting equipment, the hand crossbow and handaxe. From within the Explorer's Pack, the bedroll, the mess kit, the tinder box, and the 10 days of rations. What do you think I could get for hocking all that stuff?

So i bought
    Potion of Healing 50
    Alchemists Fire 50
    Silk rope 10
    Hooded Lantern 5
    10 Oil Flask 1
    2 Acid 50
    Rapier 25 so 191g spent

So I will be lighting up that instead of a torch and have the rapier instead of the dagger
    And before we go into the portal could I give each of my companions a bardic inspiration dice?
    Last edited by ShinyApocalypse; 09-21-2020 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyApocalypse View Post
    So i bought
    Potion of Healing 50
    Alchemists Fire 50
    Silk rope 10
    Hooded Lantern 5
    10 Oil Flask 1
    2 Acid 50
    Rapier 25 so 191g spent

So I will be lighting up that instead of a torch and have the rapier instead of the dagger
    And before we go into the portal could I give each of my companions a bardic inspiration dice?
    Yes to all.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    In that case, I'd like to sell a few things. From my Background, the 'badge or emblem of your faction' and 'a copy of a seminal faction text (or a code-book for a covert faction)' items. From starting equipment, the hand crossbow and handaxe. From within the Explorer's Pack, the bedroll, the mess kit, the tinder box, and the 10 days of rations. What do you think I could get for hocking all that stuff?
    You can sell anything you want for 100% of the item's cost. Anything not listed like a trinket or something, you can sell for 1 gold.
    Last edited by Hideous; 09-21-2020 at 11:54 PM.

Would Tuff be will to give the handcrossbow to Raymend with the promise of pay after the next hunt?

Quote Originally Posted by Hideous View Post
    You can sell anything you want for 100% of the item's cost. Anything not listed like a trinket or something, you can sell for 1 gold.
    Extremely generous. Thank you very much. I'll get it figured out and list the breakdown for you soon.

Would Tuff be will to give the handcrossbow to Raymend with the promise of pay after the next hunt?
    Yes. Tuff will give him the hand crossbow for free. We're a team, after all. Also, I was not going to sell her 10 torches in order to give those to Raymend as well, but if he's going to be a lantern kind of guy then I will go ahead and sell them. Let me know.

I think lantern mostly and keep some torchs

So I should sell some and keep some for your character? Or I should just sell them all because he already has what he needs?

I'll tell you what. For now, I'm going to sell them. If you need some torches later, though, we'll get you taken care of.

Hid, I sell the following:

Badge or emblem of your faction (1 gp)
    A copy of a seminal faction text (or a code-book for a covert faction) (1 gp)
    Handaxe (5 gp)
    Bedroll (1 gp)
    Mess kit (2 sp)
    Tinderbox (5 sp)
    10 torches (1 sp)
    10 days of rations (5 gp)
    Waterskin (2 sp)

So Tuff manages to squeeze out an extra 14 gold by getting rid of equipment that she would normally need but doesn't anymore now that she's in this unique situation. The hand crossbow is gifted to Raymend.

I'll tell you what. For now, I'm going to sell them. If you need some torches later, though, we'll get you taken care of.

Hid, I sell the following:

Badge or emblem of your faction (1 gp)
    A copy of a seminal faction text (or a code-book for a covert faction) (1 gp)
    Handaxe (5 gp)
    Bedroll (1 gp)
    Mess kit (2 sp)
    Tinderbox (5 sp)
    10 torches (1 sp)
    10 days of rations (5 gp)
    Waterskin (2 sp)

So Tuff manages to squeeze out an extra 14 gold by getting rid of equipment that she would normally need but doesn't anymore now that she's in this unique situation. The hand crossbow is gifted to Raymend.
    Done. Just assume Elminster conjures you all a magical feast every morning and evening.

Hideous do you count every two squares of diagonal movement as 15ft? I thought 5e dosnt use that rule

Hideous do you count every two squares of diagonal movement as 15ft? I thought 5e dosnt use that rule
    Yes, I do/was. If 5e got rid of that, then we can do away with it, but I wasn't aware of that change.

I haven't heard it put quite that way before - "every two squares counts as 15ft" - but it's basically the same thing as the other way I've always heard it put, which is every other diagonal shift counts as 10ft instead of 5ft. It's in 5e, but it's an optional rule now, found in the DMG.

Yeah they did, for simplicity of use. I fine with using the old way. Just wanted to know cause I was confused and wanted to be on the same page

I haven't heard it put quite that way before - "every two squares counts as 15ft" - but it's basically the same thing as the other way I've always heard it put, which is every other diagonal shift counts as 10ft instead of 5ft. It's in 5e, but it's an optional rule now, found in the DMG.
    I've found it easier to explain it this way. People seem to get confused the other way.

ha, I must be the weird exception that is confused by having it put the 15ft way

I've always explained it the way Drew is used to. The first diagonal move is 5 ft. The second one counts as 10 ft. Since this is an "optional" rule under the DMG, I'm going to stick with using it.

Are we with in its melee range? And how tall are the ceilings?
    Last edited by ShinyApocalypse; 09-25-2020 at 12:39 AM.

The cavern is roughly 15 feet from floor to ceiling. Think of it as 3 squares high. You are on the bottom square and the crawler is on the top one. There is 5 feet of air between you. So you are not in melee range unless you have a reach weapon. The same applies to the crawler.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast